Lesweer1: Eek! Terrified. Viibryd Withdraw

Lesweet

Long story short, I've been on various AD's over the past 10 years for GAD.

The most recent was Viibryd. It was "ok" for about a year then pooping out. Psych did gene test to see what meds I can metabolize or not. SSRI's aren't one. He also found MTHFR gene mutation and treats that with Deplin. Well, the Deplin can me too much serotonin and messed me up. That was the end of May 2016. By June 15, I had to cold turkey 10mg Viibryd bc of the serotonin issue.

It's now 6-7 weeks later and I'm still struggling:

Can't sit still Sometimes

Anxiety that goes straight to panic

Depression

Insomnia

Bad dreams

Nightmares

Waking up shaking/trembling

Feeling like im going crazy

Derealization/depersonalization

I'm scared bc I keep googling when will discontinuation end and I'm finding Boris stories of extended withdraw. I'm trying to do this without going back on meds. I'm being treated now for anxiety with gabapentin And Xanax. I know the ramifications of Xanax..

I feel so scared of being ruined.

Imnsittinfhere shaking as a type bc anxiety so high.

Everyone keeps telling me this will pass bit in time.

Are there ANY success stories of healing and getting on with life after withdraw? I'm only reading scary protracted withdraw symptoms.

Thank you!

• Moderator Emeritus

Moved from Symptoms Forum.

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.