Dion: Need Zyprexa withdrawal advice

Dion

I'm on this site on behalf of my husband, he's barely functional at this time. He only took zyprex a for a short while, about 2 months. He tapered off it, though not as slowly as he should have in hind sight. It's been about a month since he's stopped and he still is suffering from depression, anxiety, insomnia and a few other symptoms.  At this point he's in fear of losing his job since he hasn't been able to go in weeks. BTW, He is still on lexapro that's he's been on for years. I know time to heal is key but has anyone found a way to help take the edge off enough to function and any thoughts on how much longer this is likely to last? He seems to be having a hard time holding on to hope and has no trust in doctors. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Dion: Need Zyprexa withdrawal advice
  • Administrator

Welcome, Dion.

On 8/22/2018 at 12:55 PM, Dion said:

It's been about a month since he's stopped and he still is suffering from depression, anxiety, insomnia and a few other symptoms.

Are these symptoms that arose after your husband went off Zyprexa?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Yes, he's barely sleeping and can hardly function at all since he's gone off the medication. He has had depression and anxiety before but nothing close to what he's going through now. He keeps saying he wants to cry but can't. He's afraid of, and feels overwhelmed by everything and barely leaves the house. He also feels like his mental capacity is less than before. He's been getting better very slowly, it feels as though for every few steps forward he ends up taking one back every so often. It's starting to feel never ending. 

• Administrator

Your husband has withdrawal symptoms from going off Zyprexa too fast. What was his dosage? How did he go off?

For your husband, Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

He was only on a 10 mg dose for about 2 months.  He said he to 5mg for 4 days and then 2mg for the next 4 days and that's it. Sorry I would put a more complete list of med history but there have been a lot of antidepressants, antipsychotics and anxiety meds. He currently on 30 mg of Lexapro and I know he says he doesn't do well with benzodiazepines.