Jayjohnny: 2 yrs 8 months off psych drugs ~80% healed!

Jayjohnny

Hey Johnny,

Many thanks for understanding me. We both experienced these nightmares. And I am still suffering, yesterday I was having a Ok day, which made me pretty happy. But today, stomach agitated, everything's back again. The feet feeling is awful, I hate this...

Hope I will be better soon...

Regards

Rain

Yes just hang in there and you will get better. It's the rollercoaster hell ride we've all been through or are going through. I had an awful day anxiety ridden but experienced minor brain and body zaps. But I actually welcome the zaps since it is a sure sign these evil toxins are slowly but surely leaving me for good. Just when you think you're turning a corner it seems like it almost gets worse.

2005: Began switching from one ssri to the next. Very little tapering time was instructed by my psychiatrist. Tried just about every drug on the market. Some two or three times. Nothing reallly helped my moderate depression and anxiety. They only made things worse most of the time!!

2014: Began experiencing severe symptoms while still taking Zoloft, oddly enough. Was forced to quit drugs altogether.

2017: A new year begins having experienced substantial improvement. Still not sure if my symptoms were severe protracted withdrawal or a severe reaction to a med, or possibly a combination of each.

I totally agree with you Johnny and feel for you. 

I am to my worst day today, akathisia again and thoughts are dark, stomach was agitated due to some cold or spicy food. I feel I will die from this WD... 

Really hope I will get better soon. 

And best wishes to you too. 

2006 October Zoloft 50mg for anxiety.

2013 March Lexapro 10mg for 18 months to 2015 September.

2015 September increased to 20mg for 7 weeks but getting worse. 3rd November dropped back to 10mg

2016 11th November taper to 9mg

2017 3rd March Taper to 8.8mg, then Fast taper start: 10th-8.6mg, 12th-8.2mg, 17th-8.0mg, 22rd-7.7mg, 27th-7.4mg.

April 2nd- 6.9mg (WD start), 19th-6.5mg. Failed one day Cymbalta trial, took back Lexapro, much worse Akathisia torture. Keep holding. 

May 22nd- 6.3mg, June 10th- 5.7mg, Nov- 4.4mg, Dec- 4.3mg,

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

I totally agree with you Johnny and feel for you.

I am to my worst day today, akathisia again and thoughts are dark, stomach was agitated due to some cold or spicy food. I feel I will die from this WD...

Really hope I will get better soon.

And best wishes to you too.

I Sure know those symptoms all too well and sympathize with you completely. The worst part is the waiting game in all of this. It really is. The glimpses of hope that most or all of the symptoms will be gone soon only to return full force. I truly hate that with a passion. I can handle a full year of these symptoms or just barely two-but now that this is still going on (although it's gotten better) after almost three years is just absolutely brutal. Worse still, if I had felt just a small amount of my symptoms during this time I would have stopped those drugs years before I had. But of course it was too late.

2005: Began switching from one ssri to the next. Very little tapering time was instructed by my psychiatrist. Tried just about every drug on the market. Some two or three times. Nothing reallly helped my moderate depression and anxiety. They only made things worse most of the time!!

2014: Began experiencing severe symptoms while still taking Zoloft, oddly enough. Was forced to quit drugs altogether.

2017: A new year begins having experienced substantial improvement. Still not sure if my symptoms were severe protracted withdrawal or a severe reaction to a med, or possibly a combination of each.

Nobody should have to go through This, it's absolutely criminal. What other drug or substance can take 2-5yrs to heal from? Probably nothing. I wish these physicians tool their own poison. I'll do anything I can to never see another one of them again in my life. I'll go to Naturopath. I actually see them as Nazi's, maybe harsh but I truly believe it's that bad and as we know it is.

The good thing Johnny is it seems the worst is behind u! OOnly up from here!

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

You couldn't have said it better Mort! It's just a brutal thing to go through. From what I've read by most of the so called natural experts, with severe protracted you can look forward to at least 3 years of hell. Can't argue with them there in the least! The really smart ones know this is how long it takes for nerve and brain cells to regenerate or begin to heal along with all of the trauma in the nervous system. But with that said you're absolutely 100% correct when you ask: What other drugs out there can take so long to heal from? None that I know of that's for sure. As if depression and anxiety weren't enough as it is they make toxic poisons like these things that can essentially paralyze a person for years!! I truly can't say what I'd do if I met the person responsible for creating these things. Well I could but I would get into trouble if I said exactly what I'd do to that person!!

And you can bet they'd never take the poisons they hand out like candy on a daily basis. Sure wish they would though. Even to kids as young as 5 they prescribe these toxins! And I don't think your Nazi reference is over the top or exaggerated, either. I think that's honestly what it's coming to Mort. Just as the Nazis wanted to inflict so much pain on Jews, clearly most psychiatrists strive to do the same to their patients.

One more thing Mort-woke up today feeling good and having some mild brain zaps. Not as much as I'd like but Let me tell you once you begin to feel them it's the biggest relief in the world; knowing that these nasty poisons are just beginning to leave you forever! I cant wait till you feel the same I want to hear all about your journey into full recovery! It's gonna happen for you also. Just hang in there.

Ya its so disturbing! It's like the Pharma companies are Hitler and the doctors are the Nazi soldiers! I wonder whose killed more people Pharma/Doctors or Hitler and Nazi.. Might be a toss up! Ya they even give it to young children wow! If this did this to me a grown adult what Chance does a 5 yr old child stand even on a small dose.. Holy cow.

Can't wait for those brain zaps! I promise to tell! I'm hanging in tough pushing through and so glad you are sharing with me!

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

Ya its so disturbing! It's like the Pharma companies are Hitler and the doctors are the Nazi soldiers! I wonder whose killed more people Pharma/Doctors or Hitler and Nazi.. Might be a toss up! Ya they even give it to young children wow! If this did this to me a grown adult what Chance does a 5 yr old child stand even on a small dose.. Holy cow.

Can't wait for those brain zaps! I promise to tell! I'm hanging in tough pushing through and so glad you are sharing with me!

Yes they will be quite a relief you'll see and hopefully soon! I know what you mean it just floored and shocked me to find out on this board that docs give these things to such young kids! I had no idea prior to reading that. Is there any level they won't stoop to? I mean to harm just about anyone but themselves and even children? I'm a grown, muscular strong man and even this has been nearly intolerable for me for almost 3 years. Doesn't matter how big or strong or tough anyone thinks they are this can be pure hell! Sure there's a lot worse that can happen but aside from terrorists, serial killers, and pedophiles, I wouldn't wish this on ANY somewhat decent human being out here! I can tell you that much!

Ya i know what u mean! I was a personal trainer in my early 20's into bodybuilding, played competitive hockey at a high level from 13-18. And into men's leagues into my 30s plus still lifted weights, ran, yoga etc.... And this 30mg of lexapro which is above Max dose. No reason I should have been on that much, but anyway it's floored me! Months of being able to only walk to the mail box and this last wave I spent 3 months in bed from the dizzy and headache. Its tremendous what it can do!

No level they won't stoop to! It's a sick mess! Your right there are worse things but not many! This makes it extra tough because your all alone, people think your making it up. It's a double whammy. I've thought about this, Id much rather have done hard time in prison than go through this.

But the good thing with this condition is it keeps getting better unlike other things.

Ya i know what u mean! I was a personal trainer in my early 20's into bodybuilding, played competitive hockey at a high level from 13-18. And into men's leagues into my 30s plus still lifted weights, ran, yoga etc.... And this 30mg of lexapro which is above Max dose. No reason I should have been on that much, but anyway it's floored me! Months of being able to only walk to the mail box and this last wave I spent 3 months in bed from the dizzy and headache. Its tremendous what it can do!

No level they won't stoop to! It's a sick mess! Your right there are worse things but not many! This makes it extra tough because your all alone, people think your making it up. It's a double whammy. I've thought about this, Id much rather have done hard time in prison than go through this.

But the good thing with this condition is it keeps getting better unlike other things.

Yep you're right a lot of people when you try and explain this to them just simply won't believe you or think you're lying! The worst part is of course the complete denial from most doctors! One told me there's no way these drugs could still be in my system. Really? Has he taken them and experienced this before? Nope. I must admit though, had I read many of these stories before my protracted withdrawal began, I would have mostly brushed it off as people who were exaggerating or didn't know how to handle withdrawal. But again it's all irrelevant until a person goes through it! Suddenly you know exactly what they were talking about. I think I mentioned this before, but at college I went through withdrawal from celexa but it only lasted around 7 months-God what I would've given to have that short of a wd period this time around!

I'm just so thankful that the worst is clearly behind me and that I'm still a fairly young man. It sounds like you're not too far behind me Mort!m judging by what you've told me. Your healing could begin any day or week now.

Mort you mentioned you were on 30mg of Lexapro and that you felt this was too much for you? I can totally relate as my doctor always wanted to push my doses to the max asap. The wise thing to do, and I mean for anyone, is to start at the lowest dose and maintain that dose if its working in the least. But the frauds (most psychiatrists) just want people on the maximum drugged up zombie like dosage! I was on celexa and let me tell you I would've been just fine on 10-20 mg but oh no my psychiatrist pushed me up to 60-80 in the blink of an eye!! It's just ridiculous.

Wow 60-80mg of celexa is also way too much! **** they love to increase or add meds maybe it's the massive kickback they get!

Oh so this WD isn't your first rodeo!? Wow 7 months would have been amazing! I guess the more times u WD the harder it gets! Glad your on the right road now! I can't wait to join you! Sometimes I feel the desire to want to be at point so bad holds me back a bit. But I'll keep pushing!

I don't doubt one bit that you're right about the kickbacks. The big drug companies have most of these fraud doctors in their back pockets undoubtedly. And yeah looking back I'm just astonished how reckless and careless most of these people are. If I ever have children there's no way I'd allow them to be placed on these toxic drug poisons considering what I've been through. The scary part is that had I never taken them I'd of had NO clue what type of misery and pain they can and so often cause.

But let me tell you Mort I've had a span of a few days here where I've just felt incredibly good with very little symptoms to endure. Its almost the best feeling in the world!! I know now that I'm close to being fully healed. I remember now how it was just like back in the day after I took celexa for a few years. Only that took all of 7 months to heal????

One thing that hovers over me each day in my recovery is that through my ordeal I've learned how precious time is and my goal now is not to waste it as much as humanly possible! Also how so much of society is rigged and just how many people are brainwashed and clueless as to how the system works. I'm a non conformist. I plan on traveling to another country either this summer or next year- Experiencing new places and feeling truly alive again is what it's all about now for me!

And lastly to all the rest on this board as I plan not to post anymore until thy day comes that I'm fully healed: It has been written I shall go into paradise in the coming heat of the summer. That I shall travel to find true love there. I know who waits for me there thousands of miles away in a tropical paradise. I shall indeed go there. It has been written that through the pain, misery, chaos, and darkness will come a new existence. And I shall embrace it. Am I insane? Maybe. Psychopathic? Perhaps. Crazy? Maybe. Do I even care anymore? No. I know my destiny. It has been foretold. It will bring about a new world-a new race of beings. -Michael Nostradamus 1617

Johnny I wish u luck in your quest enjoy every moment buddy I know you will find what you want :) the world is yours

Thanks for coming back and paying it forward I appreciate it so much :)

• Administrator

JayJohnny, please do stop in from time to time and let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Johnny I wish u luck in your quest enjoy every moment buddy I know you will find what you want :) the world is yours

Thanks very much Mort! I'd place my healing around 90% as of today and I'm thankful for every little improvement I make! You'll be there too one day. I wish you the best of luck also!

JayJohnny, please do stop in from time to time and let us know how you're doing.

I will thanks.

• 5 years later...
  • Administrator

Somewhat of an exaggeration to call psychiatrists Nazis, but we get what you mean.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Jayjohnny: 2 yrs 8 months off psych drugs ~80% healed!