Jump to content

Having worms ... can you believe this?


chicken
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well....took my dog to the vet. He has tapeworms. The vet suggested all my household members get checked. Guess what...we all have tapeworms too. He showed me their presence under the microscope. Oh my, how many years have I had these and not known?

 

Anyway, what is really surprising is the vet told me that most people have worms and they cause a whole host of other problems...including psychiatric problems. Parasites are largely,  if not always misdiagnosed. My vet gives free parasite testing to humans but he told me that if I tried to get it treated by medical doctors most of them will not help with parasites. I would have to doctor shop until I found a doctor willing to treat for worms.  He signed a paper for me to take to my medical doctor. Luckily I found a doctor that would help but he said a lot of his patient pet owners have had problems finding a doctor to treat them.

 

The vet told me that local medical doctors called him and told him to STOP telling people they had parasites. Local medical doctors tried to report him to the state to shut him down. The state told him he was well within his rights to test people for parasites as long as he didn't write prescriptions for humans.

 

He said the 70% of animal owners that he tested over the past thirty years have parasites. Some of the conditions that have cleared up after removal of parasites are Dementia, Myasthenia Gravis, Lupus, Spinal Disc Degeneration, Bone Spurs, Blood Loss Anemia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, COPD, Crohn's, Hypothyroidism, restless leg etc.

 

Now, why do medical doctors want to shut him up? My only guess is that there is more money in drugging people for many of these other so-called diseases rather than getting rid of the root cause. How SAD as I feel the vet cares more than a medical doctor does for my health. All pets and farm animals have to be wormed on a regular schedule to keep parasites under control so why is it different for humans? I now think people should be tested for parasites as part of a regular checkup.

 

I have been drug free for 6 months and will be taking my first prescription this week to rid myself of the worms. The vet warned me that I could have some "nervous" symptoms as the worms die off but the severity would depend on the parasite load in my body.  He informed me that I would have definitely HAVE some physical gastro symptoms from the die off.

 

The vet also informed me that some cases of schizophrenia have been linked to parasites. Of course, Drs don't want to look for parasites. they would just rather prescribe a SSRI for your symptoms instead. 

Please get checked people.

For those of you who are tapering and find out you have parasites.... I don't recommend "de-worming" until you are well as "triggering" may occur.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

 

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

 

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

 

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
10 minutes ago, chicken said:

Well....took my dog to the vet. He has tapeworms. The vet suggested all my household members get checked. Guess what...we all have tapeworms too. He showed me their presence under the microscope. Oh my, how many years have I had these and not known?

 

Anyway, what is really surprising is the vet told me that most people have worms and they cause a whole host of other problems...including psychiatric problems. Parasites are largely,  if not always misdiagnosed. My vet gives free parasite testing to humans but he told me that if I tried to get it treated by medical doctors most of them will not help with parasites. I would have to doctor shop until I found a doctor willing to treat for worms.  He signed a paper for me to take to my medical doctor. Luckily I found a doctor that would help but he said a lot of his patient pet owners have had problems finding a doctor to treat them.

 

The vet told me that local medical doctors called him and told him to STOP telling people they had parasites. Local medical doctors tried to report him to the state to shut him down. The state told him he was well within his rights to test people for parasites as long as he didn't write prescriptions for humans.

 

He said the 70% of animal owners that he tested over the past thirty years have parasites. Some of the conditions that have cleared up after removal of parasites are Dementia, Myasthenia Gravis, Lupus, Spinal Disc Degeneration, Bone Spurs, Blood Loss Anemia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, COPD, Crohn's, Hypothyroidism, restless leg etc.

 

Now, why do medical doctors want to shut him up? My only guess is that there is more money in drugging people for many of these other so-called diseases rather than getting rid of the root cause. How SAD as I feel the vet cares more than a medical doctor does for my health. All pets and farm animals have to be wormed on a regular schedule to keep parasites under control so why is it different for humans? I now think people should be tested for parasites as part of a regular checkup.

 

I have been drug free for 6 months and will be taking my first prescription this week to rid myself of the worms. The vet warned me that I could have some "nervous" symptoms as the worms die off but the severity would depend on the parasite load in my body.  He informed me that I would have definitely HAVE some physical gastro symptoms from the die off.

 

The vet also informed me that some cases of schizophrenia have been linked to parasites. Of course, Drs don't want to look for parasites. they would just rather prescribe a SSRI for your symptoms instead. 

Please get checked people.

For those of you who are tapering and find out you have parasites.... I don't recommend "de-worming" until you are well as "triggering" may occur.

Why did you take your dog to the vet in the 1st place? What antibiotics did your dr give you? I'm just curious, so I can ask my vet.

 

Good luck!

 

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

 Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

 Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, 

 Xanax 1mg three times a day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) three times a day to .003 grams three times a day.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

 

 

I am not a medical professional. The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Frogie said:

Why did you take your dog to the vet in the 1st place? What antibiotics did your dr give you? I'm just curious, so I can ask my vet.

 

Good luck!

 

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie, We took him to the vet because he was swollen in his abdomen and having a lot of pain but the worms were not the primary cause. Some of his teeth had decayed and the infection was draining into his stomach. He was checked for parasites as part of the normal treatment. He stayed at the vet for 4 days and had several teeth pulled. He was sent home with worm medicine.

 

I don't think antibiotics are used for parasites as another drug "antiparasitics" are used.  The vet says that the same ones are used in humans but under a different name. He wrote down the human antiparasitics for tapeworms, Biltricide and Albenza. I was given Biltricide. I was only prescribed ONE pill. I may have to take one more pill a month later for any parasite eggs that hatch. The vet said that he will check me a few months from now to see if all parasites are gone.

 

With Albenza you have to take several pills for several days and I didn't want to take a lot of pills. With Biltracide it is only one pill. Now if you have roundworms, flukes or pinworms another med may be used as these two are definitely more for tapeworms.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

 

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

 

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

 

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
4 minutes ago, chicken said:

Frogie, We took him to the vet because he was swollen in his abdomen and having a lot of pain but the worms were not the primary cause. Some of his teeth had decayed and the infection was draining into his stomach. He was checked for parasites as part of the normal treatment. He stayed at the vet for 4 days and had several teeth pulled. He was sent home with worm medicine.

 

I don't think antibiotics are used for parasites as another drug "antiparasitics" are used.  The vet says that the same ones are used in humans but under a different name. He wrote down the human antiparasitics for tapeworms, Biltricide and Albenza. I was given Biltricide. I was only prescribed ONE pill. I may have to take one more pill a month later for any parasite eggs that hatch. The vet said that he will check me a few months from now to see if all parasites are gone.

 

With Albenza you have to take several pills for several days and I didn't want to take a lot of pills. With Biltracide it is only one pill. Now if you have roundworms, flukes or pinworms another med may be used as these two are definitely more for tapeworms.

Thank you Chicken:

 

The reason I ask, is our little girl has been sick. We took her to the vet and it's her liver. The vet did blood work and an ultrasound, but doesn't think it's cancer. She's on 1 compounded liquid, an antibiotic and a liver pill.

 

We take her back to the vet the 1st weekend in October. I'm sure the vet will do more blood work and possibly another ultrasound.

 

I'm sure she was checked for worms if she's had all of this blood work done.

 

I want to ask the vet, so making sure I have the right information is very useful.

 

I hope your little one feels better soon, as well as your family.

 

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

 Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

 Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, 

 Xanax 1mg three times a day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) three times a day to .003 grams three times a day.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

 

 

I am not a medical professional. The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Thank you Chicken:

 

The reason I ask, is our little girl has been sick. We took her to the vet and it's her liver. The vet did blood work and an ultrasound, but doesn't think it's cancer. She's on 1 compounded liquid, an antibiotic and a liver pill.

 

We take her back to the vet the 1st weekend in October. I'm sure the vet will do more blood work and possibly another ultrasound.

 

I'm sure she was checked for worms if she's had all of this blood work done.

 

I want to ask the vet, so making sure I have the right information is very useful.

 

I hope your little one feels better soon, as well as your family.

 

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

I hope your pet gets better. They are part of the family and almost seem human at times. If you are not satisfied you could always get a second vet opinion. The vet I use is an old country vet. His patients are a lot of farm animals..... horses, and cows as well as dogs and cats. Parasites are more of an issue on the farm so I suppose that is why he has an eye out for them.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

 

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

 

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

 

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
4 minutes ago, chicken said:

Frogie,

I hope your pet gets better. They are part of the family and almost seem human at times. If you are not satisfied you could always get a second vet opinion. The vet I use is an old country vet. His patients are a lot of farm animals..... horses, and cows as well as dogs and cats. Parasites are more of an issue on the farm so I suppose that is why he has an eye out for them.

We live in farm country, in a small town but her vet is in the city. We moved here 4 years ago. I've never heard of anyone's dog getting worms in our town.

 

I'm sure she will test her if I ask, or she might have already done it. I've never seen any signs of worms in my little girl. My vet actually checked her "rear end" very well (if you know what I mean) when we were there a couple of weeks ago.

 

They become humans to me. She is my everything. I hope what we are doing gives her a few more years of good life.

 

Thanks again,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

 Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

 Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, 

 Xanax 1mg three times a day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) three times a day to .003 grams three times a day.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

 

 

I am not a medical professional. The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ChessieCat changed the title to Having worms ... can you believe this?

I got also worms from my children who got them in the nursery. It is terrible. I tried already second anti worm med, and they are still not away. They come me totally not concerned about that I try already to get rid of them for one month. They told me today in the hospital, we have to do one more tests. But I worry so much if they dont find there which parasits these are, so maybe I can have them for years and this itching is something terrible (sometimes unbearable). I am so angry at my children that they take everything in their mouth and then I have to plague myself with worms.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:48 PM, chicken said:

Well....took my dog to the vet. He has tapeworms. The vet suggested all my household members get checked. Guess what...we all have tapeworms too. He showed me their presence under the microscope. Oh my, how many years have I had these and not known?

 

Anyway, what is really surprising is the vet told me that most people have worms and they cause a whole host of other problems...including psychiatric problems. Parasites are largely,  if not always misdiagnosed. My vet gives free parasite testing to humans but he told me that if I tried to get it treated by medical doctors most of them will not help with parasites. I would have to doctor shop until I found a doctor willing to treat for worms.  He signed a paper for me to take to my medical doctor. Luckily I found a doctor that would help but he said a lot of his patient pet owners have had problems finding a doctor to treat them.

 

The vet told me that local medical doctors called him and told him to STOP telling people they had parasites. Local medical doctors tried to report him to the state to shut him down. The state told him he was well within his rights to test people for parasites as long as he didn't write prescriptions for humans.

 

He said the 70% of animal owners that he tested over the past thirty years have parasites. Some of the conditions that have cleared up after removal of parasites are Dementia, Myasthenia Gravis, Lupus, Spinal Disc Degeneration, Bone Spurs, Blood Loss Anemia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, COPD, Crohn's, Hypothyroidism, restless leg etc.

 

Now, why do medical doctors want to shut him up? My only guess is that there is more money in drugging people for many of these other so-called diseases rather than getting rid of the root cause. How SAD as I feel the vet cares more than a medical doctor does for my health. All pets and farm animals have to be wormed on a regular schedule to keep parasites under control so why is it different for humans? I now think people should be tested for parasites as part of a regular checkup.

 

I have been drug free for 6 months and will be taking my first prescription this week to rid myself of the worms. The vet warned me that I could have some "nervous" symptoms as the worms die off but the severity would depend on the parasite load in my body.  He informed me that I would have definitely HAVE some physical gastro symptoms from the die off.

 

The vet also informed me that some cases of schizophrenia have been linked to parasites. Of course, Drs don't want to look for parasites. they would just rather prescribe a SSRI for your symptoms instead. 

Please get checked people.

For those of you who are tapering and find out you have parasites.... I don't recommend "de-worming" until you are well as "triggering" may occur.

Hi Chicken,

 

it's funny you bring up worms.  I had developed awful fecal breath from having a few beers in wd and had read online that parasite infections can cause poop breath, so I bought an anti parasitical called Wormwood complex (contains Wormwood, Black Walnut Oil, and Clove extract) from Amazon.   I took it for a few days late last year and ended up having a ton of bowel movements in just a couple of hours.   in one of them were many worms (think 2 inch long strands of clear pasta) and in a later bowel movement I found lots of rice shaped larva.  This is probably TMI, but I had another bowel movement with like a weeks worth of dehydrated apple chunks from my morning oatmeal in it.  pretty weird.   it was super gross, but after the first day of taking the wormwood (it's a type of fern with anti parasitical qualities) I noticed a huge reduction in my fatigue and also food allergies.  I had begun to snot up and sneeze profusely after big meals during wd, but this stopped completely for 3 days while taking the pills.  My bowel movements were formed which is hadn't happened in years, but 3 days into  taking the wormwood, i developed kidney pains which is a common side effect and had to stop.  my fatigue issues and food sensitivities largely came back after I stopped the treatment.  I have been going through Gastroeneterology and also Infectious Diseases at my regular clinic and have been mostly treated like I am crazy when I bring up the parasite issue, but then I have not gotten any real answers from anyone either.  one GI doctor told me that I must have slept with my mouth open the night I drank the beer and that's why I developed fecal breath even though I stopped drinking beer and still had constipation and an awful fecal odor to my breath.  it's been extremely frustrating and time consuming (especially having to bike and bus to these dr appts usually in states of extreme exhaustion due to poor wd sleep) to deal with doctors, who outside of getting a colonscopy haven't recommended anything or given me any answers.  I asked for anti biotics from two GP's and was refused by both. 

 

Poetjester

 

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

 

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi PJ,

 

If you can't get a simple faecal test down through a doctor then see a vet.  And no I am not joking.  That's how chicken's worms were diagnosed.  If you get tested and they find something they could then write to the doctor providing the results.

 

At least if you did this you would get an answer as to whether this is your problem.

 MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:    13 November 2021 -  0mg Pristiq      

Woohoo!!!  Finally off Pristiq   

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

My full tapering program     My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)    My website

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.  I do not provide tapering advice via PM.  Please post questions in your Introduction topic.  Please do not tag me for any reason.  I am an unpaid volunteer and assist members if I am able to and when I have the time.  Thank you for your understanding.

Mid Nov 2021 changed to low carb diet due to diabetes & cholesterol.  Lost 1/16 body weight, BP has reduced a lot. 

Links to my exercises and weights.  I also do 3 x 5.5 min with HIIT on exercise bike with 20 secs/min as fast as I can cycle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, last week I took the prescription medicine for parasites...Biltracide. So far no reactions or side effects. Just posting in case this info is helpful for someone in the future.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

 

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

 

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

 

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, chicken said:

Ok, last week I took the prescription medicine for parasites...Biltracide. So far no reactions or side effects. Just posting in case this info is helpful for someone in the future.

Glad to hear that.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

 Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

 Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, 

 Xanax 1mg three times a day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) three times a day to .003 grams three times a day.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

 

 

I am not a medical professional. The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me it helped taking two medicaments at the same time mebendazol and combantrin but it is possible that it would be necessary to repeat the therapy to catch also the eggs (which need 14 days to turn to adult parasits), because these medicaments kill only real parasits not the eggs

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, ChessieCat said:

Hi PJ,

 

If you can't get a simple faecal test down through a doctor then see a vet.  And no I am not joking.  That's how chicken's worms were diagnosed.  If you get tested and they find something they could then write to the doctor providing the results.

 

At least if you did this you would get an answer as to whether this is your problem.

Hi Chessie,

 

I actually called a local vet today and it turns out it's illegal in the US for vets to treat humans, so I am out of luck again.  I had read of other stories online of vets being more receptive to the idea of intestinal parasites in people besides Chicken's, so I had hope.  looks like I will have to move to another country to get treated.   feel like hell and smell like I am gargling my own turd at this point. 

 

Poetjester

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

 

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator Emeritus

I didn't mean for you to get treated by a vet, only to get tested.

 

Obviously the easier option would be to be assertive and go to a doctor and request that you be tested for internal parasites.  It's not a complicated test and would at least provide you with a yes or no as to whether that may be causing your problem/s.

 MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:    13 November 2021 -  0mg Pristiq      

Woohoo!!!  Finally off Pristiq   

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

My full tapering program     My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)    My website

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.  I do not provide tapering advice via PM.  Please post questions in your Introduction topic.  Please do not tag me for any reason.  I am an unpaid volunteer and assist members if I am able to and when I have the time.  Thank you for your understanding.

Mid Nov 2021 changed to low carb diet due to diabetes & cholesterol.  Lost 1/16 body weight, BP has reduced a lot. 

Links to my exercises and weights.  I also do 3 x 5.5 min with HIIT on exercise bike with 20 secs/min as fast as I can cycle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy