Hi, I am retired 1st responder with PTSD for over 20 years.  Get anxiety and Depression as well.

About 2 years ago I was put on mertazapine and gained 50 pounds.  Never overweight in my life.  Then put on Lamotragine  200mg and duloxatine 120mg.  Never felt well on any of them.  Decided enough is enough.  I want to see who I am without all the meds and misdiagnosis.  I'm not BiPolar, dont have seizures but was given bipolar meds and told for depression.

Big no, I just keep getting worse.  I decided to get off all.  I tried tapering Duloxatine with horrible effects..still have them.  Body aches, bones ache, flu symptoms,  mean and cant get out of bed.  After tapering to zero counting beads I found that prozac can help.

I took a genetic test and it showed severe drug interaction with Duloxatine.  Now I'm on Prozac 5mg but still suffering, maybe from prozac effects, cant get out of bed, aches and pains and very tired and weak.  I'm not depressed by very discouraged.  

I got married not long before all this, cant work, basically ruining my life.  I no longer have trust in Psychiatry and find better info online from people going through this.  I'm now on week 2.5 off Duloxatine and down to 100mg of Lamictal. 

How to cope?  How there are no real rules, prozac helps bit comes with lots of problems.

Anyway, I feel I'm getting there, but I need help, afraid my spouse will divorce me soon and wish I could leave me too.

Thank you for all the great info this far.

Zavo

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Zavo and welcome to SA,

To get you started:

To help us out please create your drug signature.

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

This is your own Introduction topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I dont have exact dates.  Just 2 years ago started these.  

I've been on so many meds over 20+ years, and moved and different Doctors I cant even get all of my records.  

I'll see what I can find as far back as I can. 

The Genetic Test has been helpful, but way late.

Thanks

I'm trying to get off all meds, right now at 100mg lamotragine, 5mg prozac as bridge from duloxatine, klonopin 1mg, ambien 10mg.

Is there any place that can help you inpatient get off meds.  I'm struggling and eating and Nutrition are not well, I can barely get out of bed some days.  I have no addictions, I have PTSD and need off meds, not on.  

Anyone know of a nice place?  I'm in Arizona,  but can fly.  Just not Florida, bad experiences  there.

Thanks

• Moderator Emeritus

Once we have further details of the dates (at least approximate please), doses and drugs we will be better able to offer suggestions.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus
16 hours ago, Zavo said:

Is there any place that can help you inpatient get off meds. 

SA recommends a harm reduction method to get of psychiatric drugs so as to try and keep withdrawal symptoms to a minimum.  An inpatient facility will try and get you off your drugs quickly, they may also introduce another drug, you might be fine during the time you are there.  Once you leave you may end up with delayed withdrawal symptoms and be in a worse situation than you were before you went there.  

Please read the all the posts from this topic:  inpatient-detox-or-rehab

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

This topic has links to tips for tapering various drugs:

Important topics in the Tapering forum and FAQ

Brain Remodelling

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

What is Happening in Your Brain

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

Please remember to create your drug signature.  It makes it much easier for the mods to see your current drugs and your drug history.  Thank you.

• Moderator Emeritus
17 hours ago, Zavo said:

Maybe talk to your doctor about Prozac

With regards to your suggestion to this member, please be aware that Prozac bridging/switching does not work for everyone.  Please see this topic: