lostinMI.....MIssed a dose, need advice

lostinMI

Hello.   I've been on Remeron and Lyrica for several months and hope to start tapering one or the other soon.

I got stuck away from home last night without these evening meds and missed my dose of both meds.

I'm back home now and need to know if I will be alright if I just wait till tonight to resume my dosing or should I take last night's dose of each med as soon as possible.

Thanks

45mg Remeron and 100mg Lyrica at bedtime for Depression and Anxiety. For 8 months now. Want to reduce these as soon as my benzo taper is complete. 

Currently on 8mg of Valium also,

Slowly reducing the Valium and when finished will taper off other two.

Hi

Don't try to compensate for the missed dose. You will be alright.

Just continue taking the meds like you have been taking them everyday. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

Thanks BB

45mg Remeron and 100mg Lyrica at bedtime for Depression and Anxiety. For 8 months now. Want to reduce these as soon as my benzo taper is complete. 

Currently on 8mg of Valium also,

Slowly reducing the Valium and when finished will taper off other two.

Hi LostinMI-- welcome to the group.  Missing one dose is no cause for alarm, just wait it out and pick up again tomorrow as if it never happened.  Thanks for filling in your signature it really helps us.  I'm not a benzo expert, but there is some good information in the Members Only Benzo forum on getting off of the Valium:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/29-members-only-benzo-forum/

When you get ready to taper the others, we have a lot of good information on that as well;

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Tips for tapering off Remeron (mirtazapine)

Tips for tapering off Lyrica (pregabalin)

Best of luck with your tapers.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking