susie95926 Lamactil

susie95926

I have been tapering off lamictal and I feel great. I followed the ten % rule as much as I could but when I got down to 12mg it became difficult due to tbe fact couldn't get smaller pills than 25mg. So I went from 12 to 6 and had irritability and anger for the first week...but I got through it bit wd lasted for 20days which seems longer than previous tapers I have gone from 450 mg to 6 over 26 months.

• Moderator Emeritus

Susie, I've moved your posts into the Introductions and update forum.  You can use this thread to keep a log of your journey.  Please read here about creating a sig. line..

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Administrator

Welcome, susie.

Please be careful going off the last bit of lamotrigine. You don't want to undo all the work you've put into tapering so far.

Please read Tips for tapering off Lamictal (lamotrigine) and consider using a liquid for this part of your taper.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.