GiaK

GiaK Radical, Transformative Healing of Body/Mind/Spirit

GiaK

just wanted to share this..

I just got news that I've been accepted into a yoga teacher training. I'm excited. it's the first ongoing commitment outside of my home that I have made in 10 years. I was explicit about my limitations and they remained enthusiastic about my participation.

Alice1

That's excellent news Monica. Hey Maybe you could do a Yoga for Dummies on You Tube for me .. I'm a 45 year old man who just can't seem to get with it Yogawise .. Last time I tried I threw out my back 😕 

GiaK

I did a lot of posts on yoga...for the challenged nervous system...people don't understand yoga for the most part. think it's about being a pretzel and really strong ...this is a bastardization...a reductionistic and painfully incomplete view. It can be those things but it isn't necessarily those things at all and many yogis might not ever participate in what Americans think is yoga. Anyway, that said, Hatha yoga can be anything from sticking a leg in the air and rotating the ankle (that's now I started when I was bedridden and that was just as much yoga as someone doing a headstand. Anyway...

here is a link...yoga should meet you exactly where you are or it's not yoga. https://beyondmeds.com/?s=yoga

and thank you! 😊

Cocopuffz17
23 hours ago, GiaK said:

I just got news that I've been accepted into a yoga teacher training. I'm excited. it's the first ongoing commitment outside of my home that I have made in 10 years. I was explicit about my limitations and they remained enthusiastic about my participation.

Wooohooo! This is awesome! You will do great! 🙂

JackieDecides
On 10/5/2019 at 3:27 PM, GiaK said:

excellent news, I am glad for you. 

GiaK

I did a post talking about the yoga studio I'm studying with...

I"m really excited and grateful for such an awesome community....

yoga teacher training. a long time coming – Everything Matters: Beyond Meds https://beyondmeds.com/2019/09/18/yoga-teacher-training/

thanks so much for the excitement...I know that only my people in these forums etc can know what this means. Tnank you for being here.

Alice1
1 hour ago, GiaK said:

Tnank you for being here.

Thank You for everything you've done for us Monica ..

GiaK

Thank you too. We're  all doing this with one another-- we're all winging it and learning together.