Codster33: Looking for support

Codster33

Hello everyone my name is Cody and I am a new member here. A little about myself, I’m a 33yr male who has suffered from anxiety and depression for about 12 years. I have been on and off meds throughout this time. Currently I have been off of my SSRI sertraline for roughly 2.5 months. My dosage was 50mg/day I’m also taking testosterone 100mg a week for my low T. Since coming off my SSRI I have had a short temper and anxiety and depression has came back alone with suicidal ideation. I love my life I have a great family and make great money. I really want to stay off these meds so I’m just reaching out for help. I’m trying to eat healthy and stay active as much as possible. How long do symptoms usually last? I don’t think I’ll ever feel normal again, having GAD is hard to live with and doctors always resorted to medication. Anyways enough rambling lol just looking for words of encouragement and to say hello!!!

• ChessieCat changed the title to Codster33: Looking for support
  • Administrator

Welcome, Codster.

How long have you been taking testosterone? Did you start taking it before starting any antidepressant?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

How did you go off sertraline? Did you have any odd symptoms after that?

This is complicated because taking a steroid such as testosterone can cause the symptoms you mentioned. Please see https://www.drugs.com/sfx/testosterone-side-effects.html

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I was on sertraline before I was on the testosterone, I came off of the SSRI over a period of 4 months I was only on 50mg at that time. I had brain and body zaps, night sweats and an tans depression has came back also. I understand taking testosterone can also cause these symptoms also due to fluctuations of estrogen and other hormones. I have no clue what to do and doctors just want to keep prescribing more drugs.