Pyoung3000 HEllo

Pyoung3000

I'm new to this but I was just wondering if anyone  had protracted withdrawal from remron. I was thinking of trying it at a very low dose. I know people probably give antidepressants a really bad wrap here and I do believe it has destroyed many lives but at the same time I know people who have been really helped by them. I was thinking of just taking 3.5 mgs for a while. Thought?

• Altostrata changed the title to Pyoung3000 HEllo
  • Administrator

Welcome, Pyoung.

We have many people tapering Remeron because they have difficulty going off. Please use search in the Introductions forum for "Remeron" or "mirtazapine" to see their stories.

Anyone taking a psychiatric drug for more than a month is at risk for withdrawal symptoms. If you're taking a benzo, you could get addicted in an even shorter time.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was thinking of taking remeron in a very low dose for anxiety and digestive issues. 3.25 mgs for a month. The only thing I'm concerned about is protracted withdrawal. Do you think it is possible with this low of a dose?

• Administrator

Pyoung, see above.

We cannot predict who will have trouble coming off a drug. You may or may not have problems. In general, there is no free lunch with drugs.

Please let us know what you decide.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.