SurvivingAntidepressants.org is a site for peer support, documentation, and education regarding tapering and withdrawal syndrome from psychiatric drugs, including antidepressants.
Withdrawal syndrome may occur after you stop taking a psychiatric medication and can last weeks, months, or years. While some people may be able to quickly stop taking these medications without serious symptoms, severe withdrawal syndrome can happen to anyone.
Tapering off the medication is the only known way to reduce the risk of withdrawal syndrome.
Don't risk the integrity of your nervous system -- if not in an emergency,
do not suddenly stop taking any psychiatric medication.
Completion of your registration for SurvivingAntidepressants.org means
you understand and agree to the following:
This site does not provide medical advice. For medical advice, see a trusted medical caregiver.
Information presented here is intended for discussion with your doctor.
This site is a project of Allostatic Overload LLC, a Web publisher based in California, US.
Rules and guidelines
- Because of the sensitive nature of the discussions, members are encouraged protect their identities with pseudonyms.
- Each member must decide how much personal information to reveal in public postings. Generally, posts and accounts are not deleted.
- You will respect the privacy of each member.
- The first 2 posts of new members will be approved by moderators before being published. This is to make sure the initial posts of new members get responses from moderators.
- A posting expresses the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this site. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any posting, and are not responsible for the contents of any posting.
- You agree that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law, on this site.
- Members may report objectionable posts to the staff for removal. We will remove objectionable posts at our discretion.
- If you continue with objectionable behavior after warning by staff, your membership will be revoked. See What will get you warned or banned.
- Copyrighted material may be quoted in part or excerpted under the Fair Use exception of 17 USC Section 107. Posting of copyrighted material is the sole responsibility of the poster and not this site. Should a complaint be made by the owner about the unauthorized posting of copyrighted material, the site administrators will remove it.
- Copyright is held by the author of each post. Outside of Fair Use, request permission to re-post or re-publish the words of any member.
This site is not affiliated with any religious, medical, or pharmaceutical organization or company. It does not receive any funding or support from outside sources other than contributions from members. Staffing is entirely volunteer.