SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Don't waste your money on Truehope, The Road Back, Point of Return, Label Me Sane, Hardy Nutritionals

whimsy

ADMIN NOTE Also see

Injured by True Hope

Truehope's EmpowerPlus vs an ordinary multivitamin

Brain scans - fMRI, QEEG, PET, or SPECT - for psychiatric problems

Genetic testing: "Personalized medicine," liver enzymes, genotypes, GeneSightRx, Genomind, etc.

Alternative to Meds Center (ATMC) in Sedona, Arizona?

Is there anyone out there that has tried the True Hope program? Has anyone had success on it and what were your experiences? I am currently on it but went off the drugs much too quickly.

Edited by Altostrata
updated admin note

Tapered off Cymbalta 30mg., Oxycodone, Klonopin 4mg. down to .25 mg a day. Previously on multiple ssri's, snri's, lithium, anti-seizure drugs. Medicated for 25 years for depression, which changed to bi-polar after start of anti-depressants. Suffering anxiety since starting the TrueHope program, tapered off drugs in less than a month...too quickly. On long term disability for several years now. Hyper-Sensitive to most drugs and vitamins.

I've never heard of it.

As a rule, supplement programs designed to alleviate withdrawal symptoms are a lousy choice. Firstly, anxiety/depression or withdrawal are personal. There arent onesize solutions. Secondly, there aren't really simple solutions period. Thirdly, while I no nothing of this operation, marking up supplements and promoting them as distress-relieving to highly distressed people is a sort of despicable business if the marked supplements don't solve the distress problem.

Fourthly, no prepackaged supp program that I know of effectively and broadly solves the distress problem.

Fifthly, I rarely start my sentences in this numerically adverbial fashion. It's probably in poor stylistic taste.

I'm sorry to be negative about the True Hope thing, but this has been my experience.

Alex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

• Administrator

Sorry, we don't recommend TrueHope or any other supplement program for withdrawal.

What we've found is the supplements may or may not work for an individual and can be purchased one by one elsewhere at a lower price, which is a safer way to try them.

If this or any other supplement program worked, I would send everyone to that program and close up this site.

Please see our policy here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1371-no-recommendations-for-commercial-programs-to-assist-withdrawal

and about TrueHope products http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1368-truehopes-empowerplus-vs-an-ordinary-multivitamin

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

More about TrueHope and the research they use to sell EmpowerPlus and their supplements:

EMPowered to Kill

by neurocritic

http://neurocritic.blogspot.com/2012/07/empowered-to-kill.html

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

• 10 months later...

Which supplement should i use to aid my withdrawal of 5mg Abilify,i used to take 10mg of Abilify for 4 years for my schizophrenia,then reduced to 5mg,i still feel bad and i decided to reduce the abilify on my own and i am taking 2.5mg and doing fine,less tired and mentally abit cleaer...i seen on website that people used programmes for antidepressant or antispcyhotic withdrawal i wonder which of these 3 programme/supplement should i use or i can just buy some general vitamins like vitamin b3/b6,zinc to aid my withdrawal?

Jan 2009-Mar 2016---Abilify(20,15,10,5mg),Risperidal(3mg,2mg,1mg),Mirtazapine(30mg,15mg)

2 years before:

Mar 2016-Feb 2017---Abilify(5mg,2.5mg)

July 2017-Oct 2017---Olanzapine 15mg

Oct 2017-Nov 2017---Olanzapine 10mg

Nov 2017-Feb 2018---Olanzapine 5mg

Feb 2018-NOW---Olanzapine 2.5mg

Dear Mobc1990:

Glad you found this site. You might find some worthwhile information in my intro. My son is currently withdrawing from Abilify. He's had plenty of unsuccessful attempts at withdrawal, but using the general guidelines of this site, it seems to be going very well so far.

By general guidelines I mean that he's going very slowly (he doesn't exceed 5% taper <some people are doing well with 10%>, reinstating if things get rocky at a point midway between old and new dose, and taking good care if himself (diet <definitely avoiding sugar and alcohol>, sleep, mild exercise and yoga).

He tried Theroadback with poor results (hospitalization). My opinion, for what it's worth, is that supplementation programs are not the way to go. You will find people here who have found benefits to small doses of some supplements (fish oil and magnesium), but programs seem to favor larger amounts of many vitamins and minerals. The programs do not seem to appreciate how sensitized people's systems become on meds, or the tremendous differences between individuals.

In addition to a slow taper and healthy lifestyle, my son is working hard to understand what brings about extreme mental states. Beyond withdrawal effects, he is learning what brought him to take meds in the first place (hint: it ain't chemical imbalance or mental disease).

You may find value in reading (he also has youtubes) Rufus May.

Be well,

Ed

Edited by Altostrata
added paragraph breaks for readilbity

• Administrator

Mobc, we do not recommend any of those programs. There are a number of topics discussing them, but our policy is summed up here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1371-no-recommendations-for-commercial-programs-to-assist-withdrawal/

The best way to minimize withdrawal symptoms and assure safely quitting a psychiatric drug is systematic tapering. See this topic about tapering Abilify http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1896-tips-for-tapering-off-abilify-aripiprazole/

Please see our Symptoms and Self-care forum for suggestions of non-drug ways and supplements to help with withdrawal symptoms

Please start a topic for yourself in our Introductions forum so we can get to know you and you can journal your progress.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone read The Road Back: How to get off psychoactive drugs safely? By James Harper? He speaks of a high success rate with his methods. I just started it. Sounds interesting. Hes supposedly helped thousands of people and has been involved and researching, building a team and putting all the info to use now for almost 15 yrs. Hes updated it as he finds out what works better as the yrs go by. The science and knowledge is always improving. Its got everything from progress charts to nutrition and tapering with single and multiple meds. The book is on amazon but if u go to the site the pdf is free. Im reading it right now. Figure its worth a shot. The address is www.theroadback.org. Check it out and lemme know what u think.

Had anyone read The Road Back: How to get off psychoactive drugs safely? By James Harper? He speaks of a high success rate with his methods. I just started it. Sounds interesting. Hes supposedly helped thousands of people and has been involved and researching, building a team and putting all the info to use now for almost 15 yrs. Hes updated it as he finds out what works better as the yrs go by. The science and knowledge is always improving. Its got everything from progress charts to nutrition and tapering with single and multiple meds. The book is on amazon but if u go to the site the pdf is free. Im reading it right now. Figure its worth a shot. The address is www.theroadback.org. Check it out and lemme know what u think.

Put on Paxil 20mg for anxiety in 1998. Crapped out fall of 2005. Taken off cold turkey by my Dr.Put on Effexor xr 150mg within a week. Crapped out summer 2012.  Dosage was upped to 225mg.  Symptoms worsened.  Quit smoking and started a slow taper at 10% every 4-5 weeks or so.  At around 25mg started developing ocd like symptoms(intrusive thoughts mainly)Slowed taper down.  Symptoms remain.  Got down to 2mg and quit the Effexor.  I was fine for a few weeks and was hit with a wall of symptoms. (I had started tapering my benzo at this point not knowing I shoulda waited much longer) I then hit with a wall of WD symptoms.  Debilitated.  Reinstated December 30th, 10 beads.  Felt really messed up.  Dropped to 5 beads.  Remaining until stable.

Started Klonopin 1mg once a day during my taper. Summer 2014. (At this time I was at 25mg Effexor) Dropped to .75mg of Klonopin for 3 weeks. Wd symptoms worsened. Klonopin is back to 0.5mg twice daily. Waited for a month and made the mistake of starting a slow taper(what I thought was slow) at 6.25 percent for one week but had insane nightmares. It was too early to try and taper.  I went back to .5mg twice daily but seem to be having interdose wd. Symptoms are Sleep disturbances, depression and weird chest pains. Working my way to .25 mg spread evenly 4 times a day. Gonna stabilize and start a taper after 6 months er so.

Check it out and lemme know what u think.

It is a great idea to use search before posting a topic, often you will find it has already been covered here.

QUOTE:

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

There are a number of commercial programs that say they will help with withdrawal. They usually sell ordinary supplements that are relabeled and marked up so they are quite expensive.

I've looked closely at each of these programs and I do not feel I can recommend any of them. If I found a program I believed gave better advice than this site and provided truly effective supplements worth their cost, I would happily send everyone there and close up SurvivingAntidepressants.org.

But so far, what I've found is these programs are overpriced and the tapering advice is no better informed than the advice you'll find here, and sometimes dangerously misleading.

In some cases, supplements are recommended that may exacerbate withdrawal symptoms in sensitive nervous systems.

Where these programs provide scientific papers to support their claims, I have found they provide no basis for purchasing that specific program. In some cases, the pseudo-scientific explanations are nonsensical.

Each person makes his or her own decisions. For these programs, I say, buyer beware:

- TrueHope and EmpowerPlus an ordinary multivitamin, repackaged, plus relabeled and overpriced supplements

- NutraTek (another venture of David Hardy, former president of TrueHope)

- Point of Return and Label Me Sane (relabeled and overpriced supplements)

- The Road Back and TRB Health (relabeled and overpriced supplements)

- The Amen Clinics, popularized by Dr. Daniel Amen, discussion here and here. The brain scans are very expensive, add radiation risk, and are not valid in diagnosis.

- Neuroscience neurotransmitter testing and supplements. Often prescribed by naturopaths and quite expensive, the neurotransmitter testing is invalid. See Dr. Andrew Weil on this type of testing. Results from Neuroscience testing are accompanied by recommendations for their expensive proprietary supplements, which are supposed to address the imbalances found in the testing.

- Any treatment that purports to balance neurotransmitters. Some "alternative" treatments are based on balancing neurotransmitters. The "chemical imbalance" theory is a fallacy in "alternative" treatments as much as it is in medicine.

If you are participating in these programs and like their products, you are welcome to participate here as well, and we will support your taper. However, if you wish to publicly discuss these programs with others, please go to the sites run by their respective companies.

You are free to discuss individual supplements, such as whey protein isolate, in our Symptoms and Self-care forum, where we have topics about herbs, supplements, alternative treatments, and psychotherapeutic techniques to aid withdrawal.

SurvivingAntidepressants.org is as skeptical of alternative remedies as any other treatment for withdrawal syndrome. Every "alternative" treatment for depression or mood or whatever, such as orthomolecular medicine, presumes you have a normal, intact nervous system.

"Alternative" treatments for depression do not account for nervous systems sensitized by withdrawal. Whatever claims they make for dramatic results are based on people who have relatively normal tolerances.

Psychiatric drug withdrawal syndrome cannot be treated, with drugs or with alternative remedies, as though it were a relapse of normal depression or a so-called mood disorder. It is something else entirely, usually autonomic dysfunction.

If I find I can recommend any alternative treatments, I will, and I will encourage discussion about them.

Note: Chelation is irrelevant in treating withdrawal syndrome. It was developed to treat heavy metal poisoning. If you have withdrawal symptoms, heavy metal poisoning is not your main problem. Liver cleansing is unnecessary and stressful. If you have withdrawal symptoms, they are not due to the presence of the drug in your body, they are due to its absence.

Edited by Altostrata, 07 June 2014 - 05:21 PM.

updated

END QUOTE

In wd, especially acute wd. supplements can often cause very unpredictable and unwanted reactions in sensitized people. Worst are the ones containing more than one compound because how will you know what you may be reacting to? That is just another reason we don't recommend them. You are, however free to try them and report on your results but be mindful about what Alto has said above. We just cannot recommend them and we suggest you do not either.

As an fyi, I found SA primarily because I had purchased over $300 worth of stuff from TRB, just put the order in, and for some reason did a google search and found this very post, back in 2012. It convinced me me so much that cancelled my order and stayed here. I could ill afford that purchase anyway and it could have made me feel much worse than I already was.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Its funny u say that because i was just reading through it, i had just started the book, and step 4 was "purchase supplements" and i thought no wonder the book is free. Its too good to be true. Its a scam. Sorry for posting about it. Thought id look into it but i completely agree with u. Im with you on the chemical imbalance bs. I never believed that from the day i started ssris. Just seemed like an easy answer and excuse to push the med even harder.

Put on Paxil 20mg for anxiety in 1998. Crapped out fall of 2005. Taken off cold turkey by my Dr.Put on Effexor xr 150mg within a week. Crapped out summer 2012.  Dosage was upped to 225mg.  Symptoms worsened.  Quit smoking and started a slow taper at 10% every 4-5 weeks or so.  At around 25mg started developing ocd like symptoms(intrusive thoughts mainly)Slowed taper down.  Symptoms remain.  Got down to 2mg and quit the Effexor.  I was fine for a few weeks and was hit with a wall of symptoms. (I had started tapering my benzo at this point not knowing I shoulda waited much longer) I then hit with a wall of WD symptoms.  Debilitated.  Reinstated December 30th, 10 beads.  Felt really messed up.  Dropped to 5 beads.  Remaining until stable.

Started Klonopin 1mg once a day during my taper. Summer 2014. (At this time I was at 25mg Effexor) Dropped to .75mg of Klonopin for 3 weeks. Wd symptoms worsened. Klonopin is back to 0.5mg twice daily. Waited for a month and made the mistake of starting a slow taper(what I thought was slow) at 6.25 percent for one week but had insane nightmares. It was too early to try and taper.  I went back to .5mg twice daily but seem to be having interdose wd. Symptoms are Sleep disturbances, depression and weird chest pains. Working my way to .25 mg spread evenly 4 times a day. Gonna stabilize and start a taper after 6 months er so.

• Administrator

I gave up and made a topic for this.

We do not recommend The Road Back or their package of supplements.

Sounds good. I read about 6 pages in and realized it was too good to be true when they said to purchase supplements.

I gave up and made a topic for this.

(lol) Good thing I read this or I'd have merged it..... :)

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Before I discovered Surviving Antidepressants, I discovered The Road Back. My withdrawal symptoms were just beginning at that point. I purchased the book and supplements, and before I even completed the first day of the supplements, I knew I had made a huge mistake. About 4:00 in the afternoon of the first day, my symptoms ramped up really bad! I was already sceptical that the whole program was designed just to sell supplements... So, yes... I have to say a scam! I was desperate, and this is what they are counting on.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Before I discovered Surviving Antidepressants, I discovered The Road Back. My withdrawal symptoms were just beginning at that point. I purchased the book and supplements, and before I even completed the first day of the supplements, I knew I had made a huge mistake. About 4:00 in the afternoon of the first day, my symptoms ramped up really bad! I was already sceptical that the whole program was designed just to sell supplements... So, yes... I have to say a scam! I was desperate, and this is what they are counting on.[/quote

Its usually how it works, right? They know people are desperate and will do anything to feel better and they feed off of that. Its disgusting.

Exactly, DS. I knew it was a risk. Fortunately, it only set me back a few days.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyone who has tried the road back recovery program? im looking for some honest reviews. it looks kinda like a scam but the when you're desperate your desperate. the program centers around the supplement JNK.  heres the link 

http://www.theroadback.org/trbprogram.aspx

zoloft 200mg, cold turkey w/d depression

wellbutrin, only took for two weeks because of side effects

effexor, 225 mg, cold turkey, w/d depression, anxiety

lexapro 20mg, tapered, side effects, weak muscles, fasciculations, brain fog, nerve pain, fibromyalgia, anxiety, mild tremors

abilify, took one dose, temporary akathisia, and myclonic jerk

compazine 10mg iv, intense anxiety, intense fasciculation, prolonged acute akathisia, depersonalization, dulled processing

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi

It's a good idea to use the search function before starting a new topic. We have discussed the road back before - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7717-the-road-back-and-their-supplements/?hl=%2Broad+%2Bback

We don't recommend it

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

merged similar topics

• 2 months later...

I tried the Road Back supplements out of desperation when my Lyrica tapering was too abrupt and i had severe withdrawal and after taking them for just three or four days, I paid a heavy price. I wish I had discovered SA before I bought them. My tummy would start gurgling at 4 am and I had to eat every hour as I felt that my stomach was empty. I went from being able to eat anything I wanted to having serious restrictions now on what I could tolerate - and I would never recommend that anybody especially with a sensitive gut take these supplements.

Dec. 2013-April 2014: 75 mg Lyrica once daily for tingling in feet and pain from back issues

Early April 2014:  W anted to go off Lyrica and reduced to 50 mg - withdrawal bad with anxiety, tremors, insomnia; tried to make liquid Lyrica in water but made symptoms worse even at full dose of 75 mg

May to June 2014: back to 75mg capsules

July 2014 - January 2015: Tapering 5mg every 10 days till 40 mg using compounded capsules; then started reducing by 10% every 10 days using compounded capsules

Most recently: 2/21/15 23mg; 3/3 21mg; 3/13 19mg; 3/23 17mg; 4/2 15.5mg; 4/12 14mg; 4/22 13mg; 4/29 12mg; 5/6 11mg; 5/16 10mg; 5/26 9mg; 6/5 8.5mg; 6/15 8mg(will hold for 20 days as new WD symptoms appeared on day 4 of new dose - rapid heartbeat, high-pitched ringing in one ear), reduced by 0.25 mg every 6 days and finally done on 1/9/2016!!!!

Yep, me too, back in 2009 when I CTd Lexapro - agree, a scam.

2005-2009, Lexapro 10 - 20 mg, CT WD w/severe depression and anxiety:  2010-2015, Paxil, 30 - 40 mg, tapered off at 10 mg/week, moderate anxiety and depression:  2010-2015, Clonozapam 0.25 mg, as needed for anxiety and sleep:  1/10/2015, Zoloft 25 mg, tried to increase to 50 and 75, but nausea and dizziness:  2/13/2015, Paxil 5 mg, added back after 2 weeks at zero to reduce WD:  2/28/2015, Paxil 10 mg, increased from 5 mg to reduce WD, HOLDING:  3/04/2015, Zoloft discontinued (reduced to ~12.5 mg on 2/19, ~6.25 mg on 2/26, then zero):  4/26/2015, Paxil starting 10% taper (no scale so was inadvertently at 20% taper, yikes!):  4/30/2015, Paxil 10 mg, reinstated (WD disappeared between August 2015 and May 2016)

5/02/2016, Started 10% taper, reinstated to 10 mg on 5/11/16:  4/29/2017, Last dose of Paxil (working with holistic psychiatrist, lots of supplements to aid WD):  Primary symptoms: apathy, demotivation, anhedonia, fatigue, stress intolerance, moderate social anxiety

7/1/2018 Finally feeling like myself again, success!!! Praise God! Even with the stress of relocating recently, I am feeling pretty good most of the time now. Granted, I eat healthy, I exercise, I don't drink caffeine or alcohol and I try hard find a healthy balance of quiet and social times. Hang in there and keep the faith, you can do it too!

• 4 weeks later...

Me too. I read The Road Back 6 times AND purchased supplements. Total scam. That was before I found SA. The good news is it did get me started in the right direction - tapering. Yes, I was desperate too. There's a huge learning curve here for us and I for one found it very difficult to maneuver. Must be the foggy head I've been carrying around for 17 years. I forgot that I started with xanax 2 years before Remeron. Long time on meds. I hope I get my mental capacity back.

2001-2007 Rem 90 mg, xanax 2 mg synthroid 112mcg - 2007-2014 Rem 60 mg xanax 3-4 mg

2015   Feb Rem 45 mg xanax 2 mg, March Rem 30 xanax 2, April  Rem 22.5, May Rem 30  xanax .25x4 hrs, June Rem 26 xanax 2-3, July Rem 22.5 xanax 2, Aug Rem 15 xanax 2, Sept Rem 22 xanax 2, Oct Rem 18 mg xanax .25 mg /4 hrs, Nov Rem 23 mg xanax .5mg, Dec Rem 24 xanax 2 

2016  Jan Rem 20 xanax 2,  Feb Rem 18 mg xanax 1.5, Feb Rem 14 12 mg xanax 1 mg, March Rem 10 9 mg xanax 1-2 mg Rem 7.3 8 xanax 1-2, April Rem 10 12 mg xanax 2 mg, May Rem 11 xanax 1 .75mg Nov Rem 10mg Xanax 2mg 2017 May Rem 10.25 Xanax 1 mg, November Xanax 1mg

Yes--Total scam. I purchased the supplements and book (and later found where I could get the book for free). Reacted to the supplements halfway through the first day!! Not only that, but they said it was not recommended to reinstate if you had been off more than a week. It had been about a month for me. I probably would have had a chance of reinstating at that point. By the time I found SA, though, it was that much longer, and I felt like it would be too risky.

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

About current supplements from The Road Back:

A company called Neuro Genetic Solutions, based in Belleair Bluffs, Florida, manufactures all The Road Back's supplements. Its president is Jim Harper, owner of The Road Back.

Jim Harper, of The Road Back, vigorously recommends the purchase of supplements from a company he owns. Conflict of interest?

I have read much of The Road Back's sciencey-sounding literature about the recipes for its supplements. From what I can see, it is all hogwash designed to snare the gullible.

Curiously, one must look at the labels for the supplements on a site such as Amazon to find exactly what's in the capsules, because the Neuro Genetic Solutions site discusses them in only general terms. If a supplement maker will not divulge the ingredients in a supplement, do not purchase the supplement. They are being sneaky.

- Omega 3 Supreme TG is nothing but an ordinary -- but extremely overpriced -- omega-3 fish oil supplement. (Fish oil capsules of this type should cost about US$ 0.10 per capsule.)

- Neuro Mini Endure is an extremely overpriced supplement containing a "proprietary" blend of Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALC), Bacopa Monnieri, N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) and L-Glutamine -- mostly common amino acids that should be tried separately, and at much lower cost, because you could have a bad reaction to any one of them.

- Body Calm Supreme Nighttime Relief Melatonin Free is an extremely overpriced supplement containing a "proprietary" blend of GABA, L-Theanine, Montmorency Tart Cherry, and Passion Flower, all of which should be tried separately, and at much lower cost, because you could have a bad reaction to any one of them.

- Optimum Solace is an extremely overpriced supplement containing 15mg saffron (an herb) with 200mcg of Quatrefolic folate (this is the absorbable type for MTHFR mutations). Some people find folate activating -- causing nervousness, anxiety, insomnia. These are two substances that should be tried separately, and at much lower cost.

- JNK Capsules contain a bunch of things you might find in an ordinary multivitamin with minerals -- each of which should be tried separately, and at much lower cost, because you could have a bad reaction to any one of them.

Looking at the nonsensical detail in this stuff puts me in a bad mood. I don't want to ever have to research any The Road Back supplements again. If I were you or any consumer, I'd take this information as an indication that you are being scammed.

• Administrator

Be cautious about taking supplements, no matter how glowing the reviews.

People whose nervous systems have been sensitized by withdrawal and adverse reactions to psychoactive drugs can get odd reactions to supplements that a normal person would be able to take with no noticeable side effects.

We recommend that people with withdrawal hypersensitivity not take mixed supplements, because you won't know which of the ingredients you're reacting to.

Also, many of these supplements with "proprietary" mixtures of ingredients are extremely overpriced. You can be throwing hundreds of dollars away when you find you cannot take a mixed supplement -- while you could buy the ingredients separately at a fraction of the cost.

Specifically, we do not recommend Truehope, The Road Back, LabelMeSane supplements. See the site policy here No recommendations for commercial programs to assist withdrawal We have had many reports of people in withdrawal having bad reactions to these over-hyped products.

A "mixed supplement" means a supplement that has more than one ingredient in it. Rather, we suggest you try the ingredients one by one, purchasing inexpensive single-ingredient supplements and starting at fractional dosages, to see how they affect you.

Please use search in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum to find our discussions about the supplement in which you're interested.

To try a supplement, add one at a low dosage for several days. Keep notes of the dosage and your reaction. In that way, you can see what works and what doesn't work for you, and the appropriate dosage for that supplement. For many substances, including herbs, a little might be better than a lot.

We do NOT recommend:

- The Road Back and their supplements , such as

About current supplements from The Road Back:

A company called Neuro Genetic Solutions, based in Belleair Bluffs, Florida, manufactures all The Road Back's supplements. Its president is Jim Harper, owner of The Road Back.

Jim Harper, of The Road Back, vigorously recommends the purchase of supplements from a company he owns. Conflict of interest?

I have read much of The Road Back's sciencey-sounding literature about the recipes for its supplements. From what I can see, it is all hogwash designed to snare the gullible.

Curiously, one must look at the labels for the supplements on a site such as Amazon to find exactly what's in the capsules, because the Neuro Genetic Solutions site discusses them in only general terms. If a supplement maker will not divulge the ingredients in a supplement, do not purchase the supplement. They are being sneaky.

• Omega 3 Supreme TG is nothing but an ordinary -- but extremely overpriced -- omega-3 fish oil supplement. (Fish oil capsules of this type should cost about US$ 0.10 per capsule.)
  • Neuro Mini Endure is an extremely overpriced supplement containing a "proprietary" blend of Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALC), Bacopa Monnieri, N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) and L-Glutamine -- mostly common amino acids that should be tried separately, and at much lower cost, because you could have a bad reaction to any one of them.
  • Body Calm Supreme Nighttime Relief Melatonin Free is an extremely overpriced supplement containing a "proprietary" blend of GABA, L-Theanine, Montmorency Tart Cherry, and Passion Flower, all of which should be tried separately, and at much lower cost, because you could have a bad reaction to any one of them.
  • Optimum Solace is an extremely overpriced supplement containing 15mg saffron (an herb) with 200mcg of Quatrefolic folate (this is the absorbable type for MTHFR mutations). Some people find folate activating -- causing nervousness, anxiety, insomnia. These are two substances that should be tried separately, and at much lower cost.
  • JNK Capsules contain a bunch of things you might find in an ordinary multivitamin with minerals -- each of which should be tried separately, and at much lower cost, because you could have a bad reaction to any one of them.
Looking at the nonsensical detail in this stuff puts me in a bad mood. I don't want to ever have to research any The Road Back supplements again. If I were you or any consumer, I'd take this information as an indication that you are being scammed.

The Road Back supplements may be labeled as

• TRB Health
  • Neuro Genetic Solutions

Both companies owned by Jim Harper or James Harper.

- Truehope supplements, including

- Point of Return and Label Me Sane supplements

- Neuroscience neurotransmitter testing and supplements, including

- Marty Hinz supplements and neurotransmitter imbalance

- To try or not to try? supplements - NT Factor

- Neuro P.S. is nothing but phosphatidylserine, see Phosphatydilserine, aka phosphatidyl serine (Seriphos or Cortiphos...

- Eden P.M. Sleep Support -- its Web site http://www.eden-pm.com/Default.htm does not divulge its ingredients. This is an indication of dishonesty. Here are the ingredients: http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/pure_life-eden_pm.htm

Unique Proprietary Matrix - 3000mg
-Magnesium Glycinate (see Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker)
-Phenyl-GABA (see Kavinace, phenibut, or Phenyl GABA for sleep)
-Taurine (see Taurine (L-taurine amino acid) )
-Glycine (see L-glycine for sleep? )
-L-Theanine (see L-Theanine for anxiety, insomnia )

This is a supplement containing 3 amino acids, magnesium glycinate, and Phenyl-GABA, a drug related to to the benzodiazepines that much be tapered.

All of these ingredients should be tried separately. Phenyl-GABA should be avoided.

• Administrator

Thanks for this Alto..and for all the research and hard work you put in here. I found The Road Back before I found SA...but something seemed off to me and I chose not to order any supplements. I'm very grateful that I didn't..as it would have been money wasted and meant perhaps feeling worse. I hope people will find this post and not do something they would regret, in terms of supplements.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

i tried those neuro-genesis supplements, yeah, they never made any difference.  at least i didnt spend too much money on them

March 5, 6  2015 1 10mg Paxil each day - only 2 pills total - experienced huge tingle in my head on first pill

numbness in my hands and feet, skin less sensitive over all... not ticklish anymore

**anhedonia, blank emotions

PSSD, anorgasmia

heartbeat rhythm problems

"To err is human.  To really foul things up requires a psychiatrist."

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8554-akakoom-lost-in-no-mans-land/

"When you are going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill (the only way out is through)

I agree Altostrata! I used the road back supplements and they are useless and probably dangerous as well. The Road Back. and NeuroGenetic Solutions is not a good source for tapering. Been there.

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. Tapered off final cocktail 2013-2019. For Hashimotos and high blood pressure I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. Spironolactone. Hydrochlorothiazide. Losartan. B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for the information.  The reality of this is we need to become more educated about nutritional supplements, and learn about what are you planning to take, exactly how it works, contraindications etc.  Not all the supplements out there are bad, there are many that are made based on science.  I'm  all advocate of natural alternatives which could hep you without the nasty side effects of the pharmaceuticals.  The lesson here is to do your homework before you decide to take any type of medication or natural supplement. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kathy.......would you like to disclose whether you are on medications or not?  Stressors/traumas recent or past?  How long now on their program?

I did True Hope/Empower Plus and Neuroreplete(complete with a urine sample that showed to much serotonin).......back when I had a few more financial reserves.  Especially with the True Hope stuff......I spent a bundle on their frequently recommended add ons........some of which were helpful.  True Hope was recommended by my psychiatrist at the time based on a study of very few people with limited success(written by another M.D.).  My psychiatrist likes to jump on lot's of "bandwagons".........I think she is a little bipolar or perhaps it's her ADD.  :)  The Neuroreplete was peddled directly by another Dr. who I saw, not psychiatrist.

True Hope had a phone line occasionally available staffed by success story people.  This was pre- internet proliferation.  Helpful in giving referrals/getting further add ons from different places.

I basically gave it 3 mos.  Based on recommendation, again "not medical advice" or any of my own research and conclusions.   After that time......I chose to go back on a medication.  I think I had weaned one medication down at that point......based on their recommends/"not medical advice".    At most I have been on 2 medications at a time(psychiatric stuff).

I wasn't aware that withdrawal existed at the time for most of us, a little I was aware of but not this protracted picture,  but was coming around.......doing some reading and such.

It's nice that you are doing great.  We all have periods of that as well.  Very thankful for that.

Beware of "proprietary blends" though.  I think that is mentioned above.

Thanks for your input.

Thank you as well for respecting this "part of my story".

I really could not condense my words above much further.  And am interested in your story and health.  Care......in other words.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

I only have one post because I just joined this forum today.  I don't know what you are implying by calling me names.  I, like everyone else on this forum, have been a victim of the medical industry.  I have been on Zoloft for 10 +years.  I got myself from 100 to 50 but every time I tried to go lower, I got so sick that I had to go back to 50.  I am using the Road Back Method and some of their supplements to control my withdrawal symptoms.  I am having success.  I just made my first successful reduction from 50 to 47.5.  I have stabilized on this dose now.  Per their recommendation, I will wait a week and then make my next 5% decrease.  I have even emailed them about what I could do for Nausea and they did not recommend a supplement.  He recommended Ginger tea.  I think we should all be open-minded and value input from others.  Just because something doesn't work for someone, it doesn't mean it can't work for anyone.  I actually need to consider wether or not to remain a member of this forum.  I did not expect to be attacked on my first post.  I do not need to defend myself on top of everything else I am going through.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy