Ibogaine 10years of therapy in 36 hours

Darwin

Links:

The effects of ibogaine on dopamine and serotonin transport in rat brain synaptosomes.

Ibogaine, a noncompetitive inhibitor of serotonin transport, acts by stabilizing the cytoplasm-facing state of the transporter.

Summer 2013: started on Prozac for OCD

Fall 2013: started Lexapro due to Prozac zombie effects

Stopped Lexapro because of lack of empathy/emotion,anxiety,lack of concentration etc.

Fall 2014: switched to zoloft 

February 2015: started effexor quit C/D after 2 weeks.

April 2015: was on zoloft for a month again to try and wean a bit more slowly. DID not work.

May 2015: dumped all of my medications

July 2015: Struggling day to day with withdrawal symptoms but hopeful that I'll be better at the end of august for the next school year.

Darwin,

You seem to be really interested in the possibility of putting more psychoactive drugs into your mouth, else why the posting of such links as this and the one about THC? There is nothing that will cure withdrawal syndrome, not THC, not Ibogaine, nothing but time and refraining from putting any drugs into your mouth at all. And care such as we have described in the Symptoms and Self Care forum and in our own topics.

I am curious as to why you posted these links. You do realize the purpose of this board is to assist people from coming off psych drugs safely or to support them if they have come off too fast (due to any number of reasons) and are now in trouble.

What is it we can do to help YOU? You never responded to the replies left for you in your topic (which is here) nor have you posted anything else there.

Most of the members are just not interested in conversations about the psychoactive compounds you have posted about. We are more interested in helping you to live a better life and believe me, a "better life through chemistry" is a path that leads straight down the rabbit hole. Lots come out the other side drooling and peeing all over themselves after that kind of trip. Medically sanctioned "drugs" seem to be the worst offenders.

I don't think that is the kind of life you want for yourself but idk. To each his own.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Darwin,

You seem to be really interested in the possibility of putting more psychoactive drugs into your mouth, else why the posting of such links as this and the one about THC? There is nothing that will cure withdrawal syndrome, not THC, not Ibogaine, nothing but time and refraining from putting any drugs into your mouth at all. And care such as we have described in the Symptoms and Self Care forum and in our own topics.

I am curious as to why you posted these links. You do realize the purpose of this board is to assist people from coming off psych drugs safely or to support them if they have come off too fast (due to any number of reasons) and are now in trouble.

What is it we can do to help YOU? You never responded to the replies left for you in your topic (which is here) nor have you posted anything else there.

Most of the members are just not interested in conversations about the psychoactive compounds you have posted about. We are more interested in helping you to live a better life and believe me, a "better life through chemistry" is a path that leads straight down the rabbit hole. Lots come out the other side drooling and peeing all over themselves after that kind of trip. Medically sanctioned "drugs" seem to be the worst offenders.

I don't think that is the kind of life you want for yourself but idk. To each his own.

The long process of years of healing is not something I'm up to doing. I have too much potential for that and i'm not about to waste the rest of my teenage years laying in bed being beyond incapacitated; I'm never going to get anywhere unless i find something that will help me. and it seems you're not even knowledgeable on how positively powerful these PLANTS are at all. when somebody gains mental illness from say psychedelics it means they were already predisposed to that mental illness in the first place. The psychedelics merely triggered it sooner rather than later in one's lifetime. WAKE UP/DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Ibogaine is a minor SSRI that will help reset the receptors in the brain that have been damaged by pharmaceuticals.You want to know something else?!? Ibogaine increases your brain's neuroplasticity by 10x. You're a fool to think that there is nothing to rid of withdrawal symptoms. With that kind of close minded attitude  of,"nothing will FIX withdrawal besides time & rest" you're not going to ever help people out. Don't speak for others I'm simply putting this out there as info for people who are smarter than spending a year to five years not accomplishing a single damn thing. Also for those who are willing to dive deep and learn about the power of mother nature and  ancient healing. 

THESE ARE PLANTS AND PLANTS HEAL. apparently you're still completely blinded from the brainwashing you received from the media  thinking that because they're labeled schedule 1 substances that they are bad and have no medical value. These are the same people that made TOXIC antidepressants/pharma LEGAL. Think about it THESE PLANTS ARE ILLEGAL BECAUSE IF THEY WERE ANTI DEPRESSANTS AND PHARMACEUTICAL CORPORATIONS WOULDN'T EXIST and they wouldn't be taking millions of people's money only for them to suffer and die. Fake mental illnesses are profit that's why the media makes it so every sheep that can't think for themselves believe anything they say. 

Stopped Lexapro because of lack of empathy/emotion,anxiety,lack of concentration etc.

April 2015: was on zoloft for a month again to try and wean a bit more slowly. DID not work.

July 2015: Struggling day to day with withdrawal symptoms but hopeful that I'll be better at the end of august for the next school year.

Have at it, Darwin. Your argument for psychoactive substances is tired and worn. No place for it on this board.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

you're right I'm spending too much energy spreading this info out to people that are still asleep anyway. maybe somebody woke will find this useful.

• 2 weeks later...

I find Darwin's posts very interesting. I've always been interested in plants and fungi and chemistry. If I had to use a drug again, I'd rather use a plant-drug that people have taken for centuries one that's only 10-50 years old.

It's not quite true that the site advocates not putting anything in one's mouth. Tapering and reinstatement are exactly that, and both allow the drug to continue affecting the brain and body.

I got rid of my morning dread with a plant (coconut oil). Others here have also been thrilled with their results on coconut oil.

When the anhedonia lingered I chose to "reinstate" a drug that I thought would help, not the drug that caused it. I took wellbutrin because I was feeling no pleasure and wellbutrin...well, I just went to search for the right wording, and here's what other web searchers were looking for

post-3474-0-28801000-1441889556_thumb.png

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

• 1 month later...

My opinion is that ALL of the mind altering substances are bad for the brain. There are no exceptions. The only substances that crosses the blood brain barrier and are not bad are the ones that can be found in food, such as fish oil or magnesium, the rest are bad. 

About me ------------------------ College student with a history of anxiety, excessive worrying and health anxiety.

April 2014 - May 2015----------    Prozac 20mg On and Off.  Second time on it I developed apathy, changes in personality, asexuality.

May 2015  -   July 2015-----------------  Tappering off prozac. Still no feelings,anhedonia, apathy, no libido, asexuality.

Current symptoms--------  pssd (asexuality in my case). Anxiety and depression developed some months afer stopping prozac, could have been caused by obsessing and beating myself up too much when I found myself unable to like girls again. The best thing to do with pssd (which in my case is asexuality) is accept it and move on.

My opinion is that ALL of the mind altering substances are bad for the brain. There are no exceptions. The only substances that crosses the blood brain barrier and are not bad are the ones that can be found in food, such as fish oil or magnesium, the rest are bad. 

have you tried ANY medicinal hallucinogens? have you done any research at all on how beneficial medicine such as psilocybin,mdma,lsd,ayahuasca,peyote,cannabis etc can be helpful for your mind body and soul if used properly ? Forget what you've been told about these substances because they're all lies and you've been conditioned to believe that they are bad. most of those drugs have been used by humans for centuries.

For example the people of San jose del pacifico who use hallucinogenic mushrooms for healing;in their culture diseases such as anxiety disorders, depression don't exist 

they don't even have words for them. If you have netflix i suggest you go watch neurons to nirvana and dmt the spirit molecule it will change your perspective on what you think. Don't stay ignorant about these drugs my friend they may end up changing your life and perspective like it did mine. Also remember we are made of drugs, there are good and bad; you choose which drugs you decide to give to your body.

• Administrator

We don't encourage experimenting with any psychoactive substances, prescription, herbal, or supplement.

For most people experiencing withdrawal, such experimentation is likely to make them much worse, or at least unduly complicate their situation.

We have several members who fell into cycles of psychiatric treatment initially because of bad reactions to recreational drugs.

There are Web sites for discussion of psychoactive recreational drugs, hallucinogenics, adaptagenics, etc. Please take such discussions to those Web sites, not here.

Please consider this a pre-warning. Further posts extolling hallucinogenics for withdrawal will get real warnings. Upon the fourth warning, the site software will ban you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.