Jack: Tapering question

Jack

So im weaning off luvox from 100, currently on 40mg. I'm boarding a plane in 2 days for a vacation and always have panic attacks when flying, so im wondering if i can go back to 100mg just for that day to lessen the anxiety and continue my 40mg the following day. Neurochemically speaking will that undo my entire 2 months of tapering and have to start all over again or will i be able to resume the 40mg taper the subsequent days?? Ive read that it takes about 5-6 days to reach peak concentration levels so hopefully i won't have to start down fro, 100mg again?

Edited by Altostrata
added screen name to title
  • Administrator

Welcome, Jack.

If I were you, I would not increase the Luvox dosage. Your nervous system will do better if you keep the dosage steady and do not make changes in the way you take it. You may also want to be careful of any time differentials while traveling and make sure to take Luvox on your body's schedule.

Please consider taking a crash course in meditation to manage your panic while flying. See

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Jack: Tapering question
    • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else have sexual issues (low libido, ED) when coming off? The irony is i never experienced sexual dysfunction while on them, only now that im coming off luvox. 25mg

Dear Jack,

sexual dysfunction that appears when you begin to reduce the dosage of fluvoxamine could be PSSD.

For support and discuss treatment of PSSD you can join PSSD forum.

I'm sorry this is happening to you.

Drugs:                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Amitriptyline 10 mg (11/02/2016 - 12/08/2016) Amitriptyline 20 mg (12/09/2016 - 12/28/2016)

Trazodone 25 mg (12/29/2016 - 02/27/2017)

Mirtazapine 15 mg (02/14/2017 - 02/27/2017) Olanzapine 2,5 mg (02/14/2017 - 02/27/2017)

Mirtazapine 30 mg (02/28/2017 - 04/09/2017) Olanzapine 10 mg (02/28/2017 - 03/20/2017)  Brotizolam 0,25 mg (03/31/2017 - 04/13/2017)
    Sertraline 25 mg (04/23/2017 - 05/03/2017) Sertraline 50 mg (05/03/2017 - 06/31/2017) Diazepam 4 mg (04/23/2017 - 06/31/2017)

Supplements:

Fish oil, Magnesium and Vitamin E

Symptoms:

Continuous muscle twitching (tardive dyskinesia?), decreased libido and difficulty in sexual arousal (PSSD?), apathy, anhedonia and cognitive deficit

1 hour ago, Risilox said:

Dear Jack,

sexual dysfunction that appears when you begin to reduce the dosage of fluvoxamine could be PSSD.

Could this to be due to accidentally taking 100mg and resetting my 2 months of tapering? (accidentally took 50 mg twice one day and didn't want to vomit it out) or is that unrelated? Feeling pretty suicidal at the moment.

Jack can you do a drug sig.

How fast are you tapering.

i got it and after 7years drug free it is as bad today as it has ever been.

i believe rightly or wrongly it could be a function of taper speed .

please taper slow just in case.

i also believe for some as Healy says this can be permanent damage.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

4 hours ago, Risilox said:

Dear Jack,

2 hours ago, nz11 said:

Jack can you do a drug sig.

How fast are you tapering.

i got it and after 7years drug free it is as bad today as it has ever been.

i believe rightly or wrongly it could be a function of taper speed .

please taper slow just in case.

Reducing by 25mg every two to three weeks. Although i realize this is probably way too quick but frankly want to get over this ssri business by January. 

Jack can you do a drug sig

how long have you been talking Luvox 

r u taking any other drugs from doctor

You are on 25mg so does that mean you are planning to cold turkey?

That is not rec on this site.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Hello Jack,

maybe it's too early to talk about PSSD.

Do you notice other PSSD symptoms? PSSD have also nonsexual symptoms such as apathy and anhedonia.

11 hours ago, nz11 said:

PSSD is often very persistence but there are success stories.

13 hours ago, Jack said:

Feeling pretty suicidal at the moment.

Some people say that with treatment and a loving partner they can still have a satisfactory sexual life.

Drugs:                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Amitriptyline 10 mg (11/02/2016 - 12/08/2016) Amitriptyline 20 mg (12/09/2016 - 12/28/2016)

Trazodone 25 mg (12/29/2016 - 02/27/2017)

Mirtazapine 15 mg (02/14/2017 - 02/27/2017) Olanzapine 2,5 mg (02/14/2017 - 02/27/2017)

Mirtazapine 30 mg (02/28/2017 - 04/09/2017) Olanzapine 10 mg (02/28/2017 - 03/20/2017)  Brotizolam 0,25 mg (03/31/2017 - 04/13/2017)
    Sertraline 25 mg (04/23/2017 - 05/03/2017) Sertraline 50 mg (05/03/2017 - 06/31/2017) Diazepam 4 mg (04/23/2017 - 06/31/2017)

Supplements:

Fish oil, Magnesium and Vitamin E

Symptoms:

Continuous muscle twitching (tardive dyskinesia?), decreased libido and difficulty in sexual arousal (PSSD?), apathy, anhedonia and cognitive deficit

Just read two of the stories and to be honest I wasn't impressed one person running self managed ri trials to find improvements and another with no drug specifics or timeframes claims he saw yogi and presto all is better. 

Look let me know when one of them wins the Healy pssd PRIZE. 

Recovering paxil addict

Jack if it does turn out to be PSSD that you have, please fill out a Rxisk report about it. You can find the instructions to do a Rxisk report by going onto the Rxisk website. I hope that your sexual problems resolve soon.

Last took an SSRI January 2009.

Last took a benzodiazepine May 2015.

Free from all prescription medication since May 2015.

Everything has mostly healed apart from PSSD which is still very bad, and is my most distressing symptom. Also i have developed some allergy problems/ sensitivities to things in the environment which i believe was possibly caused by the prescription medications (SSRI's and benzos).

On 12/22/2017 at 8:35 PM, nz11 said:

Jack can you do a drug sig

how long have you been talking Luvox 

r u taking any other drugs from doctor

You are on 25mg so does that mean you are planning to cold turkey?

That is not rec on this site.

No I tapered down from 100mg over the course of 73 days currently on 25mg. 

Currently weaning off Luvox reducing by 25mg every two to three weeks, about a week ago i was on my third week of 50mg about to go down to 25 when I accidentally took 100mg(my usual dose). I had waken up took the 50mg and went back to sleep when I woke up again i took another 50mg since I didn't remember taking it before till i had completely swallowed it and didn't want to induce vomiting. About 3-4 days later I started getting more intense withdrawal symptoms such as, bouts of dizziness, sexual dysfunction(this one scares me the most because pssd can be permanent?), and deep depression. Did taking 100mg on just that occasion reset my entire 2 months it took to get my down to 50mg?! Supposedly it takes around 3-5 days to reach peak blood concentrations after a dose change, so maybe my symptoms are unrelated and inevitable? Currently on 25mg Please help.

Jack what do you think about the idea of doing a drug sig with dates etc?

Recovering paxil addict

• Administrator

H, Jack.

I merged all your topics into your Intro topic. It's important to keep your history in one place. Please bookmark or follow this topic so you can find it again and see responses to your posts. For example, I responded to your topic 2 weeks ago.

On 12/9/2017 at 3:42 PM, Altostrata said:

Welcome, Jack.

If I were you, I would not increase the Luvox dosage. Your nervous system will do better if you keep the dosage steady and do not make changes in the way you take it. You may also want to be careful of any time differentials while traveling and make sure to take Luvox on your body's schedule.

Please consider taking a crash course in meditation to manage your panic while flying. See

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

What has been your tapering schedule?

Sexual dysfunction is a very common side effect from psychiatric drugs. It can happen as a withdrawal symptom, too. Going on and off drugs, skipping doses, and taking irregular dosages can also cause it. These drugs are hormonal disruptors, and withdrawal cause upsets in the nervous system.

When did the sexual dysfunction start, and at what dosage of Luvox?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

4 hours ago, Altostrata said:

H, Jack.

I merged all your topics into your Intro topic. It's important to keep your history in one place. Please bookmark or follow this topic so you can find it again and see responses to your posts. For example, I responded to your topic 2 weeks ago.

What has been your tapering schedule?

Sexual dysfunction is a very common side effect from psychiatric drugs. It can happen as a withdrawal symptom, too. Going on and off drugs, skipping doses, and taking irregular dosages can also cause it. These drugs are hormonal disruptors, and withdrawal cause upsets in the nervous system.

When did the sexual dysfunction start, and at what dosage of Luvox?

Started noticing it when i reached 50mg and it aggravated a bit after i accidentally took 100mg.

• Administrator

Your nervous system is upset from the drug changes. If I were you, I'd stay at 25mg for a good while before tapering much more gradually.

See Tips for tapering off Luvox (fluvoxamine)

Jack what do you think about the idea of doing a drug signature?

No pressure but anytime this year would be just excellent!

Recovering paxil addict