SkyBlue

"This is Us" tv show and AD withdrawal

SkyBlue

I don't watch This is Us, but someone told me that in the previews for next week's show, someone abruptly stops taking their SSRIs and suffers withdrawal. This is an extremely popular show in the U.S. and for it to treat AD withdrawal is incredibly exciting.

wantrelief

Oh wow - that is great to see this portrayed on such a popular television show!

Juan

I watch this show and just saw (recorded on DVR) the season 3 premier.

So Toby Damon (Kate's husband) has been on an antidepressant for 6 years and it looks like he will go CT, meaning he will hit WD

https://www.nbc.com/this-is-us/credits/cast

powerback

My biggest irritation tho is that it will come down to him off hes meds and go back on them and everything will be fine ,I doubt theres much research behind this storyline ,it kills me to see people being jugded on the devastation that withdrawl brings and been put down to a character trait and its the devastation caused by the meds not the "condition".

Being on the devastation side of these drugs is disgusting and inhumane  ,countless lives destroyed.

I doubt I could bare watching the episode,not in this mood anyhow lol.

Peace.

Juan

@powerback well said, you're completely right.

TV shows are very unrealistic, too perfect, too happy or just too sad, maybe the sad part is the only thing that keeps me watching.

powerback
12 hours ago, Juan said:

@powerback well said, you're completely right.

TV shows are very unrealistic, too perfect, too happy or just too sad, maybe the sad part is the only thing that keeps me watching.

Hi juan ,I dont judge anyone for what they watch ,in ireland and the uk theres a big soap opera following and its taking me to be this sick for so long to come to the realisation that people get imerssed into these  tv shows and get a great buzz out of feeling the ups and downs and mostly dama of the characters but having the brilliant feeling of being able to turn the tv off ."thank god its not me feeling"

Nothing can compare to lived experience.

Producers are put on tv and given a pat on the back over here for bringing up subjects that are controversial .

Helping each other with sites like this is the only way forward.

Producers are nothing more than sales persons and manipulators.

If we dont watch they dont make money.

If I could have my childhood over again I wouldn't watch tv .its way too easy to stick a child infront of a tv all day.

Ok rant over lol.

SkyBlue

Wantrelief, I agree! Very exciting. (I feel okay saying that since this is a fictional character. Wouldn't wish withdrawal on any living soul.)

On 9/27/2018 at 12:01 PM, Juan said:

I watch this show and just saw (recorded on DVR) the season 3 premier.

So Toby Damon (Kate's husband) has been on an antidepressant for 6 years and it looks like he will go CT, meaning he will hit WD

https://www.nbc.com/this-is-us/credits/cast

Juan, thanks for the info. When you do watch the episode, can you update us here?