Eleda

Eleda: how to stop Lexapro after reinstatement for 6 days

Eleda

Hi.

After 8 months off Lexapro I reinstated 6 days ago, I’m stopping again because of adverse reaction to the drug. Can I simply stop after 6 days, or do I have to taper off? I started with 5 mg, had an immediate adverse reaction, reduced down to 1 mg, still having adverse reaction, so I need to come off for good. Can I just stop now? 

Gridley

Yes, you can stop now.

Eleda

Thank you, what a relief! I’ve been so afraid of doing it wrong. Could I have stopped after the first dose of 5 mg? Or did I do it right by trying smaller doses? I didn’t know that it might not work reinstating after months in withdrawal, so it was all very confusing when I got sick from it. Now I know it’s definitely the drug making me sick immediately after taking it, even as little as 1 mg, so I’m thinking I better stop. 

Gridley

You could have stopped at 5mg but there was nothing wrong in seeing if 1mg would work.  

Eleda

Ok, thank you, I got a bit scared from the reaction. I couldn’t find any information about how to stop after only a few days, and the scare of withdrawal made me taper down.