Sign in to follow this  
Oran

Emotional lability or waves and windows?

Oran

Hi everyone, 

I have looked everywhere to find  information on some very wierd symtoms I have experience for months now.. I haven't been able to find anything so I turn to you good people on SA again.

I already have a very tough time to express emotions -  one of my main symtoms -  but I also experience something I think is called emotional incontinence: I wake with a really bad brain fog (it's worse in the morning) and feel really depressed so I cry a little. 1-2 hours later my brain is running 1000 mph and I feel super speed up, like I'm on cocaine or manic. When I'm in this state (which can last for hours to a whole day) my brain is feeding me with emotions and feelings that are completely out of context. I experience something I would like to call "false positive emotions" as if my brain is trying to make me believe everything is fine.. I get revved up and want to do things but I cannot capitalize on it because of my extreme brain fog and really bad visual symtoms.. This can go on for days and then BOOM! reality comes back and I feel like my normal self, although with severe withdrawal symtoms. This is scaring me a lot because I don't recognize myself, my thoughts or my actions when this happens. I try to control it but I can't, its like I'm manic and my brain tricks me to belive o am healthy and ok although I'm not. I can't even go outside for 5 minutes, I've been homebound due to wd for 6 months and my brain fog is so bad I'm fearing that I have alzheimers or something. I've never been in a worse shape in my entire life but still when I go manic it's like I loose control of reality. 

Please tell me you have heard this before, or that it's a common wd symtom :( I am so scared that I'm gonna loose it and be stuck in that manic bubble forever.. 

Meeto

I have something similar, but it's short instances where I feel like I'm getting better and actually get slightly motivated to do something, but once I'm there my symptoms remind me I can barely function.

Kiaza

Sounds very familiar to what I'm experiencing and have for the past 3 years. I think it is excess glutamate that makes your head race. It is not you or any other psychiatric illness, it's imbalanced brain chemistry. Try to walk outside daily. It helps to cool the head down.

Altostrata

It's either waves or windows or the symptom called emotional lability.

Either way, sometimes you feel better, and that's a good thing.

Pepita

yes, I can definitely relate to what you are describing!!! When I am in a window (and luckily I've had some pretty long/good ones) I'd say I feel stable. But I know exactly what you mean by "false positivity". Sometimes I get days where all fears/emotions come served and change every minute. Bad feelings but I get this "good feeling highs" as well where I feel so damn super happy and one with the universe that I know it's over the top and can't be "real". And very often after such high comes a wave crashing down on me. 

I am on a holiday in Thailand right now (after I felt pretty good for about 6-8 months I thought it was time to be brave). Well... since I am here my brain is in a constant nerve racking weird state of swiching from super low to high to paranoid thoughts to omg the list goes on. EVERYTHING;( I guess I am happy in reality but my brain can't find the swich haha. 

ChessieCat
On 1/28/2018 at 3:32 PM, Altostrata said:

the symptom called emotional lability.

From wiki:

In medicine and psychology, emotional lability is a sign or symptom typified by exaggerated changes in mood or affect in quick succession. Sometimes the emotions expressed outwardly are very different from how the person feels on the inside.