pug

Has anyone told their work about their withdrawal?

pug

Hello,

Has anyone leveled with their boss or work about the withdrawal they are going through? Maybe in an effort to save their job? Just wondering how it worked out for you? I am fearful of losing my job due to withdrawal and wonder if my employer might try to help me if I told them.

Thank you!

LoveandLight

I gave up my work when this first started. I wish to god that I just kept my job and reinstated as soon as and stabilised soon as. But I can't imagine working with what I've read your going through.

Nomoreheadmeds

I havent worked since I first had depression and back injury.I would imagine withdrawal to be 10x worse holding down a job.

LoveandLight

Yes, I was cleaning in my last job and couldn't stop crying because I couldn't figure out how to mop the floor! I'm an intelligent person really..but my brain really left me that day.

machawolf

Once I realized I had been starting to make mistakes (not good considering I work in a lab) I promptly went to HR and told them of the situation which she than informed the boss and supervisor. I don't work with this Boss and supervisor directly but it is a small enough company that they do interact with me. If I got in trouble they would know and I wanted them to know why. I haven't told the boss directly above me because I don't trust him not to gossip.

My suggestion is tell who you absolutely need to in case things go wrong you have a legitimate reason. HR is probably best place to start. I would also suggest telling one or two trust worthy coworkers in case of emergency or if you need some help with something that normally you would not. Example sometimes withdrawal makes me weak, tingly and feel like my legs will cave out, which makes lifting at 12 gallon bucket out of the question. When I feel this way I will put it off until the feeling passes or if I absolutely need it done now I will ask one of the coworkers I told about my situation. 

Basically keep it minimal to who knows but make sure SOMEONE knows in case of trouble.

Pug I sympathize with you, I don't want to loose my job either but I can't not work or I will be homeless. We will get through this.

pug

Once I realized I had been starting to make mistakes (not good considering I work in a lab) I promptly went to HR and told them of the situation which she than informed the boss and supervisor. I don't work with this Boss and supervisor directly but it is a small enough company that they do interact with me. If I got in trouble they would know and I wanted them to know why. I haven't told the boss directly above me because I don't trust him not to gossip.

My suggestion is tell who you absolutely need to in case things go wrong you have a legitimate reason. HR is probably best place to start. I would also suggest telling one or two trust worthy coworkers in case of emergency or if you need some help with something that normally you would not. Example sometimes withdrawal makes me weak, tingly and feel like my legs will cave out, which makes lifting at 12 gallon bucket out of the question. When I feel this way I will put it off until the feeling passes or if I absolutely need it done now I will ask one of the coworkers I told about my situation. 

Basically keep it minimal to who knows but make sure SOMEONE knows in case of trouble.

Pug I sympathize with you, I don't want to loose my job either but I can't not work or I will be homeless. We will get through this.

Thank you for the wonderful reply and suggestions! It feels good to know that we have others that help us and to get through this journey together, thank you for that it means a great deal!

Mort81

When WD started and all HELL broke loose I tried to work through it. It was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. 6 months I tried . Eventually I took a medical leave. However its very complicated and doctors havent been supportive. Right now they are keeping my Job for me but I dont know how many doctors notes I can get . I dont see a timeframe when Ill have energy to work. I still have trouble walking around my block without getting tired.  This has been the hardest thing for me in WD .It probably has been slowing down my recovery by 50%. my constant worrying about when will I feel okay to work  again, Meanwhile I am going into all my savings to pay for my rent .  

I also never told my boss what I now know is WD, However he and all my co-workers watched me for 6 months struggle to get through the days. I lost 30 lbs in about 6 weeks at first . Everyone at my work thought I was dying. So nobody is questioning whether or not I was sick. I have come to the grim reality that if I am not ready to work and my savings run out , ill be forced to live with my parents and most likely lose my job because my doctors have just said go to work you will feel better, there is nothing wrong with u. I love When I hear that , when I have trouble walking around the block or opening a Jar !  I used to be able to bench 200 lbs , run 10 K and play sports but HEY YA IM FINE!!! Sorry ya'll just having a pissy day. 

chicken

I told my supervisor and just about everybody at work. I didn't worry about gossip because I wanted everyone to know what this drug can to do to someone. They all were very supportive as they watched what I was going through. I was seeing one doctor who supported me and wrote me an FMLA paper. I went out of work for about 3 months. When things got so bad I went in the hospital. My regular doctor continued the FMLA.

My job has short term disability and then long term for its employees. My doctor was beginning to believe that I was going to be disabled. I do believe that he would have supported me in signing up for disability but thank God it didn't come to that. However, he thought it was just my original anxiety returning, whatever!

I been back at work now for about a year. Many coworkers know I'm still tapering this last med and are very supportive.

Just be honest with coworkers and employers. I've found them to be very understanding when you are open and honest.

Knaster

I keep a quite strict line between work and my other life. Have however told two close colleagues that I trust and feel that they need to know why I sometimes just doesn't show up at work. My boss is a weirdo that I wouldn't trust to tell even the slightest personal info. I think I can keep my job during WD, but my performance is way lower than it used to be and It's rarely any fun at work anymore.

gemini

I stopped working. I need to go back to work asap even though I may not be able to function fully. I'm homeless and staying with psychotic sister.

302zoloft

I was off work for two months and I was honest with work. I told my line manager then hr. I was surprised how many people understood from similar experiences or just from anxiety they suffered. It felt good not to have to lie like it was a dirty secret or something to be ashamed of. I was taking medically prescribed pills and flowing medical advice; thus was not my fault!

grace2002

When I originally decided to taper of my SSRI about 6 weeks ago I did talk with my coworkers and my boss.  I was expecting some mood instability but nothing like this! I have since found this website thank God. I had no idea what I was in for. 

I have been going to work but have been very angry and irritable.  I work in hospitality so this is not good.  So far it has been my coworkers I feel I have been short with and not guests but I don't even trust my own judgement on this.  

Yesterday was the first day I just couldn't do it. I contacted my co-manager, found someone to cover my shift and planned to return to work today.  I later got a voicemail from my co-manager that she had taken me off the schedule for today as well and tomorrow is my scheduled day off.  Due to how I have been feeling I didn't argue the point but thought it was odd she would do that without discussing it with me. 

Later last night I got a rather nasty email from the hotel owner (my boss) basically telling me to suck it up or he would fire me.  He told me how my coworkers were all complaining, etc. I am upset that my coworkers didn't come to me (if this is even the truth-I don't trust the owner one bit). The owner basically stated that it was ridiculous to think any medication change was still causing issues weeks later. I feel I have been thrown under the bus after having been honest about my situation.  I just sent an email with some info from this site and a withdrawal symptom checklist I found on here to my co-manager to try and give them an idea of what is going on.  

I have no savings, one income and I am scared. I don't want to lose my home.  I have no idea what I would do in that event. 

I am going to try my best to keep working as I don't really have a choice. It has been particularly stressful at work the past several months due to major renovation and I now realize why I have been so hypersensitive to the noise, general chaos, lack of usual routine etc, that comes with that. I am generally the calm, laid back one at work. This is very disconcerting to me. I feel guilt toward my coworkers and guests.  

I also feel guilty because a huge part of me wishes I would get fired and be able to collect unemployment and possibly get through this WD faster with less stress.  My doctor does not know what I am doing. When I have approached her about this, she ups my dose, switches or adds meds.  Doesn't think I should go off them. I went off the SSRI as it wasn't working at all; in fact I was suffering from more depression and apathy. I don't know how this would bear in an unemployment case. 

So, I am not sure how this is going to play out. If I voluntarily quit I am screwed. This is a small operation. I AM the "HR manager " but  basically only in title as the owners have the last word (basically I get to do the dirty work when someone gets let go or new unpopular policy is put out).  Any words of wisdom here would be appreciated. Peace and serenity to us all! 

starcontrol2

I honestly don't know how I am still working as I have been so wrecked:(((

Come at 11, leave at 3-4.

I am on 1099 so any leave would be unpaid.

I guess I could try talking to my boss if need be, not sure what the outcome of that...

Some days are so bad I don't know how I get through them

grace2002

When I originally decided to taper of my SSRI about 6 weeks ago I did talk with my coworkers and my boss.  I was expecting some mood instability but nothing like this! I have since found this website thank God. I had no idea what I was in for. 

I have been going to work but have been very angry and irritable.  I work in hospitality so this is not good.  So far it has been my coworkers I feel I have been short with and not guests but I don't even trust my own judgement on this.  

Yesterday was the first day I just couldn't do it. I contacted my co-manager, found someone to cover my shift and planned to return to work today.  I later got a voicemail from my co-manager that she had taken me off the schedule for today as well and tomorrow is my scheduled day off.  Due to how I have been feeling I didn't argue the point but thought it was odd she would do that without discussing it with me. 

Later last night I got a rather nasty email from the hotel owner (my boss) basically telling me to suck it up or he would fire me.  He told me how my coworkers were all complaining, etc. I am upset that my coworkers didn't come to me (if this is even the truth-I don't trust the owner one bit). The owner basically stated that it was ridiculous to think any medication change was still causing issues weeks later. I feel I have been thrown under the bus after having been honest about my situation.  I just sent an email with some info from this site and a withdrawal symptom checklist I found on here to my co-manager to try and give them an idea of what is going on.  

I have no savings, one income and I am scared. I don't want to lose my home.  I have no idea what I would do in that event. 

I am going to try my best to keep working as I don't really have a choice. It has been particularly stressful at work the past several months due to major renovation and I now realize why I have been so hypersensitive to the noise, general chaos, lack of usual routine etc, that comes with that. I am generally the calm, laid back one at work. This is very disconcerting to me. I feel guilt toward my coworkers and guests.  

I also feel guilty because a huge part of me wishes I would get fired and be able to collect unemployment and possibly get through this WD faster with less stress.  My doctor does not know what I am doing. When I have approached her about this, she ups my dose, switches or adds meds.  Doesn't think I should go off them. I went off the SSRI as it wasn't working at all; in fact I was suffering from more depression and apathy. I don't know how this would bear in an unemployment case. 

So, I am not sure how this is going to play out. If I voluntarily quit I am screwed. This is a small operation. I AM the "HR manager " but  basically only in title as the owners have the last word (basically I get to do the dirty work when someone gets let go or new unpopular policy is put out).  Any words of wisdom here would be appreciated. Peace and serenity to us all! 

What ever happened with this situation?

I still have my job.  As I suspected, my boss was making things much more difficult than they needed to be.  He wanted my coworkers (peers and subordinates) to have a meeting with/about me (ie: firing squad) and they all refused which made me feel good. My co-manager told him to just drop it as it had been discussed and I had been a loyal employee for 5 years.  Now a bit more than a month later, the dust has basically settled but my boss still gets his little "digs" in about it as if I was just being difficult on purpose.  I am still employed.  

Now approximately 10 weeks out from stopping Paxil completely, I feel really good!  The extreme mood swings have stopped. My physical symptoms have stopped. I am feeling extremely blessed considering the crazy long withdrawals I have read about on this site.  PLEASE NOTE:  I am still taking Wellbutrin 150mg XL x 2 daily and Clonazepam .05 mg 2 at bedtime. 

Due to the HELL I went through and the fact that I am feeling really good and having no depressive symptoms, I have decided to stay where I am at for now.  I think the SSRI had become toxic to me, causing depression rather than helping it.  I may consider trying to reduce/eliminate the other 2 meds in the future but not going into the holidays and a long midwest winter which generally brings me down anyway. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is my current train of thought. I know the depression may very well rear it's ugly head again but so far so good. 

I feel strongly that FOR ME, the supplements I have been on have been vital in the speed of my recovery off the SSRI's.  I was on and SSRI for over 20 years. I am not suggesting anyone else do what I did but I will share what I am taking: Nutrilite "Perfect Pack" through Amway.  I buy mine on Amazon for less than I can get them from Amway.  I started them approximately 1 month prior to my down and dirty taper (which I do not recommend).  I am also taking the supplement MSM at 2 capsules twice a day.  I also gave up all caffeine and even chocolate for several weeks but have been able to resume 1 small cup of medium strength coffee in the morning without issue.  I'm not pushing it. I will update my profile and report back if things should change. 

I almost feel guilty when I see how so many of you are struggling for so long.  I would like to thank you all for your words and support here as it did encourage me to walk through the fire and to know I wasn't crazy and that I didn't need to go back on the poison.  I hope something I have said will help someone. I also hope that maybe others do recover more quickly as I have but haven't reported back. I can't be the only one. God bless you all and I will keep you in my prayers.   :)  :)  :)

Junglechicken

This is an issue I have been giving some serious thought to.

It certainly adds a whole extra challenge to an already challenging job.

Once I start working I will have to use my judgement on this.

I do think it depends on what industry you are working in as to whether it feels safe to tell our co-workers about our predicament.

I would also add that I consider WD to be a disability although as far as I am aware it doesn't yet have that label.

Praying that my interview at the end of the month goes well and that we will once again have an income.

grace2002

UPDATE 04/13/2016: I ended up quitting my job the day after Christmas. The working conditions became unbearable to me with my drunken boss around all the time (I am also a recovering alcoholic) and generally being on my case about every little thing all the time. I found a transcription job i could do from home and quit the next day. I didn't give notice. I don't recommend that. I just know I couldn't take one more day. I do regret that part of it but otherwise I think it has been exactly what I needed to really recuperate.

As my home job is much less lucrative than my hotel manager job and isolation is no good for me, I am back on the job search market but getting by with help from family. I feel really pretty good but my memory just sucks. I am also 50 and some of this may be perimenopausal type stuff too.  I do get pretty irritable at times but nothing like the initial withdrawal. 

I went to doctor back in January or February because I was spinning out of control again...getting depressed. After explaining my situation, he prescribed a visit to GYN (for hormonal issues) and a flippin' SSRI!  I was so angry. I went directly to the local healthfood store and asked what they had for menopausal symptoms. I started on Ultra Fem E which helped immediately. I went back a week later and started on SAMe...a supplement that has been PRESCRIBED for depression in Europe for years and is not contraindicated with other psych meds that I can find. I did my homework. I have added this at 200 mg twice a day with immediate amazing results. I have been on it for a couple of months now with lasting results. I pray it continues to work. And no side effects!!!  

Not saying this is a good answer for everyone but possibly worth researching. Of course, these supplements are not covered under my insurance and it's not cheap (About $170 a month for me). Thankfully I have people that know I need these items and are willing to help me financially until I get back to a "real" job. I order them from Amazon at a lower price than my local healthfood store. I prefer to buy local but just not an option at this time. 

It really pisses me off that SAMe is basically unheard of in the States. Big Pharma apparently can't profit from it so it doesnt exist. Not surprising.

Best to you all! :D  :D  :D

Rockingchaircat

I told the boss early on. And kept him informed during the worst times. He's been very accommodating in lightening my work load. I can still do many things. But some of the more heavy, responsibilities, have been taken off my plate.  Both he and the rest of the workforce have been helpful.

Though I do feel like a dead weight far too often.

Luckily I'm not taking quite so many sick days off, of late, than when I did the Big No-No of going Cold Turkey.

Let the boss know. And work with him/her. Any boss working for, is the kind that will work with you.

My boss? I could've put in for overtime many times, but I've chosen to not do so. Because of the leeway I'd gotten from him.

manymoretodays

There's a section in the Big Book(AA) about what to tell a employer.  It could probably be used as sort of a guide line template.   I went to a meeting where that chapter was the focus for that hour.  A lot of good stuff to sift through in that book, even if one doesn't fully identify with being a addict or alcoholic.  I mean I know our stuff is different.......dependencies vs. addiction/alcohol but there is some useful crossover.

I would think that if you present pretty logically to them.......a lot of employers would be willing to try and help the best that they knew how.  People generally like to help if you can tell them how to.  And can relate in some fashion as to what we go through........either their own experience or a loved ones.  You'd be surprised.  It's a teaching moment and then listening experience.......lol.

Might make them choose another candidate over you when hiring though........I don't think it's something that belongs in an interview.  With a already job couldn't you prepare when it comes time for some sort of review process.......in advance.........or go to HR and try there first?  Maybe?

I'll look for it and try and share just some of the more salient points.

I think that a lot of people have heard of Sam-E and St. John's Wort and such in the U.S.  Many try that kind of stuff before seeing a Dr.............just from personal experience and friends.  I'm too scared to try any of those now.........too sensitized.  Sure wish I had many, many years ago though.

Junglechicken

MMTD - am not planning on saying a thing about it at interview or I'll be screwed and never get employed.

However, how to deal with WD is something I have to seriously consider for the mid-long term.

manymoretodays

I know Jungle Chicken.  I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence or anything.  When I read this post I remembered a meeting I was at and the information was pretty good and could cross over to some extent.  I should have just waited to find it......the section and information.......and then post that.  It was probably the same as something already said anyway. 

I'm the idiot that checked disabled on my last application.......that doesn't often go over big as far as getting any new jobs.  And pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to stay with that particular job for long.......had I gotten it.........so it's water under the bridge now.  I'm just glad I didn't have to disappoint anyone. 

In any case I think the right job could be a real asset in getting through this stuff.  It might take a couple of tries.

I struggle a lot with the idea of no further paid word in my lifetime and for the time being..........just not ready at all, and worried about money matters pretty much on a daily basis.

Good luck.

Junglechicken

It's ok MMTD was just trying to make my point a bit clearer, lol

My CV now has a gap of 1 year so far since I lost my job last June.

Will have to play the international relocation card for a bit longer.

manymoretodays

I found it.  It's Chapter 10 in the Big Book.  And in the front.  "To Employers". 

Kind of more guilt provoking but there is other good stuff in the Big Book.   "The man who overcame fear"..........if I can find that part again I'll try and read it.  There IS a magic in the meetings though once in awhile.   Other times a lot of it seems shaming sometimes.  I have to find myself a few good ones again though.......meetings.   The meetings and the book can be a catalyst for inner change or a good start sometimes.  Seems a better fit for me than the Mental Health groups at this point.

Not what I thought it would be though. 

I guess I have gotten way too comfortable with just taking big gaps of time to deal with this all.

My CV gap is huge other than volunteer stuff once in awhile.

Plus.....I know I can't do what I used to do when I was happy doing it.  Sometimes it just feels like a loss.  Other times like a gain.  Makes it hard sometimes to redefine myself to myself.

moonstoneblue

My work know about my withdrawal and I have been off sick in total of 6weeks with withdrawal. I had 4 weeks off at first, went back to work for a further 4 weeks, but I have been off for another 2 weeks, plus a weeks holiday. I'm dreading going back.

My boss is very understanding about the whole thing, but it's head office I need to be scared of as they're really strict. I have followed procedure as much as I can though, but it has been tough, my mum has helped me out loads with sorting out appointments etc.

2befree4me

Hi everyone, just been reading all your posts on whether or not to tell your boss.

In 2011 when I had my break down, I ended up on 3 months disability, my manager and supervisor were not happy and behind my back (which in a small town and company, word gets back to you quick enough)  they were saying, "They wish they could fire me"  I am union by the way.

At the time I had given 6 years of 110% of my time and energy to the company only to find out how dispensable I really was (I no longer give that kind of dedication, I take care of me first)

even the insurance company I am under for disability was pushing me to get back to work to the point of harassment, I even yelled at them on the phone one time and started balling that this was harassment and I was going to report it, They backed down real quick when I had the energy to fight back because they knew they were in the wrong and could get into trouble should I make a complaint.  They were asking me how come others in my situation can work and I can't?  I was shocked at the question at the time and did not know what to say.  I told my doctor and she got mad and told me not to talk to them and refer them back to her, which I happily did.

Anyways, the insurance company had a health care worker come assess me an so told me to get out and try to walk a few minutes each day, with paralysing fear and the medication has not kicked in yet, I could barely exist never mind trying to go for a walk each day.  So I made it out 5 min. here and there and then my work saw this and thought I looked fine and should be at work and thus why they started saying behind my back they wish they could fire me.  

So unless they understand depression or the effects of the medication and so forth, I would be more cautious about what I told them and I would also get a written prescription of what health care wanted me to do to get better, like walking, and a doctors note about what mental illness really looks like with someone who has it and looks like they are fine, in case I may have to give proof of my illness to those ignorant close minded ones who think you should be able to just kick yourself in the but and get on with it.

I am a very strong willed person and believe me, if I could of (and God knows I tried) I would have.

so to make a long story short, I am now in a position with lowering my meds and having allot of sick days because of this, I cannot get a doctors note because my doctor does not approve of me lowering or going off my prescription, and being off sick allot could affect my job

and I am not sure what to do now.

My job is great and the wage and benefits I cannot match anywhere so I definitely do not want to loose my job or quit, but this is sooooooooo hard working a physical job on shift work going through withdrawals.

A thought just popped in my head as I am writing this, I am seeing a psychologist to help me with the withdrawals, perhaps I can get a note from her to give to my supervisor about time I may miss due to medication withdrawals????

any suggestions would help.

Thank you and I wish you all luck in your situations

Xena

by the way, is there spell check somewhere here? :huh:

Junglechicken

Hi everyone, just been reading all your posts on whether or not to tell your boss.

In 2011 when I had my break down, I ended up on 3 months disability, my manager and supervisor were not happy and behind my back (which in a small town and company, word gets back to you quick enough)  they were saying, "They wish they could fire me"  I am union by the way.

At the time I had given 6 years of 110% of my time and energy to the company only to find out how dispensable I really was (I no longer give that kind of dedication, I take care of me first)

even the insurance company I am under for disability was pushing me to get back to work to the point of harassment, I even yelled at them on the phone one time and started balling that this was harassment and I was going to report it, They backed down real quick when I had the energy to fight back because they knew they were in the wrong and could get into trouble should I make a complaint.  They were asking me how come others in my situation can work and I can't?  I was shocked at the question at the time and did not know what to say.  I told my doctor and she got mad and told me not to talk to them and refer them back to her, which I happily did.

Anyways, the insurance company had a health care worker come assess me an so told me to get out and try to walk a few minutes each day, with paralysing fear and the medication has not kicked in yet, I could barely exist never mind trying to go for a walk each day.  So I made it out 5 min. here and there and then my work saw this and thought I looked fine and should be at work and thus why they started saying behind my back they wish they could fire me.  

So unless they understand depression or the effects of the medication and so forth, I would be more cautious about what I told them and I would also get a written prescription of what health care wanted me to do to get better, like walking, and a doctors note about what mental illness really looks like with someone who has it and looks like they are fine, in case I may have to give proof of my illness to those ignorant close minded ones who think you should be able to just kick yourself in the but and get on with it.

I am a very strong willed person and believe me, if I could of (and God knows I tried) I would have.

so to make a long story short, I am now in a position with lowering my meds and having allot of sick days because of this, I cannot get a doctors note because my doctor does not approve of me lowering or going off my prescription, and being off sick allot could affect my job

My job is great and the wage and benefits I cannot match anywhere so I definitely do not want to loose my job or quit, but this is sooooooooo hard working a physical job on shift work going through withdrawals.

A thought just popped in my head as I am writing this, I am seeing a psychologist to help me with the withdrawals, perhaps I can get a note from her to give to my supervisor about time I may miss due to medication withdrawals????

Xena

Xena

An all too familiar story unfortunately :0(

Except I lost my job after my breakdown, med leave and eventual return to work (I was based in Calgary, AB).

Doggirl19

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this site and I've been off the worst anti-depressant for about a year.  In the meantime my productivity, focus, and concentration has gotten really bad.  The last 8 months have been the worst.  I am an accountant so this isn't good.  I am making silly mistakes and my manager has been awful regarding things.  I have told a couple of co-workers about what is going on but not the partners or my manager.  Most days you can find me just sitting at my desk crying because I'm incredibly frustrated with myself.  I just don't know how to explain what I'm going through.  My husband has been really trying to understand but he is losing his patience.  

Even though I am on new meds, I'm still majorly depressed and have high anxiety.  I worry every single day that I'm going to lose my job.  I am the "bread winner" in the family.  If I lose my job, I lose the house, my dogs, everything.  My husband just recently took a great job in Ohio (I'm in Georgia) so I've made the decision to sell the house and move up there and start over.  With the proceeds of the sale of the house I can afford to take a few months off.  Which I believe I desperately need.  

I've always been considered incredibly smart and able to pick up on things but I just can't anymore.  It scares me.  I was studying for the CPA exam and I can't retain any information.  If someone tries to teach me something new, I just don't understand it.  I really, really hate this.  

Thank you for taking the time to listen to me.

scallywag

Doggirl -- would you post an introduction for yourself in the Introductions and updates forum? That's the best place to ask questions about your situation and get answers. :)

Junglechicken

Will wait until I have passed my 6 month probationary period at my new job, and even then, will have to seriously consider whether mentioning anything about WD will help my cause in any way.

Already fessed up on my Psychometric test that I am a 'nervous person', lol, and I still got the job so can't all be bad.