Reallysuffering: To reinstate or not

Reallysuffering

November 2017:Zoloft 25 mg

december 2017:Zoloft 50 mg

stayed on 50 mg for 6 months than dropped to 25 mg without tappering I believe I felt some withdrawals but I had no idea what withdrawal meant at that time

syaued on 25 mg for 6 months and than i asked my doctor to wean From it since I was feeling good

per her instruction tapper by half dose every 2 weeksy last dose was 6.25 mg on February 27 2018

5 weeks later I crush

symptomz coming one after the other crying chills insomnia lost interest in everything Akathisia loss of appetite I lost more than 30 pounds fear of everything even driving my car 

i tried to reinstate on July 4 2018 at 6.25 but had such anxiety and the doctor kept telling me give it a chance 

5 fais later I stopped it I was really suffering she then put me the following day on Remeron at 3.75 mg for 17 the anxiety was to the roof my husband kept forcing me to take every night even though I kept telling him I am suffering from very high anxiety 24/7 with insomnia and the rest of symptoms Iosted above

i finally stopped Remeron again without tappering and the doctor asked me to go to the hospital which I refused she made me think I am really mentally ill

simce then I My house house bound with all those symptoms of depression and the rest and now I have Anhedonia 

I really wAnt to reinstate so I can stabilize but I  really scared since it’s been 6 months since my last dose

please help me 

I am really suffering especially with the Anhedonia which I never thought such a thing existed until I researched on the Internet

i have no feeling at all not even sadness I can’t cry I don’t have tears

please help me 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Reallysuffering: To reinstate or not
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome to SA.

Can you please put your most recent drug dosage information in a signature, using these instructions? https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/18343-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Also, can you please double check the timelines? I'm having trouble understanding it. (For example, when was your last dose?) Thanks.

In July, did you reinstate with 6.75mg of Zoloft? Are you currently taking that? 

Reinstatement can sometimes be helpful in letting people become stable, then they can taper off more slowly and safely. Here is more info: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/7562-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/

The Remeron may have further sensitized your already sensitized system. 

We'll help you get this sorted out. Again, welcome.

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa