Tellingthetruth

Tellingthetruth

Hello

Im wondering about reinstatement.

It says it has  risks if its too late. Can you pls explain those to me. 

Thx

150mg Zoloft 2 years. Off for 6 months ct

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tellingthetruth and welcome to SA,

We will need some more details about your drug history before we can offer any specific suggestions.

Please create your drug signature.  Keep it simple - no symptoms or diagnoses just:

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and ALL drugs

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

Please do not go back on the last dose you were taking, as it may be too much.  SA suggests starting with a small amount of the drug (sometimes a very tiny amount, depending on how long your have been off the drug) and if needed then you increase by another small amount.  We can suggest a dose for you to try once we have your drug history.   About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms    Please read Post #1 carefully.

I will provide some helpful links for you to check out:

Important topics in the Tapering forum and FAQ  This topic has links to tips for getting small doses of specific drugs

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Brain Remodelling

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

This is your own Intro topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I think i updated it. 

My withdrawal has gone away nbut wondwrinfg if its safe to take a small dose for sleep. Buut i domt underatand what risks means thats so vague.

Risk like anxiety or risk like death

150mg Zoloft 2 years. Off for 6 months ct

i DEF would not reinstate a SSRi for sleep. Many other supplements and lifestyle changes to try for sleep, i'm sure the mods will explain further- but i would first try melatonin and magnesium. 

💮Zoloft 50mg September 2015  💮Alcohol-free October 2017 💮 September 2018 begin micro-taper-->weekly micro drops liquid      💮April 2019 25mg HELD FOR ONE YEAR before weekly micro drops 💮April 2020 12.5mg 💮August 8mg 💮October 6mg  💮December 5mg 💮April 2mg 💮May 1mg 💮June 0.5mg  💮July 4, 2021 Jump OFF 💯

• Administrator

Hello, Tellingthetruth.

If you have a withdrawal problem, we need the details to give you suggestions.

If you do not have a withdrawal problem and are misrepresenting yourself as having one, that is an inappropriate use of this site.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Please don’t reinstate an SSRI for sleep. There are so many non drug things to try. Thank God you made it off alive. 

I can tell you I was very, very close to losing my life. I don’t want to go into detail in fear of triggering anyone. 

Try magnesium. PM me and I’ll give you a few other suggestions. 

in Aug 2014, prescribed 20 mg of escitalopram.  Oct 2014, upped to 30 mg.

In January 2016, "doctor" added 2mg of Abilify

I had been taking .5 Xanax in AM and PM for a few years

Xanax November 23rd, 2016 .25   5 times per day

Took .5 Ativan in AM and .5 Ativan in PM 10 hours apart for 2 weeks and 2 days. I stopped Ativan on Nov 4th 2016

I cold turkeyed off escitalopram and Abilify on September 4, 2016

i crosses over to 1 mg of Klonopin in Dec 2016. 

Since withdrawal, I have occasionally taken 10mg or 20mg propranolol when my heart was pounding uncontrollably

Supplements Magnesium, Vitamin C, Natural Calm magnesium drink.  Just started  11/16/16 Lactium supplement 167mg at night.

Godiswithme: I'm very scared   Godiswithme: Xanax taper after cold-turkey of Lexapro and Abilify

Jan 2017. Slowly reinstated Lexapro over 4-5 mos to 15mg. Have stayed on that amount. 

Sept 2017. Started tapering 1mg of Klonopin. As of May 2017, I am at .426 mg of Klonopin split into 2 doses per day. 

• Altostrata locked this topic