hardy86: Severe fatigue 24/7 Mirtazapine hell

hardy86

Hi

Currently suffer extreme CFS, Lyme, adrenal fatigue, bad gut issues, reaction bad to mold basically etc home a lot. Can hardly walk all I get crash easily. 
I’m currently on mirtizapine 1.7mg and Reboxetine 0.4mg. I did a cut on reboxetine on the 19/4/20 around 11%. 
Also taking Ativan since January 2mg. 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hardy86

• SquirrellyGirl

• leahy

• AliG

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there I would really appreciate some advice or help I feel alone with no support. I'm

A father of 2 and this is ruining my life. I first at anxiety over a year ago and I had my first anxiety attack after fainting after some vaccinations and ever since then I experienced severe anxiety. I was given anxiety medication which helped me. I then visit a psychiatrist that ruined my life by putting me on an antidepressant which I swear I never had depression until jumping on it. Now I have been coming of mirtazapine slowing which has no help. I feel like I have no life and I don't feel like living anymore. I have no support from the psychiatrist that put me on this horrible medicine. He said not to come back after one go but I have seen another psychiatrist who helped me go on reboxetine but that has not helped me. Below I will write what has been happening with me coming off mirtazapine it's been awhile and I'm not settling and feeling so so panicky and depressed. I have cried at night the pain is horrible I just want to feel normal again . Please help me my last chance is to come to the forums.

How I feel everyday 

Can't move around to much feel sick dizzy unstable balance. Like a walking zombie .

Anxiety panicky feeling 

Depression ( depression doubles if feeling hungry I eat then depression eases up a lot like I'm a diabetic)

Constant dizziness can't move around to much especially can't run for long periods 

I get heart palpitation when I'm doing intense exercise like gym, or little runs have to stop abit to get my breathing and fast heart rate around 30 sec to feel settle again. 

When I'm tired depression anxiety worst. 

Low energy a lot of times, lost my happiness in everyday life and get feeling at times of just wanting to live anymore. Can't enjoy nothing at all everything is a struggle.

But I have to take a positive out of this I have not been to the doctors for about 5months as I was withdrawing from mirtizpine and thought I was winning the battle. But last 6 weeks cannot settle my depression anxiety since trying to drop to 4.5mg went back to 5.5mg where I felt ok still no good result. I was even going to out for a few weeks without any problems.

I wanna be comfortable on what I do with my medicine as I have experienced hell many times in the past. I stop mirtizipine 30mg to 15mg in a week that's was hell, being severely sick three times mixing mirtizipine 15 mg with three different ssri meds. 

Currently suffer extreme CFS, Lyme, adrenal fatigue, bad gut issues, reaction bad to mold basically etc home a lot. Can hardly walk all I get crash easily. 
I’m currently on mirtizapine 1.7mg and Reboxetine 0.4mg. I did a cut on reboxetine on the 19/4/20 around 11%. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hardy

Welcome to the forum from another Aussie and another mirtazapine user. I'm sorry to hear you have been struggling.

It sounds to me like psychiatric drugs haven't worked so well for you. I recommend you avoid them. There are non drug ways of dealing with anxiety and depressive symptoms. This usually means a whole of life approach - good diet, exercise, fish oil, perhaps magnesium, some mindfulness practice, avoiding stressors, indulging in things that bring you Joy, sleep.

I encourage you to listen to your body. It's telling you that at the moment it needs more sleep, smaller meals more often, less strenuous exercise, distractions from anxiety and depression and ways to feel calmer. For the latter you might like to try some qigong exercises

I'd also like to hear more about how you are tapering. How do you measure your cuts, how often do you make them? Can you please complete a signature. Instructions on how to do that are here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

When you gave done that we can see if there is any tapering advice we can give you.

Take heart, you've found the right place

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Hi Dalsaan

I really appreciate your time to reply back to me. That is very kind if you. I have tried fish oil , magnesium but will follow more on your advice. Are you on mirtazapine as well, please tell me a little about yourself? Which state from Australia are you from?

If you don't mind im going to cut and paste my diary

Reducing does of mirtizipine 15 mg

31/1/15 to 18/2/15

11.25mg

18/3/15

Reduce to 7.5mg

25/5/15

Reduce to 6.5mg

Felt awful 6/5/15 depression eased up later at night and bad anxiety training gym 5/5/15 and depression. 

9/5/15 was bad anxiety very panicky mood very down down at gym but after gym felt better 

10/5/15 feel much better after around a week of feeling bad.

22/7/15

Reduce to 5.5mg 

13/8/15

Since 13/8/15 to 17/8 been feeling depressed panicky abit I feel it's anxiety little dizzy confused. Sux cause almost been a month to reduce dose again and normally don't feel bad this late in the month. 

25/8/15

Reduce to 4.5mg 

I'm feeling 6/10 at the moment 10 which is pretty ok

At nite.

4/4/15

2/4 to 4/4 depression mainly 7/10, anxiety abit. Felt ok on 5.5 abit but dropping to 4.5 hit me. Taking ethical fish oil again salmon oil didn't seem to work. 

14/9/15

Since dropping 5.5 to 4.5 u think to much of a big drop around 20% next drop will be 10%. 

Today is one of the worst depression for a while around 8/10 haven't had this bad for a while tried green tea seem to not work. I've been unsettled for a while now I pray I settled abit soon. I will update u diary when I get relief. But after gym today relief abit depression down to 5/10 

22/9/15

This whole month has been pretty much hell can't settle at all bad depression anxiety to I guess. **** don't know what to do. 

24/9/15- 25/9/15

Finally easing up abit. Start mutil vitamin seem really tired. Will stop after 3 days. 

26/9

Bad day went walking at nite very dizzy tried to run no good even after walking and little bit jogging. Felt so tired later towards night.

27/9/15

Bad day so so tired all day no energy dizzy weak can't do anything. Had 2 naps. Must be anxiety like a zombie. Have to rest. Nite little improved. 

29/9/15

The whole month I couldn't settle some good days but mainly hell depression. Because almost dropped 20 percent to much. I will attempt less drop next time. Back to 5.5 from 4.5 

11/10/15

Start Passion flower 

I can't settle the **** down since upping dose from 4.5 to 5.5mg. Bad every day it's hell. And last 1 week new symptom of me feeling mode none stop. Been taking Passion flower which seems to take edge of but severe anxiety won't slow down. This is killing me. I pray to god I settle soon. 

12/10/15

Went dr today seen herbal doctor peter nightcliff gave me some herbal meds. Hope this will help me. Didn't take yet today taurine seems to help severe panicky anxiety a lot.

18/10/15

Start increasing roboxetine to 12 mg 

Take 11am and take 430pm

21/10/15

I have had enough of feeling like **** panicky feeling very unsettled dizzy can't function cause the pain of depression with it all. First time since 1/15 taking Ativan js needed a break from this Horrible dreadful pain.

How I feel everyday

Since last reduction failed going to 5.5mg to 4.5mg haven't settled then tried back to 5.5mg I felt ok and worst everything gone badly real bad. Normally settle after a week of having anxiety depression where it's bearable. 

Can't move around to much feel sick dizzy unstable balance. Like a walking zombie .

Anxiety panicky feeling 

Depression ( depression doubles if feeling hungry I eat then depression eases up a lot like I'm a diabetic)

Constant dizziness can't move around to much especially can't run for long periods 

I get heart palpitation when I'm doing intense exercise like gym, or little runs have to stop abit to get my breathing and fast heart rate around 30 sec to feel settle again. 

When I'm tired depression anxiety worst. 

Low energy a lot of times, lost my happiness in everyday life and get feeling at times of just wanting to live anymore. Can't enjoy nothing at all everything is a struggle.

But I have to take a positive out of this I have not been to the doctors for about 5months as I was withdrawing from mirtizpine and thought I was winning the battle. But last 6 weeks cannot settle my depression anxiety since trying to drop to 4.5mg went back to 5.5mg where I felt ok still no good result. I was even going to night club for a few weeks thought my life was coming good. 

I wanna be comfortable on what I do with my medicine as I have experienced hell many times in the past. I stop mirtizipine 30mg to 15mg in a week that's was hell, being severely sick three times mixing mirtizipine 15 mg with three different ssri meds. 

I never new what depression was till I got on mirtizipine which I believe caused me to feel so bad.

Welcome Hardy86, someone will be along shortly to advise you regarding your situation. You are obviously suffering with some horrible withdrawal symptoms. I'm no expert but it seems that perhaps your taper has been too fast. It is important to feel stable before attempting further cuts. Someone with more experience can advise you better.

I wish you all the best. I will keep an eye on your thread and hope to see things improving for you shortly.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hardy86, 

I am in Victoria and have been on Mirtazapine for a long time as you can see by my signature.   Thanks for posting your diary, that helps to get a good sense of what is happening for you.   Can I ask you to put a succinct history of your taper into your signature, that way we can see it with every post you make and dont have to go back and find your diary post - it makes life a lot easier.

Its clear you have gone too fast in your taper and that now your body is quite sensitive to change.   We recommend dropping 10% of your previous dose every four weeks or so (depending if you have stabalised between cuts).  I think your cuts have caught up with you.   Given you have had anxiety/agitation symptoms since you updosed I wouldnt be inclined to updose any higher.  You will also need to be careful with the supplements and vitamins.  Many people here have found that there nervous system is too sensitised to take B vitamins (in particular) and other supplements.  If you are going to try anything take a low dose and see how your system handles it.

I have done well on taurine, particularly when I took it with magnesium.

If I was you, I would stay on my current dose and wait to stabalise, limit stressors and practice non drug ways of dealing with your symptoms.

It useful to keep in mind that symptoms come in waves and windows and that recovery isnt linear.  There is a thread on that here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Administrator

Welcome, Hardy.

Are you taking both mirtazapine and reboxetine?

Since you started taking reboxetine, has it helped at all? When did you start reboxetine?

To isolate where your symptoms are coming from, please do not change dosages of anything for the time being. Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern?

Please put ALL the drugs you take in the Drug Interactions Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html and copy and paste the results in this topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi altostrata

Been 8mg roboxetine since January this year went to 12mg from 18/10/15 due to not being able to settle since my last reduction of 5.5mg to 4.5mg mirtizpine it's been hell so went back to 5.5mg where I was settle and gone worst. I was ok at 5.5mg and taper down every month but I realise this latest drop was to much. Now I'm feeling so bad for almost 2 months can't settle. I was steady in my life for 5 months getting 1 bad week then settling now I don't know what to do.

Hi dalsaan

Your support means so much to me as I'm going through hell I only reduced my dose every month month till I felt good. But I know last reduction 5.5 to 4.5 was to much. I haven't settle nearly 2 months even back to 5.5mg where Iast felt ok. I don't know if I will ever settle. I'm scared and come along way and booked to see phychirist but I know they don't understand withdrawal and will just likely give me a new medicine which could cause more disaster. Any suggestion what I do from here? It's so painful that all I know I I believe it's the anxiety I need to control most I've tried Passion flower, got taurine seem to help abit taking 500mg but get bad heart palpitation when I'm at the gym, plus mirtizpine already causing this problem so double dose of it. I increased roboxetine from 8 to 12mg as of 18/10/15 to see if it can help me. The only relief I get to be honest is after the gym I feel better most times. I

Heard turmeric is as good as prozac.

Thanks

• Administrator

Since you started taking reboxetine, has it helped at all?

I know it's difficult, please answer all my questions as completely as you can.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi hardy86,

It is tough coming off Mirtazapine.

I am tappering from Mitrazapine too.

As you know WDS causes increased anxiety.

You could be making your anxiety worse by taking too many supplements.

The less supplements you take the better.

Don't loose hope, you will get over this hurdle, it will take time.

Have you tried Camomile tea?

Rooibos tea is also calming.

I like Nevada Organic Vanilla Rooibos tea.

You can get it from Coles or Woolworths.

Take care, Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes withdrawal catches up with us and we need to have a long hold period.    It will settle but you will need to be patient.  Also you might want to try a lower dose of taurine to see if you can get the benefits without the heart palpitations.

you need to put in place as many self soothing practices as you can at the moment.  Any additional stress on your nervous system is not good

Dalsaan

Hi altostrata

I'm taking mirtizipine and roboxetine together and started roboxetine January this year been on 8mg pretty much the whole time.

It has it worked abit I guess maybe 20%

I thought I up my dose of roboxetine as of 18/10/15 cause I swear I feel like dying that's the way I feel to tell u the truth so I didn't some relief and thought that way I increase give it a full shot before I guess maybe come of it soon if doc suggest and know I have it my best shoot.

My symptoms are pretty much the same for the last hell 2 months. I guess the worst part being paniky 25/7 anxiety and than I guess causing severe depression. So you think I should go back to 8mg roboxetine?

Thanks a lot

altostrata for your time and help means a lot as I in pain. Want my life back

Hi hopefull

Thanks agin

Why less supplement didn't know that, so I'm taking vitamin d, vita b, fish oil, magnesium, u think stop all and js fish oil?

Hopefull so good to talk to someone on same boat as I got no help. All I can say is the pain gets that severe I cry and feel like dying paniky feeling anxiety I feel 24/7 dizzy and more. Have u got this bad? And it's been hell 2 months. Hard to believe I was feeling 50/50 the last 5 months where i could just get on with life. I'm not sure myself is this withdrawl or I'm really got illness that will always be there or I suffer and wait and never settle. I have ativan for emergency but being so strong and only took 2 pills this whole year. Book to see dr phychrist soon but don't wanna stuff my life up more if I know I might settle again. Do you feel like a diabetic on mirt I did test before glucose come back low and think it's causing low blood sugar levels constantly. Like I hit low every 2-3 hours I eat and feel better. When I haven't eaten for a while my depression anxiety seems 2 as bad.

Cheers

Hi hopefull

I not sure if it's worth stoping roboxetine slowly and start mixing another antidepressant with mirtizipine to help with this all that's what the doc intention is I believe.

• Moderator Emeritus

Vitamin b can be activating for people which is not good if you have anxiety.

Hi dalsaan

I will stop b vitamin see how I go then.

Hardy86,

You will get help here. Please hang on. I want to validate your feelings on so many levels. I can relate many of your symptoms but two in particular stand out to me: 

1. I also felt dizzy for months. Feeling dizzy made me feel so sick. I tried many solutions but I remember that wrist bands used for seasickness when I was feeling dizzy which helped me a lot. Maybe that could be helpful to you?
  2. I understand feeling like a diabetic on mirtazapine. Mirtazapine has turned me into a starving animal.  I hit low every 2-3 hours, desperate to eat to feel better. Then I get very cold. When I haven't eaten for a while my depression and anxiety are unmanageable. My head is empty and I cannot think straight. I get so hungry I eat like a starved animal. It's embarrassing in the real world. People cannot understand that I NEED to eat and the level of discomfort I feel when I am hungry. We have to make sure there is food when hunger strikes.

Have hope and try not to despair. You are in the right place. 

2001-2007 Rem 90 mg, xanax 2 mg synthroid 112mcg - 2007-2014 Rem 60 mg xanax 3-4 mg

2015   Feb Rem 45 mg xanax 2 mg, March Rem 30 xanax 2, April  Rem 22.5, May Rem 30  xanax .25x4 hrs, June Rem 26 xanax 2-3, July Rem 22.5 xanax 2, Aug Rem 15 xanax 2, Sept Rem 22 xanax 2, Oct Rem 18 mg xanax .25 mg /4 hrs, Nov Rem 23 mg xanax .5mg, Dec Rem 24 xanax 2 

2016  Jan Rem 20 xanax 2,  Feb Rem 18 mg xanax 1.5, Feb Rem 14 12 mg xanax 1 mg, March Rem 10 9 mg xanax 1-2 mg Rem 7.3 8 xanax 1-2, April Rem 10 12 mg xanax 2 mg, May Rem 11 xanax 1 .75mg Nov Rem 10mg Xanax 2mg 2017 May Rem 10.25 Xanax 1 mg, November Xanax 1mg

Hi leahy

Dizziness that I'm getting I suspect this is cause from anxiety paniky feeling so I wonder if that wrist bands might work or not? But willing to give everything a try. Are u coming of mirtizpine still and did u get bad periods that lasted weeks of constant anxiety severe depression that caused that much pain u feel like dying? And did you settle again if you got this bad.

Thanks

Hi Hardy86

Increased anxiety during withdrawal is a very common symptom. You can read about it here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/10337-anyones-original-anxiety-disorder-much-worse-during-withdrawal/From what I have read the anxiety experienced during withdrawal is much more intense than the 'initial diagnosis'. I personally have found that to be very true in my own experience. 

There is no magic cure (unfortunately) for withdrawal symptoms but some things which I have found to help has been Magnesium and Fish Oil. Magnesium in particular seems to settle my anxiety down within a few minutes of taking it. Another important factor is sleep. A lot of people struggle with insomnia during withdrawal which makes getting an adequate amount of sleep difficult. But we do function a hell of a lot better when our bodies are well rested. A great article here on the importance of sleep in fighting depression http://www.racgp.org.au/download/Documents/AFP/2009/May/200905berk.pdf

You also mentioned that you feel the anxiety is eased after you eat. It is easy to let our personal care slide when we are not feeling well but knowing that you feel better after eating should be a good motivator to prepare good and healthy meals to help keep you sustained and give your body a better chance at fighting the withdrawal. I personally enjoy a good green smoothie every day and try to imagine all those nutrients working their power within me!

You say that you like the gym and exercise and that is a bonus. Endorphins are a powerful tool in coping with anxiety and depression. Here is a great article about the benefits of exercise with depression http://fbeu.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ExerciseandDepression.pdf

Sometimes being able to accept anxiety for what it is and 'letting it ride' is easier than fighting it. Having knowledge is power and knowing that what you are experiencing is not life threatening but the powerful force of anxiety helps to lessen its impact. I have had more trips to the ER due to anxiety than I care to admit but once I recognised what was happening that lessened and I learned better ways to cope with the anxiety. For me it is all about distraction. I do whatever I have to do to distract my brain! gardening, walking or just about anything that stops me from spending too much precious energy focussing on my thoughts. 

I highly recommend some self help books by the author Andrew Matthews. I have two of his books titled "Happiness in Hard Times" and "Happiness Now'. They are short and sweet, not too heavy but full of hidden gems. His wisdom is mind blowing and has really helped me look at things from a different perspective.http://andrewmatthews.com

Keep at it Hardy86, remembering that you are in control. It may not feel like that at this moment in time but your body is a  powerful and wonderful creation and although it is going through a difficult period it has the ability to overcome. I wish you all the best. 

Hi Hardy86,

I know what it feels like to feel debilitating anxiety.

I suffered from anxiety but

Zoloft made me super depressed. Like you, my main issue was anxiety and not depression.

The reason I said to minimize supplements, is to minimize adverse reaction.

When you are in WD, your nervous system becomes sensitive to supplements.

I am now super sensitive to supplements and I did not have this problem prior to AD'S.

It can make you feel worse, rather than better.

When you are taking too many things at the time,you don't know what you might be reacting to .

Don't be disheartened, you will heal and this will pass. It takes time and a lot of patience.

You have to be strong and push through the pain and the suffering.

It is not easy, but you can do it. Feeling dizzy /lightheaded is a common WD symptom.

I had it after Zoloft.

I have not experienced dizziness from tappering off Mirtazapine.

I have been tappering slowly since October of last year, currently I am stuck on 5mg.

But I have experienced other weird things, we are all different.

Please know that things do improve, but you do need to be patient.

What kind of pain are you currently experiencing?

I have also experienced crying spells post Zoloft, and somewhat during Mitrazapine tapper.

This a very common WD symptom too.

This will improve.

I really don't know much about roboxitin, and how it interacts with Mitrazapine.

I really don't know if it is a good idea to mix more AD'S with Mitrazapine.

It might make you feel worse or you might end up on far too many drugs.

Don't be too trusting of the pdoc's.

Do your research and be very careful about the choices you make in regards to Antidepressants.

I am only speaking from my own experience.

You are still young and you do have a whole life in front of you.

Drugs are not the solution. Have you thought about counselling? Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?

Mindfulness meditation is also a good tool to learn.

I find that it works, but sometimes the WD symptoms get in the way, and it is hard to focus or it might be too stimulating.

Walking helped me through the darkest times.

Mitrazapine makes you hungry.

But I have found that on the lower dose my appetite has subsided.

I used to feel hungry all the time on higer doses of Mitrazapine.

Hang in there, take care, things will get better.

Best wishes, Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• Moderator Emeritus

hi Hardy

Have you tried the video I posted?

Dalsaan

I'm coming off mirtazapine and I have constant anxiety and depression and in not myself. I haven't settled for over 7 weeks. I have been reducing really slowly every month when I feel good. Normally I get 1 bad week when I reduce then I settle. Since my last reduction from 5.5 to 4.5 I couldn't settle so went back to 5.5mg where u last felt ok.

It's all turn to hell last 7 weeks I won't settle anxiety depression crying and js feel like dying.

PLEASE HELP ME

Hi dalsaan

Not yet but I'm going to start the video you sent me today. Did you experience anxiety 24/7 bad for 2 months straight with dizziness I don't get a break from this like it's never going to end.

Thanks

Hi hopefull

Thanks again the symptom I'm experiencing is a panicky anxiety, dizzy, then

Bad depression comes with it severe at times 24/7 I don't get a break and feel it's never going to end it's hell. I will try cbt if I ever settle again I don't see this ending. Did you get this bad ever?

Thanks

Hi all

I got ativan on me for ages and used it hardly ever but feel I wanna use it 1or 2 a week .5mg to help give me relief. I'm not sure if you can get addicted here and there on constant use builds up in the system I'm told.

Cheers all

Hi all

I feel so sad and pain I have a 18month old baby and my wife 5 months pregnant and I can't enjoy no happiness, I can't help her, lost my life especially this last 2 months so dizzy now writing this. No job I'm that ill.

Thanks all for support again just not sure I will settle again.

• Moderator Emeritus

I have felt all those things and more at different stages.  You haven't lost your life and catastrophizing is very damaging for your recovery.  Commit to doing all the things you can do to create the conditions for healing.  Eat well, exercise moderately, watch the video, practice acceptance and patience.  Your feelings will come back.  Have a look at these two threads.  They are people convince their life was over, they had permanent damage and would live a life of hell - then things changed

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6664-%E2%98%BC-schizor-can-the-brain-recover-from-antipsychotics/page-6

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/10142-offeverything27-pssd-healings/page-2

Dalsaan

Hi dalsaan

Yr support means the world to me everyone supports makes me survive and wait it out and hope.

Hi altostrata

Thanks again for your support your kindness means a lot to me.

Hi altostrata

I'm taking mirtizipine and roboxetine together and started roboxetine January this year been on 8mg pretty much the whole time.

It has it worked abit I guess maybe 20%

I thought I up my dose of roboxetine as of 18/10/15 cause I swear I feel like dying that's the way I feel to tell u the truth so I didn't some relief and thought that way I increase give it a full shot before I guess maybe come of it soon if doc suggest and know I have it my best shoot.

My symptoms are pretty much the same for the last hell 2 months. I guess the worst part being paniky 25/7 anxiety and than I guess causing severe depression. So you think I should go back to 8mg roboxetine?

Thanks a lot for your help

altostrata your time and help means a lot as I in pain. Want my life back

Hi alto,

Js realise all grammar errors so tired when I did this last. My anxiety dizzy 24/7

Hi starburst

Thanks so much for your advice. I will order the books u recommend. Did you come of mirtizpine already or currently? Did u get that bad u feel like dying and cry spells which i believe is constant anxiety depression non stop that ever lasted weeks straight? As I'm experiencing right now 7 weeks straight of hell. Funny side I was only stable before this.

Cheers

"Hi leahy

Dizziness that I'm getting I suspect this is cause from anxiety paniky feeling so I wonder if that wrist bands might work or not? But willing to give everything a try. Are u coming of mirtizpine still and did u get bad periods that lasted weeks of constant anxiety severe depression that caused that much pain u feel like dying? And did you settle again if you got this bad. 

Thanks"

Hi H86,

I am coming off mirtazapine. Started last February and have felt sick most days. Very sick. The windows from wd have been far and few between. I have many symptoms - I'd say headache being the worst. When I feel better, like I did yesterday, I have difficulty really remembering how awful wd sickness is. That's hard to believe but it's true. 

Slept poorly last night and now I feel sick today. Sick to my stomach, headache and dizziness. This reminds me of how important wrist bands were for me in the first 6 months. I also bought dramamine but I am so scared of medications I'd rather use the bands. Sometimes one little tip can make a huge difference to a person which is why I mention it. May not help, people are different, but worth a shout out. I read SA and search the internet incessantly for tips. Any little tip will do. A ray of hope.

Feeling dizzy makes me feel out of control - like any moment I could pass out or throw up. It takes over my body. I sympathize. My WD symptoms - tingling in my feet and hands, nausea, headaches, fogginess, cognitive impairment, poor balance, sadness, despair, extreme hunger, insomnia, low self esteem related to huge weight gain, muscle strain, anxiety big time to name a few.

I try to find non medication ways for relief. I use sleep hypnosis sometimes and try to meditate, exercise when I can.

Right now I have a sprained achilles tendon so I can't even walk. I have no idea why. I have not done anything abrupt or strenuous. No ONE thing works ALL the time. I keep trying.

Many days I watch the clock hoping the day will end soon so I can go to bed. I might be able to sleep better and feel "normal' for a day.

Slow, simple and steady wins the race. I know that. That feels hard to accomplish sometimes because it just takes too damn long. There appears to be no light at the end of the tunnel.

But on days when I feel good I realize this is all worth it - even the long drawn out process because healing is happening every day. I think I should be going more slowly but my life is on hold till I'm out of this situation. I am guilty of pushing it. I do not recommend pushing things.

Because if we are not working on getting better, we're getting sicker. Don't give up!

Leahy

2001-2007 Rem 90 mg, xanax 2 mg synthroid 112mcg - 2007-2014 Rem 60 mg xanax 3-4 mg

2015   Feb Rem 45 mg xanax 2 mg, March Rem 30 xanax 2, April  Rem 22.5, May Rem 30  xanax .25x4 hrs, June Rem 26 xanax 2-3, July Rem 22.5 xanax 2, Aug Rem 15 xanax 2, Sept Rem 22 xanax 2, Oct Rem 18 mg xanax .25 mg /4 hrs, Nov Rem 23 mg xanax .5mg, Dec Rem 24 xanax 2 

2016  Jan Rem 20 xanax 2,  Feb Rem 18 mg xanax 1.5, Feb Rem 14 12 mg xanax 1 mg, March Rem 10 9 mg xanax 1-2 mg Rem 7.3 8 xanax 1-2, April Rem 10 12 mg xanax 2 mg, May Rem 11 xanax 1 .75mg Nov Rem 10mg Xanax 2mg 2017 May Rem 10.25 Xanax 1 mg, November Xanax 1mg

Hi Hardy

Sorry you feel so bad. I am afraid I don't know much about Mirtazepine other than my GP prescribed it when I last crashed from SSRI taper and I thought it was a terrible drug, i couldn't tolerate it as i couldn't stay awake.

For the time being just it tight with the dose that you are on as you have fluctuated with doses a little and even very small changes can have a dramatic effect. 

Some one will be along shortly to help. Try not to panic these feelings will not last and you will calm down.

This is a wonderful site and you will get the help you need.

PN xx

1995-1998 various SSRIs then withdrawal

2000 Sertraline

2003 Sertraline then changed to Prozac to attempt withdrawal.

2004 failed at withdrawal so Citalopram.

2010 attempted slow withdrawal over 12 months but failed- sever episode depression 2012

2012 3 days of Mirtazepine with bad reaction so started escitalopram 20mgs

2013 started very very slow taper with a number of slight reinstatements

Currently on between 0.5 and 1mg escitalopram drops at day.

Hi Hardy--  Mirtazepine is a very tricky one to taper, especially at the lower doses.  It has to be done very slowly and carefully. The reduction you did was more in the range of 15% which is way too big.  A 10% cut would have been to 4.9mg.  Going back to the 5.5mg should help, but once things turn bad it can take a long time to settle them out again.  The most important thing is to not panic about what is happening, yes it will feel horrible but it won't hurt you and it will pass in time, and panicking over it will only make things worse.  Roll with it as best as you can and go on with your life as best as you can and it will get better.  Once things have settled down you can start on a micro taper. 

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thanks brassmonky, and poketnurse

You people are so kind I wish and can say thank you in person. Little advice to me means the world.

Cheers