This is a site for peer support, documentation, and education regarding withdrawal and withdrawal syndrome caused by psychiatric drugs, specifically antidepressants.
Withdrawal syndrome may occur after you stop taking a psychiatric medication and can last weeks, months, or years. While some people may be able to quickly stop taking these medications without serious symptoms, severe withdrawal syndrome can happen to anyone.
Tapering off the medication is the only known way to reduce the risk of withdrawal syndrome.
Don't risk the integrity of your nervous system -- if not in an emergency,
do not suddenly stop taking any psychiatric medication.
Completion of your registration for SurvivingAntidepressants.org means
you understand and agree to the following:
This site does not provide medical advice. For medical advice, see a trusted medical caregiver.
Information presented here is intended for discussion with your doctor.
Rules and guidelines for Surviving Antidepressants
- Because of the sensitive nature of the discussions, members are encouraged protect their identities with pseudonyms. Each member must decide how much personal information to reveal in public postings.
- You will respect the privacy of each member.
- The first 2 posts of new members will be approved by moderators before being published. This is to make sure the initial posts of new members get responses from moderators.
- A posting expresses the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this site. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any posting, and are not responsible for the contents of any posting.
- You may not re-post the words of any member on other sites without that person's express permission.
- A member who finds a posting objectionable is encouraged to contact the administrator through the site private messaging system.
- We will remove objectionable posts at our discretion. If you continue with objectionable behavior after warning by an administrator, your membership will be revoked. See What will get you warned or banned.
- You agree that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law, on this site.
- Copyrighted material may be quoted in part or excerpted under the Fair Use exception of 17 USC Section 107. Posting of copyrighted material is the sole responsibility of the poster and not this site. Should a complaint be made by the owner about the unauthorized posting of copyrighted material, the site administrators will remove it.
- Posting of advertising or commercial solicitations is barred.
This site is not affiliated with any religious, medical, or pharmaceutical organization or company. It does not receive any funding or support from outside sources other than contributions from members. Staffing is entirely volunteer.