cyopher72 not sure what to do

cyopher72

Hi,

I came across this site while doing internet searches regarding the hell I've been in the last few months.

About 4 1/2 years ago my Primary Care Provider prescribed me Pristiq 100mg for depression. Recently May 2015 my insurance company decided they didn't want to pay for the drug any longer.

When my doctor called me to discuss putting me on something different I told him I'd like to stop using antidepressants. For a taper he prescribed me Effexor 75mg for 7 days and then Effexor 37.5mg for 7 days for a total 14 day taper this taper started May 3 2015 - May 17 2015. 

I felt withdrawal symptoms almost immediately. My head felt weird, like I wasn't myself. I was dizzy, extremely tired, and emotional. I was basically not able to function for a month. The withdrawals went away towards the middle of June and things were good for the next 4 weeks or so (although i did feel a little emotional and hopeless from time to time)

Then on July 21st while at work I had a severe dizziness come over me and a feeling of impending doom, tingling fingers, heart racing. I went to the emergency room they did all sorts of tests and said I was ok.

On July 22nd I woke up feeling fine but later in the afternoon all of a sudden my heart started beating really fast I mean really pounding, I felt weird in my head. I went to the emergency room for a second day in a row. Once again they said everything was fine.

On July 23rd I woke but didn't feel better. I have lack of energy, dizziness, my head feels weird (like I'm not myself), i feel fatigued in my neck and arms, defeated, jittery (like I have drank several cups of coffee) but my pulse if fine. These symptoms have continued since the 23rd and I'm really worried. I have no idea what to do. Can I just ride them out and they will go away, or is there something I can do.

My mother takes Prosac and is happy with it. Do you think if I started Prosac it would curb these symptoms? I"m reluctant to go back on Pristiq or Effexor due to the month of hell I went thru and now this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

AD History
Zoloft (Sertraline) 4/07 - 7/09, Celexa (Citalopram) 7/09 - 10/09 , Zoloft (Sertraline) 11/09 - 4/10 , Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine) 5/10 - 4/15 , Effexor (venlafaxine) 5/15 (2 week taper)

Taper 
05/2015 - Effexor (venlafaxine) 75mg  7 days, Effexor (venlafaxine) 37.5mg 7 days.

Reinstatement  Effexor (venlafaxine)
05/21/2016 37.5mg 06/01/2016 18.75mg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cyopher72

• Altostrata

• AliG

• Nomoreheadmeds

Top Posters In This Topic

Your symptoms are very, very similar to mine. Also you have been using desvenlafaxine almost as long as I did use venlafaxine.  Your tapering has been too rapid, like mine was. I know exactly how you feel.

I'm not about to give you any medical advice, but my best advice to handle this condition is to live as healthy as possible and AVOID STRESS!  Make sure you get enough sleep and give yourself a permission to be convalescent at times. 

And of course, take a look at this forums other topics, this is a major databank about this condition we are suffering.

And the most important thing is to remember, that as time goes by those awful symptoms will go away! 

It's fascinating that you mentioned this "feeling of impending doom", because that is something that has haunted me for all this time after my tapering. It it extremely disturbing. Now I'm 100% sure it is a withdrawal symptom.

Please send me a private message if you ever feel like it.

My history:
Escitalopram 5-10mg 2006-2008

Fluoxetine 40mg 2008-2010
Venlafaxine 150mg 2010 - December 2014
I tapered off very quickly:
1. week 75mg
2. week 35,5mg
3. week 17mg
4. week 8,5mg
5. week none

• Administrator

Welcome, cyopher72.

Do you have any Effexor left? If so, open the capsule and take 10 beads immediately.

You have withdrawal syndrome from Pristiq. The switch and taper your doctor prescribed was not gradual enough for you. Effexor is a close relative of Pristiq and may stop the withdrawal symptoms.

If you need to, phone your doctor immediately and request a prescription for 37.5mg Effexor XR to be taken continuously for a month or more.

Hopefully, you will stabilize on a low dose of Effexor. This can take a month or more, then you can taper off properly.

For information, see

What is withdrawal syndrome?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Tips for tapering off Pristiq (desvenlafaxine)

Tips for tapering off Effexor (venlafaxine)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Welcome, cyopher72.

Do you have any Effexor left? If so, open the capsule and take 10 beads immediately.

You have withdrawal syndrome from Pristiq. The switch and taper your doctor prescribed was not gradual enough for you. Effexor is a close relative of Pristiq and may stop the withdrawal symptoms.

If you need to, phone your doctor immediately and request a prescription for 37.5mg Effexor XR to be taken continuously for a month or more.

Hopefully, you will stabilize on a low dose of Effexor. This can take a month or more, then you can taper off properly.

For information, see

What is withdrawal syndrome?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Tips for tapering off Pristiq (desvenlafaxine)

Tips for tapering off Effexor (venlafaxine)

Thank you for your help.I will check out all the links.

I have no Effexor left and my doctor just called me in a prescription for Prosac 20mg capsules which I picked up on my way home from work today. Do you not think the Prosac could stop my symptoms?

I will send him a message asking for 37.5mg Effexor XR I hope my insurance will let him prescribe another antidepressant so close to this one.

Is it normal to have a month of withdrawals immediately after quitting and then have a month of feeling great only to be followed by another month of withdrawals?

AD History
Zoloft (Sertraline) 4/07 - 7/09, Celexa (Citalopram) 7/09 - 10/09 , Zoloft (Sertraline) 11/09 - 4/10 , Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine) 5/10 - 4/15 , Effexor (venlafaxine) 5/15 (2 week taper)

Taper 
05/2015 - Effexor (venlafaxine) 75mg  7 days, Effexor (venlafaxine) 37.5mg 7 days.

• Administrator

Withdrawal syndrome is very poorly understood by doctors. It is assumed to be inconsequential and short-lived.

This site exists because those assumptions are untrue. Many of the people here have some form of post-acute discontinuation syndrome. They initially may or may not have had "classic" acute symptoms immediately upon quitting.

Your pattern of withdrawal syndrome is not unusual. What doctors need to understand is ANY appearance of withdrawal symptoms means the taper is too fast. NONE of the symptoms are trivial.

Doctors often switch people to Prozac to get them off Effexor, which is very difficult to quit. The idea is that it's easier to go off Prozac -- however, that assumption does not always hold, either.

Your choice whether to try Prozac. If you do, I highly recommend starting at a low dose, such as 5mg, to avoid blasting your already sensitized nervous system. Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine) explains how to take a low dose.

If you don't have an immediate bad reaction, give it at least a week to see how it's going to affect you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks again for your help. 

I will wait until tomorrow to see if my doctor calls in the Effexor 37.5mg (sounds like your advice would be to go that route if possible) would you recommend the whole 37.5 or break it up into smaller doses?

if he will not I will try to dissolve my 20mg capsules into 20ml of water and start by taking 5ml a day.

im so glad I found this site. I don't feel so alone.

AD History

Taper 

• Administrator

It's probably safer to start with 10 beads of Effexor rather than the entire capsule.

When I got up this morning my doctor had replied to my message. He stated that he wanted me to try the Prosac for the 30 days he called in first and that if that didn't work for me we could talk about switching.

After reading that I emptied a 20mg capsule of Prosac into 1 measured cup of water shook it up and then drank 1/4 cup of the liquid. I put the rest in the fridge for the next 3 days.

I'm a little unsure what to expect....

1. How long before I get an indication one way or the other as to rather it's working.

2. Whats a good schedule to get myself up to the 20mg capsule? how long should I take 5mg before going to 10mg etc.?

3. Any other comments you fell may be helpful?

Thanks.

AD History

Taper 

I took that 5mg at 7am and I was feeling relatively ok until about 11:00am. My head feels weird, and I'm jittery now. The feeling is different than I have been feeling. Is this one of those things that may get worse before it gets better? 

AD History

Taper 

• Administrator
If you don't have an immediate bad reaction, give it at least a week to see how it's going to affect you.

Please let us know how you're doing.

Please let us know how you're doing.

My head feels weird/dizzy and I have been uncontrollably yawning all day long. I feel a little more hopeless, but I have felt worse.

AD History

Taper 

Just laying here in bed trying to watch some television I do feel worse than the last few days at this time. I am experiencing high levels of anxiety, and am scared. Yawning like crazy but don't seem to be able to doze off.

The last few days to a week I have been able to relax a bit before going to bed, but am all wound up tonight. Would this fall under the "immediate bad reaction" category?

I'm so scared.. I wish there was a standard answer. I hate leaving something this debilitating up to chance. I'm worried about losing my job.

AD History

Taper 

That is always the issue with withdraw is there is no standard answer. I have learned so much from the support on this site about how everything is different from one person to another. Hang in there and follow what the moderators/peers tell you to do and you will get through this! Peer support seems to be the only people who understand what we are going through. Doctors have no clue. Thoughts and prayers for you!. 

40 years old and have been on 20 mg of Paxil for the last 19 years. Multiple unsuccessful attempts to quit over the years.01/2015 Was tapering using liquid Paxil. MD has prescribed 1 ml = 2mg taper every two weeks or once withdrawal symptoms at that dose subside. Reduced from 20 to 10 mg using this method and at 10 mg severe withdrawal set in. 1.5 months of pure hell. Found SA, learned what was happening, and reinstated to 20 mg. After a month of severe symptoms recovered with the reinstatement. Fish oil - Multi Vitamin - Pro-biotic, amino-acid/B Vitamin supplement every day. Magnesium as needed.08/09/15 - 18 mg - 09/08/15 - 16.4 mg - 10/10/15 - 15 mg - 01/02/16 - 13.6 mg 02/15/16 - 12.0 mg - Bad symptom flare up 40 days into drop - Dizziness, panic/anxiety, overheating (esp at night), low appetite, headache, insomnia with bizarre dreams, internal shaking. 04/16/16 - 11mg - 7/17/16 - 10 mg holding.....

Thank you Jlynn......

Yeah I'm pretty sure now that I can't keep taking the Prosac 5mg. Reintroducing another antidepressant to my nervous system is making it worse. My mind is going 1000 miles an hour, I'm feeling jittery, I can't sleep, I want to give up. Not sure what I'm going to do now. This every day struggle has been going on for a month, not knowing when of if it'll get better is breaking me. Getting thru work is a daily battle.

Sad part is now I'm envious of how I felt yesterday. I wonder how long this 5mg is going to last in my system.

Please God help me!

AD History

Taper 

I did not take the 5mg Prosac (fluoxetine) today due to the negative effects yesterday and last night. I even still feel a little worse today. Any comments on my odds of riding this out? I feel horrible don't even want to get out of bed, but it doesn't look like I can add any other drugs at this time.

AD History

Taper 

If I wanted to find a doctor that actually understands what I am going thru and that could help me how would I go about it? My primary care provider thinks I'm nuts. He said "There's no way you are suffering from withdrawals 3 months out"

I have tried looking online for Psychiatrist in my area and there are alot. I'm not sure how I'd have any idea if they are good or if they would understand what I am going thru and be able to help. To start I'd be happy just to have a doctor to talk to that would acknowledge that I am having mental and physical symptoms from the drug I use to take.

AD History

Taper 

• Moderator Emeritus

See if anyone listed on this thread is close enough to you.

I merged your question with your intro topic... please post in this thread as there is only one topic allowed per person and you will get the most views this way.  Tip... you can easily find your intro thread by putting a link to it from your sig line..  That's what I do.. see below.

By any chance, are you accessing this site on a mobi?  If so, it would be easier to access the information on a desktop or laptop .. at least until you get more familiar with the way the forum works.  You might also read this topic if you have not already done so.  Thanks

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

See if anyone listed on this thread is close enough to you.

I merged your question with your intro topic... please post in this thread as there is only one topic allowed per person and you will get the most views this way.  Tip... you can easily find your intro thread by putting a link to it from your sig line..  That's what I do.. see below.

By any chance, are you accessing this site on a mobi?  If so, it would be easier to access the information on a desktop or laptop .. at least until you get more familiar with the way the forum works.  You might also read this topic if you have not already done so.  Thanks

Thanks Skyler I appreciate your patience.

Unfortunatly none of those doctors are close to me. I'll just have to pick one here and try and convince.

AD History

Taper 

What about reinstating Effexor? Even although you don't want to, it may be worth it..

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

What about reinstating Effexor? Even although you don't want to, it may be worth it..

As of yesterday my doctor said not until i tried the Prosac for a month. It's three months since I got done now.. won't 4 months be to long to try reinstating? I'm so confused and afraid that any little thing will aggrivate it more.

AD History

Taper 

I think four months is ok but unsure..hold on for more advice..

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Administrator

As of yesterday my doctor said not until i tried the Prosac for a month. It's three months since I got done now.. won't 4 months be to long to try reinstating? I'm so confused and afraid that any little thing will aggrivate it more.

Your doctor is being a jerk.

It sounds at the very least that 5mg Prozac is too strong for you. You might try 2mg. See this topic for instructions about how to make a liquid Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine)

If that doesn't help, after a week phone your doctor and politely insist on Effexor XR.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still not taking any antidepressants.

I spoke to a psychiatric nurse practitioner/counselor yesterday. She says it sounds like I have Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (P.A.W.S.) she is referring me to a Psychiatrist who she says will understand this and be able to help me. I'm cautiously optimistic.

My symptoms have been evolving or at least changing. I am no longer having issues with appetite and seem mostly regular from a digestive perspective. I had lost 20 lbs due to lack of appetite, and the fact that I didn't seem to be digesting food but my weight has stabilized for now.

I still have issues sleeping past 4am, I wake at 4:00 / 4:30 every morning really jittery with bed sweats, and my hands are partially numb. The numbness goes away shortly after getting up but sometimes the jitteryness lasts until 10:00am.

I have been having vision issues where things just look weird.. one time I noticed while looking in the mirror that one of my pupils was larger than the other.

I still feel weird(effected) in my head. Things just don't seem real or i just fee disorientated. This is persistent sometimes it is not as bad but is always there.

I have noticed over that last couple of days that my arms and legs tingle from time to time.

I still feel deep depression at times but overall I do feel a little better.

As always your comments and/or thoughts will be appreciated.

AD History

Taper 

• Administrator

Wow! That nurse practitioner is unusual, to recognize PAWS. That is exactly what's going on.

Can you recommend her to help people taper? Add her contact info here http://tinyurl.com/7cp8l8v

Same with the psychiatrist, if he or she understands tapering. If he or she understands PAWS -- that's one doctor in a million! 

Please let us know how it goes.

It does sound as though you've improved a bit. The tiny bit of Prozac in your bloodstream might be helping. You might consider 0.5mg.

Wow! That nurse practitioner is unusual, to recognize PAWS. That is exactly what's going on.

Can you recommend her to help people taper? Add her contact info here http://tinyurl.com/7cp8l8v

Same with the psychiatrist, if he or she understands tapering. If he or she understands PAWS -- that's one doctor in a million! 

Please let us know how it goes.

It does sound as though you've improved a bit. The tiny bit of Prozac in your bloodstream might be helping. You might consider 0.5mg.

I'm actually still not taking any medications. The be honest I wanted to try but I am scared of them now.

I will update as son as I have more info.

AD History

Taper 

• Administrator

Prozac has a long half-life. If you stopped on August 12, you still have a tiny bit left in you.

Prozac has a long half-life. If you stopped on August 12, you still have a tiny bit left in you.

I only took one 5mg dose on the 12th since I thought it made me feel worse. You think that little bit has lasted this long?

AD History

Taper 

• Administrator

It has a washout period of 2 weeks. It is possible that, as it was wearing off, the level hit a sweet spot and it helped you feel better.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had their vision or hearing effected as a withdrawal symptom? I am having noticeably worse vision (a little blurry) in my left eye along my left ear being sensitive to sound at times.

I have my first appointment with the psychiatrist next Monday. I'm trying to hold out until then to get her advice but am seriously contemplating trying the Prozac again to see if i can get this to stop. I'm just so scared I'll make it worse. I'm a shell of myself, but as bad as I feel I can at-least come in to work.

I keep feeling like I am getting better for a day or half a day only to realize the next moment I'm not. It's peaks and valleys. I'm not sure how much longer I can take it.

AD History

Taper 

• Administrator

See our Symptoms and Self-care forum for suggestions about how to cope with symptoms http://tinyurl.com/3hq949z

It is unlikely your psychiatrist will have any idea what's going on with you. Few do.

I looked thru the first couple pages of posts at the link you provided.

Is there a comprehensive list or compilation of all the symptoms people have experienced somewhere on the site?

I was asking because the symptoms would be easier to deal with if I could know others have experienced them.

I am experiencing a great deal of additional anxiety worrying about my symptoms and the possibility that I am on my way out.

AD History

Taper 

• Moderator Emeritus

Here is a list of symptoms produced bynDrGlenmullen - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=143

You are not on your way out, you have withdrawal. Try not to catastrophize your situation. That will pile stress onto your nervous system which is likely to exacerbate withdrawal

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Altostrata,

I have not taken any medication with the exception of one 5mg Prosac (fluoxetine) dose since taking my last 37.5mg Effexor (venlafaxine) on 5/20/15

I am finding life almost unbearable. I'm worried about my job, and my marriage, as well as just being able to get thru the days.

I have an appointment with a psychiatrist this coming Monday. If she recommends me going back on an antidepressant what are your thoughts? I seen on another post that reintroducing meds after a few months is likely to be unsuccessful?

Do you think there is any chance taking something like Prozac may get me back to normal?

I just want to be like I was a few months ago.

Thanks

AD History

Taper 

Altostrata,

I have not taken any medication with the exception of one 5mg Prosac (fluoxetine) dose since taking my last 37.5mg Effexor (venlafaxine) on 5/20/15

I am finding life almost unbearable. I'm worried about my job, and my marriage, as well as just being able to get thru the days.

I have an appointment with a psychiatrist this coming Monday. If she recommends me going back on an antidepressant what are your thoughts? I seen on another post that reintroducing meds after a few months is likely to be unsuccessful?

Do you think there is any chance taking something like Prozac may get me back to normal?

I just want to be like I was a few months ago.

Thanks

Are you aware of any success stories doing something similar?

AD History

Taper 

• Moderator Emeritus

My guess is that you are in withdrawal from Pristiq/Effexor and reinstating a small dose might help. Read back through your thread, this was suggested earlier. Prozac doesn't always relieve withdrawal symptoms from other drugs. Its in a different class from Pristiq/Effexor, they are SSNRIs Prozac is a SSRI.   About reinstating and stabilizing to stop withdrawal symptoms

Has anyone had their vision or hearing effected as a withdrawal symptom? I am having noticeably worse vision (a little blurry) in my left eye along my left ear being sensitive to sound at times.

Vision symptoms: floaters, snow, blurred or dimmed vision etc

Overstimulation and Increased Sensitivity to Light, Sound etc.

Please let us know what you decide and how your appointment goes.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

My guess is that you are in withdrawal from Pristiq/Effexor and reinstating a small dose might help. Read back through your thread, this was suggested earlier. Prozac doesn't always relieve withdrawal symptoms from other drugs. Its in a different class from Pristiq/Effexor, they are SSNRIs Prozac is a SSRI.   About reinstating and stabilizing to stop withdrawal symptoms

Vision symptoms: floaters, snow, blurred or dimmed vision etc

Overstimulation and Increased Sensitivity to Light, Sound etc.

Please let us know what you decide and how your appointment goes.

I'm presently not sleeping hardly at all, jitters thru the entire night. Funny thing is I only had mild anxiety before taking the Pristiq never had jitters. My insurance company will not pay for Pristiq any longer and to be honest I'm scared of the stuff now.

I understand I am looking for answers that don't exist. I'm currently torn between two options neither of which promote feelings of optimism. I can try and ride it out drug free, or I can try a small amount of Prozac to see if it will help my symptoms.

I was unrealistically hoping that someone had gone as long as I had (4 months) off an SNRI and reinstated with a small dose of Prosac and rather they had success or not. Just looking for a little hope.

AD History

Taper