littleball: I want to go back to what I used to be

littleball

I read on wikipedia about vulvodynia. This is a lot about pain in your privates right? It is very likely to be another withdrawal symptom. In withdrawal we get pains everywhere in the body so it can also emerge in our private parts. It will probably fade when your other symptoms fade. So it is very likely to be temporarily. Did you talk to your doctor about a solution for sex? Maybe you can use lidocaine cream for sex? If that doesn't work just focus on all the other things you can do to make love. Don't let this pain lose all the intemacy! When you can't do something because of withdrawal explain it to your boyfriend so he understands. And then suggest something else you CAN do. Jus a stupid example of my situation: I can't go for a long walk with my boyfriend so I explained that I cannot walk a lot because of the nerverpain. Then I said but I CAN sit with you in the garden. My boyfriend lives far away but there is always skype, phone and whatsapp!

If your job does not suit you then change it. It is not worth it that a job makes withdrawal even worse.

Your boyfriend might get bald, but many men are. Nothing to worry about. If he doesn't like his appearance there are many beautiful hairtoppers that look very real. I'm losing hair too at the moment. It is a pity. But it is just hair. It is one of the last things to worry about now. Maybe in future I'll need a wig, maybe the hairloss stops. It is just what it is. I can handle that. Don't be too afraid about that. It must be neuro anxiety. 

2019 2.1 mg amitriptyline ,15th july 2.1 mg, 22-7 2.09 mg, 29-7 2.08 mg, 5-8 2.09 mg , 7-8 2.1 mg . 2020 Holding at 2.1 mg

2019 125 mg lyrica, 15th july 124,5 mg, 22-7 124 mg, 29-7 123,5 mg, 4-8 124 mg 2020 holding at 124 mg

2015 january building up my medication to 450 mg lyrica and 50 mg amitriptyline for face ache after a rootcanal treatment at the dentist. 2016 february start tapering lyrica from 450 mg to 200 mg 2016 october tapered 25 mg amitriptyline to 25 mg 2017 tapered lyrica from 200 mg to 100 mg 2017 september tapered my last tablet of 25 mg amitriptyline to zero  (horrible muscle pain started) 2018 february tapered lyrica from 100 mg to 75 mg (my muscle pain got worse and I have a lot of nervepain in my arms and legs, sometimes all over musclepain and nerve pain and burning pain) 2018 may reinstated 25 mg lyrica. My current dose is 100 mg lyrica. My pain is still very bad but a little less intense, my mood improved. 2018 since 22th may updose amitriptyline.  9 beads. 2018 june updosing lyrica. 2018 16 th june 125 mg lyrica and 9 beads amitriptyline ( 2mg) Now I'm doing a long hold. I can't taper anymore. Too much pain. I hope to stabilize and improve while holding. I'm trying graded activity to get rid of my pain. 2019 1 jan. Lyrica 125 mg (holding) 2019 1 jan. Amitriptyline tapering from 9 beads to 8 beads (1 jan. 2019),  8,5 beads (5 jan 19), 9 beads (16 jan 19) tapper attempt failed

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this! This withdrawal is such a frustratingly horrible long process and normal anxieties on top of it just make it that much worse. I think I've talked to you before and I'm dealing with similar issues. I feel like the most shallow person because ever since quitting Lexapro cold turkey I notice all of my boyfriends flaws. It's strange because I know that he's incredibly handsome and a lot of other people do, but I definitely hear you on noticing little things that bother you and I always end up feeling guilty for thinking the way I do. I don't know if it helps, but I've been talking to some couples who have been happily married for a long time and they told me that if all I'm doing is chasing that fairy tale feeling, then I'm never gonna be satisfied. I don't know if that's completely accurate or not but it has helped me a little when these thoughts start. 

End of August 2015 was put on 10mg Lexapro for anxiety.

Quit cold turkey in June 2016.

Reinstated 5 mg of Lexapro November 2016. I took 5 mg for 3 months and I tapered 10% every month with a few holds in between. I made the drop to 0 September 2018 and I've been completely off meds for a month. 

• 4 months later...

Hello folks, I changed my job and I am happy with this choice. My sentimental life is a complete disaster though. All the symptoms are still there at the same intensity, neuropathy is tearing me apart, but I am trying to focus on my new job, which is keeping me busy and away from dangerous thoughts and Google searches. Best wishes to all 😊

November 2014 - September 2015: Zoloft 50 mg, Trilafon 4mg, clonazepam 1mg
October 2015 - September 2016: Effexor 75 mg
September 2016 - January 2017: Effexor 150 mg
Stopped Effexor in March 2017 after tapering under medical supervision
The doctor I've now found is an expert in withdrawal from ADs
Persistent withdrawal syndrome since July 2017: Prozac 10 mg, clonazepam 0.5 mg, to cope with it.
December 2017 -  withdrawing from Prozac, 10 mg every 2 days
Drug free since January (?) 2018

Symptoms: pins and needles, burning skin sensations, PSSD, OCD, mood swings (a lot), malaise (a lot), muscle spasms, voice in my conscience. 

Doing not so bad, but I want to be the person I was. 
  • 2 years later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello @littleball  How are you doing?

Zoloft: 1995 - 2015

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

Enalapril: 2010 - 2019

Lipitor: 2017 -2017

Metformin: 2000 - 2020

Liothyronine: 2007 - 2019

Levothyroxine: 2000 - 2022

• 1 year later...

Hi, I wanted to send an update after 3 years and a half. 
Well, long short story: one disheartening breakup, 2 cross-country movings, 2 new jobs.
Now I work in Belgium for a multinational company in IT and I live with my boyfriend who I met last year. 

Many improvements thanks to therapy and my new BF: I started taking singing classes, I started working out seriously, I cut off social media almost completely (they used to cause huge distress). 

I am afraid to say that the symptoms (mood swings, neuropathy etc.) are still there but that’s because I still have OCD and I started therapy only 3 years ago. Previously I overlooked my OCD, I thought it was just the Effexor and that I wasn’t really suffering from OCD. Turns out my OCD is quite severe! I can’t expect to feel good while my OCD is still so bad. 

I am writing now because I feel quite bad after a stressful vacation and I am a bit discouraged. This time I am just sitting down and waiting for the wave to pass. Also now I am able to keep trace of my symptoms and I can say this crash is related to my hormonal cycle. 

Takeaway: focus on your happiness and on treating your underlying condition, learn how to handle stress, do therapy, meditate, journal. You will heal and feel renewed as I’ll do when I recover from OCD. It’s a long journey though. You need to put some effort, just like someone who wants to recover from a leg injury. 
I know you don’t feel the energy to fight. That’s why you need a therapist. They will guide you to that point. 

November 2014 - September 2015: Zoloft 50 mg, Trilafon 4mg, clonazepam 1mg
October 2015 - September 2016: Effexor 75 mg
September 2016 - January 2017: Effexor 150 mg
Stopped Effexor in March 2017 after tapering under medical supervision
The doctor I've now found is an expert in withdrawal from ADs
Persistent withdrawal syndrome since July 2017: Prozac 10 mg, clonazepam 0.5 mg, to cope with it.
December 2017 -  withdrawing from Prozac, 10 mg every 2 days
Drug free since January (?) 2018

Symptoms: pins and needles, burning skin sensations, PSSD, OCD, mood swings (a lot), malaise (a lot), muscle spasms, voice in my conscience. 

Doing not so bad, but I want to be the person I was.