Heya! from 5hadow12ogue

5hadow12ogue

I'm new to the site, and I'm not all that great at introducing myself. Hi.

3800mg of Piracetam daily to help with my anxiety and memory issues.

"It isn't your destination that others will look at and take notice of, but how you got there."

-5hadow12ogue

• Administrator

Yes, please tell us more!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Well, without saying too much, you've piqued my interst. Maybe it's the handle - 5hadow12ogue... That's unusual!

How are you doing, 5hadow12ogue?

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

Hey Shadow, The intro is to let us know what you're going through, what you're taking, what you're trying to stop taking, etc. I hope this info helps you.

Oh...I'm not really going through much. I am staying alone, i moved out of my families house after being released from, well...jail. I'm living on my own, I don't really like being around other people, I pretty much stick to my apartment and only go out to go to work. I wash dishes...so i don't have to see or talk to a lot of people.

I've always been told I was depressed, I don't feel like I am. I guess, i just don't like doing or going around people. It makes me uncomfortable, I hate to say it but a lot of my time alone is thinking about what the next life will have in store for me, if it will be better. I guess i'm just lonely....

As to what i was prescribed, well i was taking Xanax as well as Thorazine. i stopped taking xanax because, well I was becoming dependent on them and using them more and more than was required. i hit some pretty low points while on Xanax. i switched over to taking Thorazine, it is typically given in psych wards from what i was told and is used as a tranquilizer.....

i'm rambling...i'm sorry.

Well, without saying too much, you've piqued my interst. Maybe it's the handle - 5hadow12ogue... That's unusual!

How are you doing, 5hadow12ogue?

haha thanks...i like it, i think it fits me. A loner that sticks to the shadows just getting by with himself.

"It isn't your destination that others will look at and take notice of, but how you got there."

-5hadow12ogue

I lived with 54 other "roommates". It was hell. Sometimes I feel like I'm still in the holding cell in county...all my walls are bare in my apartment...that might be why I feel this way.

-5hadow12ogue

Yo man i don't know what to think about that. I feel like the walls are closing in on me also though. It just makes me angry

Btw. Welcome to the boards. i am fairly new my self 5hadow.

UT- LongHorns baby

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Rogue, welcome.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Hey Rogue, welcome.

Thank you. I'm not sure where to start posting, and I've been pretty busy lately.

-5hadow12ogue