An article on antidepressant withdrawal? Looking for assistance

TreeElf

Hi guys,

I'm a writer/editor for a local publishing company and small local online magazine in Northern Ireland. I was thinking I could write and publish an article on our site about the truth surrounding withdrawal syndrome, to help raise awareness that it isn't what people generally believe it to be. I thought I could start a poll or create an online survey whereby people could anonymously answer questions about withdrawal, and the stats could be used within the piece. Of course, this would be done over the next while and in between my own withdrawal pattern, which is quite unpredictable (I'm not working much at the moment as I'm trying to recover with as little stress as possible, but I think this is important and I'm in a position to put it out there so will certainly do my best.)

Apologies if this posted in the wrong place! This is where I think most people will see it. Let me know any thoughts or feedback!

Many thanks

Abby

2008-2013 - Various meds on and off since age 18 incl. Sertraline, Prozac, Mirtazipine, Abilify. Prescribed for severe OCD.

CT'd several times over these years and reinstated after subsequent psych hospitalisations.

2014-2015 - Clomipramine, quetiapine and Epilum

2015-Jan 2017 - Prozac 40mg (stopped contraceptive pill, most stable period of time)

(Beginning of taper) Jan-October 2017 - Tapered Prozac to zero.

15 Jan 2018 - Reinstated Prozac at 2mg due to acute w/d symptoms

February 2018 - tapered to 1.8mg

May 2018 - reinstated at 5mg due to severe w/d symptoms. 9 month hold, stabilized well at around 6/7 months.

March 2019 - Tapered to 4.9mg

Current supplements: fish oils, probiotic, ashwaganda, colostrum powder, cannabis

Sounds like a excellent idea I would be for one interested in doing your survey if you choose to go ahead

2001 to jan 2015 Effexor 150 mg 

jan 2015 15 mg mirtazapine 20 mg quetiapine 

feb 2015 quetiapine stopped 

feb 2015 30 mg of citalopram added 

feb 2015 mirtazapine increased to 30 mg 

july 2015 citalopram stopped 

sept 2015 200mg of pregabalin 

jan 2017 mirtazapine stopped

jan 2017 20 mg fluoxetine

march 2017 all meds stopped 

Awesome Terry, thanks. I'll see what I can come up with over the next while and keep you posted

2008-2013 - Various meds on and off since age 18 incl. Sertraline, Prozac, Mirtazipine, Abilify. Prescribed for severe OCD.

CT'd several times over these years and reinstated after subsequent psych hospitalisations.

2014-2015 - Clomipramine, quetiapine and Epilum

2015-Jan 2017 - Prozac 40mg (stopped contraceptive pill, most stable period of time)

(Beginning of taper) Jan-October 2017 - Tapered Prozac to zero.

15 Jan 2018 - Reinstated Prozac at 2mg due to acute w/d symptoms

February 2018 - tapered to 1.8mg

May 2018 - reinstated at 5mg due to severe w/d symptoms. 9 month hold, stabilized well at around 6/7 months.

March 2019 - Tapered to 4.9mg

Current supplements: fish oils, probiotic, ashwaganda, colostrum powder, cannabis