Tremors, shaking, body vibration, internal trembling

Shanti

I don't feel the need to move, or feel restless at all.  My legs or arms don't feel the urge to move. It's the muscles sort of twitching and tremors without actually moving anything. At times it can feel like a vibration in my hand.  It lasts a few seconds then may repeat a few more times then it's gone. Then another muscle elsewhere - a leg maybe - will have a hamstring muscle twitch sporadically for a few seconds. That's what I'm experiencing any way.

Been on Paxil 14 years. 40mg for the bulk of those.

20mg in 2014

10mg March of 2015 - then tapered to 5mg

Then to 2.5 to 1.5 - to 1mg, from Mar-August.

As of August 23 2015, I am flying without a net.  Paxil free!

WD symptoms since tapering mid- 2015:

Short temper, hostile. Brain zaps. Bruxism. Wild vivid dreams  Hives Food intolerance Lump in throat, . Joint pain. Knees, elbows.  Pain in feet. Numbness in hands. Shaking, like I'm cold. Trembling. Tremors, muscle twitches all over. Facial tics. Eye, lips. Head.  Floaters in my eyes. Severe Insomnia (between months 4-5)  then returned from March-October 2016. I'm sleeping better now. Dreams have returned to normal (month 7) High levels of anxiety when around large crowds or in large rooms. Intestinal spasms, heartburn.  Dizzy spells.  Panic/Anxiety Attacks suddenly developed months 8 out.  4 years out, 98% feeling back to normal.  (October 9 2019)

• Moderator Emeritus

Twitching and trembling are different to akathisia.

I haven't had any episodes since September 2014. Once it went after I reinstated , it hasn't come back.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

I had it early in withdrawal as well as the restlessness. It lasted a while but eventually faded away.

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

Have you guys also had muscle spasms/twitching?

This is completely new for me and just started last night.  Didn't think much of it, as it only happened once last night, but I'm now having frequent spasms/twitching in my left leg - mostly just in one spot, to the right of my knee.  Have had a couple in my thigh.  Has happened probably a dozen times today.

History of Wellbutrin, Neurontin, Buspar, Paxil and others in 1990's - teenage years

Xanax .5 mg as needed 2010-2015

One injection of Haldol in ER 10/9/2015 - dystonic reaction (ongoing issues)

One 50 mg pill Zoloft 10/31/15 adverse reaction/s that are ongoing

Xanax .125 mg every 3 hours as needed, .25 mg at bedtime 1/8/16-1/21/16Xanax .25 mg every 3 hours (1.25 mg/day) 1/22/16 - 2/9/16Xanax .25 mg/5 times a day (1.25 mg/day) starting 2/10/16, then tried 6 times/day (2x.25, 4x.1875)Xanax .25 mg/6 times a day (1.5 mg/day) starting 2/19/16

Tapering off of Xanax, switching to Diazepam, starting June 29, 2016, then starting taper soon there after

Completed Xanax taper early Sept 2016, crossover to 20 mg/day Diazepam

Currently at 2 mg Diazepam/day = 1 mg bedtime, 1 mg morning

Yep. Me too. Alto recommended magnesium to me and it definitely has helped. I have been taking it in the evenings.

Been on Paxil 14 years. 40mg for the bulk of those.

20mg in 2014

10mg March of 2015 - then tapered to 5mg

Then to 2.5 to 1.5 - to 1mg, from Mar-August.

As of August 23 2015, I am flying without a net.  Paxil free!

WD symptoms since tapering mid- 2015:

Short temper, hostile. Brain zaps. Bruxism. Wild vivid dreams  Hives Food intolerance Lump in throat, . Joint pain. Knees, elbows.  Pain in feet. Numbness in hands. Shaking, like I'm cold. Trembling. Tremors, muscle twitches all over. Facial tics. Eye, lips. Head.  Floaters in my eyes. Severe Insomnia (between months 4-5)  then returned from March-October 2016. I'm sleeping better now. Dreams have returned to normal (month 7) High levels of anxiety when around large crowds or in large rooms. Intestinal spasms, heartburn.  Dizzy spells.  Panic/Anxiety Attacks suddenly developed months 8 out.  4 years out, 98% feeling back to normal.  (October 9 2019)

I still have that sometimes, but it never lasts that long. Could it be food related? I know sometimes too much sugar brings on those fits, whatever they are.

Age 13 - Prozac, 20 mg. On and off.

14 - Paxil. 2 months.

15 Effexor. 2 weeks. Toxic reaction, panic, never the same since. Back to prozac. Increased to 80 MGS! I weighed less than a 100 lbs!

18-20. Drug-free! So much of me came back, emotion, memories. But my brain was affected. Panic, no coping skills...

20-22. Hell. Cocktails + Paxil back up to 80 mgs. Hell.

Terrible, messy withdrawal in isolation, most of my 22nd year.

Now 31. Never the same since.

• 6 months later...

Anyone else have feeling in lower legs like short or dull "zaps" or "vibrations?" Or legs that just feel restless? I have had this on and off during w/d -- mostly off, but now on again.

Current:

*Abt 1995, started fluoxetine 20 mg/day, later raised to 40 mg; *Abt 1997, started Klonopin ? mg/day

*Abt [??] started first, very slow Klon taper

*Sept 2016, Klon updosed; swapped fluox for duloxetine/lamotrigine/Seroquel (very small dose of last, for sleep) cocktail

*Early 2018, stopped Seroquel; *2020, started second Klon taper

*Abt July 2022, accidental 33% Klon cut, w/no updose; have been holding for 15 mos

*Mar 2023, abrupt lamotrigine cut from 75- to 50 mg/day; *May-June 2023, abrupt dulox cut from 90 mg- to 60 mg/day

*As of June 2023, taking lamotrigine 50 mg/day, duloxetine 60 mg/day, Klonopin .25 mg/day, metoprolol 50 mg/day, Eliquis 5 mg/day, levothyroxine 75 mcg/day

"Forget to remember; remember to forget."

• 2 weeks later...

Yes...I have a sense of humming or mile vibrating in my legs

1995 - 2015 antidepressants and antianxiety medicine
Multiple failed attempts to quit/taper anti d/anti anxiety meds since 2008

June 17, 2016 began prozac bridge to get off of effexor xr, stopped effexor xr on June 24, 2016, could not tolerate prozac due to severe side effects so I had to stop it  Currently...300 mg ER of lithium, 1 mg of estradiol, 60 mg propranolol ER, Fish oil 2 x a day, Magnesium Glycinate,  zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d, NAC

I have these surges like an electric current is going through my body and happens only when I'm resting or lying down trying to nap. Of course I can't once it happens. Also, I get the jerks either in my arm, legs and sometimes scarier is my whole body which also happens when i want to sleep or just waking up in the morning. In fact... this morning my whole body jerked 4x in a row it looked like I was being electrocuted. 

I just got off clonazepam so I'm thinking my body is adjusting to it's absence. 

Effexor XR 37.5mg (1st time 2003-2004 / 2nd time 2007-2008 / 3rd time 2010-current) Attempted to get off again in July of 2015 and did a year long taper only to reinstate by June 2016 due to failed taper. By July 2017 started to give this another try.

7.01.17 - 37.5mg fast forward to 3.25.18 - 26 mg  / 4.27.18 - 23.4 mg  / 5.20.18 - 21 mg  / 6.24.18 - 18.9 mg / 9.7.18 - 17 mg  / 10.13.18 - 15 mg / 11.10.18 - 13.5 mg 12.24.18 - 12 mg / 2.10.19 - 11 mg  / 3.6.19 - Updose to 13 mg and was better only for a month so decided to continue with tapering process. / 5.18.19 - 12 mg / 6.12.19 - 11 mg  / 7.7.19 - 11 mg  / 8.22.19 - 10 mg  / 10.4.19 - 9 mg   / 11.29.19 - 8.5mg / 12.16.19 - 8 mg / 1.24.20 - 7.5mg / 3.15.20 - 6.5mg / 3.29.20 - 6 mgs / 5.9.20  - 5.5 mgs / 5.23.20 - 5 mgs / 6.29.20 - 4.5 mgs / 7.10.20 - 4.25mgs / 7.24.20 - 4 mgs / 8.18.20 - 3.75mg / 9.1.20 - 3.5 mgs / 9.29.20 - 3 mgs but Horrendous insomnia suddenly appear preventing further tapering.

10.9.20 - Effexor Updose to 3.5mg

10.18.20 - Effexor Updose to 4 - 4.5 mg but no relief and insomnia got worse so.....

11.04.20 Effexor jump! with direct switch to Prozac 10mg.

12.4 - prozac 7.5mg 

12.20 - prozac 4mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I have these surges like an electric current is going through my body and happens only when I'm resting or lying down trying to nap. Of course I can't once it happens. Also, I get the jerks either in my arm, legs and sometimes scarier is my whole body which also happens when i want to sleep or just waking up in the morning. In fact... this morning my whole body jerked 4x in a row it looked like I was being electrocuted. 

I just got off clonazepam so I'm thinking my body is adjusting to it's absence.

What's happening I am getting the jerks waking me up from sleep about 2 hours after I go to sleep sounds very similar to what you d scribed...have they gone away or gotten better for you?

1995 - 2015 antidepressants and antianxiety medicine
Multiple failed attempts to quit/taper anti d/anti anxiety meds since 2008

June 17, 2016 began prozac bridge to get off of effexor xr, stopped effexor xr on June 24, 2016, could not tolerate prozac due to severe side effects so I had to stop it  Currently...300 mg ER of lithium, 1 mg of estradiol, 60 mg propranolol ER, Fish oil 2 x a day, Magnesium Glycinate,  zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d, NAC

Last night because of being so stressed out (had decided to hand in my resignation), I developed a tension headache but also felt this buzz throughout my body which I guess was adrenaline??

Had to hug my toy seal pup in order to help calm me down.

Did not have a good nights sleep at all, and hubby and I were cursing for lack of sleep.  It hasn't helped that we have been on camp beds and in sleeping bags for over a month now.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

pardon me I need to get this all in one place

I now have a movement disorder that is the update

Make copies of all your posts here so you have it as a reference later when you may need it to see how you health has progressed as I wish I had done that way back at another site as I am sure there are particulars that would help me and my doctors today.  

You may not feel you have the energy to do it but trust me copy and paste into a file could save you a lot of stress later if you have further issues.

Imagine if all you ever wrote here was deleted and you needed the information due to memory issues ... you would have dates and specific issues you posted here that information could be invaluable to the future you and your future doctors. 

Tremor I had before quitting Effexor and a dragging right foot ..my foot had changed and I could no longer put a boot on that foot in the winter living in Canada wearing clogs all winter is a bad idea yet I had no choice I could not bend the right foot enough to get a boot on. 

These are some of the reasons I went off Effexor I was way to scared to think of this on  my own it was a neurologist who came up with the idea... 

After what I had experienced after taking Prozac - for pain and not knowing it was a psych drug as I was never told it was a psych drug... I thought the resulting sever adverse reaction was all my own crazy brain... I took treatment after that to keep those reactions from returning I had not clue they were all drug induced ... my fear of having those experiences again kept me drugged 18 years so you know I was not stopping Effexor without a fight but it seems I had hit a wall and my body was revolting.  While waiting on test for MS ect to come back off E I went and tried a few other drug concoctions but they were of no value to me for the tremor or the foot drag or any of the other things... I know there were more but can't recall them now. 

Tremor and the foot improved gradually very gradually over the last several years I did however break that foot twice in the last six years and it hurts but I can't say now if it hurts any worse than it did before I broke it or not??? up for debate I can't remember well enough ... at this point it seems it has hurt for ten years at least. Why I don't really know various reasons and for the ladies out there it sucks to never wear a nice pair of shoes again side note. 

Seems all I had to do was get off the drugs and go thru hell to get my body to ease back to something I could almost be comfortable in there are many other things but laying contorted in my bed in pain is over... just some lingering things and pain of course pain has been a huge part of this for me .. body pain headaches.

I had a car accident in Dec 2012 sound a  long time ago but really it was only 15 months ago short if you consider how long withdrawal is... after that accident I had a tremor in my right leg and arm .. it came together at the same time to the same rhythm

I talked to my doc about it and we both thought some nerve had been irritated and it would settle in time... it did gradually noting heals quickly for me everything is gradual... the arm stopped shaking in unison with the leg but the leg continued  tho it gradually had a tremor less and less. 

When I learned years ago that these drugs can cause parkinsonism I figured that was what I had some form of it and having parkinsonism will leave you more vulnerable to Parkinsons disease in the future I was sure I would not be one of those people as I am adamant about drug control in my own body and have turned down a drug store full of pills in the past 6 years... 

If it was drugs that cause it I was going to lessen my chance and heal. 

This morning I was shaking not just my arm and leg but my head my arm my torso ...shaking all thru my spine. It lasted maybe a minute not that long but long enough to draw my attention that this is something new.  

I looked up tremor of course the varying types and causes. 

http://www.medicinenet.com/tremor/page3.htm#what_are_the_different_categories_of_tremor

Read a suggestion of putting a paper on the outstretched hand to see if there was a tremor... there was in both hands. 

I read all the causes and since my sister just passed it could be a emotional issue.. I sure hope it is...I use to hate the idea that things were all in my head but today I hope it is.   Stress of course can make anything worse... could be that too. Being in my head means I will eventually get past it when grief lessens.  

There are a few things I have been taking tho I tend to react badly to drugs I am taking and penicillin and two puffers for my lungs I had an infection almost done the antibiotics that I have never reacted too before... the puffers I don't like and in early withdrawal could not tolerate them one I think has a steroid and maybe it is the drug in the puffers that is causing this... I was jumping out of my skin anxious last night and took have a 500mg of taurine... that is it for my drugs... 

salvent and fluticasone are the puffers amoxicillian is the drug... 

it has been months since I was on an antibiotic this one can work sometimes 

I guess I could look up the puffers but this go around I really feel I need them or I would not be taking them... 

Drug induce tremor response could be due to the puffers if you have a leaning towards them I guess... I am not sure. 

This is my morning so far. A bit scary and I hope not a taste of what is ahead of me. 

Had to look up the puffers they both cause anxiety... 

and tremor... here we go again everything that has a nervous system side effect I seem to get... crap... I feel I need it but I need other things too... will have to choose I guess.

I have had jerks and shaking both.  

In the past two years vibrating in one leg and arm on the same said at the same time.  No cause has been sought hence none found I had a neurologist apt to figure it out but when I got there I could not remember why I went and apparently my family doc who referred me could not or would not write arm and leg shaking on the referral.  The last apt was last Aug... it has taken 7 months to get an apt to ask the same question....oddly enough after two years of this it has changed and is just the leg that shakes most of the time. 

I have this idea that my doctor no longer believes what I say here we go again... as I have had this before all based around symptoms from these drugs... it gets very old. 

No word on the shaking yet but a neurologist said I had a psychogenic movement or reaction in my leg don't recall what word he used.. He wrote it down for me the neuro surgeon said it was nothing when I showed him the paper.. so I guess it is nothing. Or one more thing that is all in my head.  I am use to it me the big google person I have not even looked it up.  I don't know it this has anything to do with shaking or not seems to me part of the movement was a shake. 

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

• ChessieCat changed the title to Tremors, shaking, body vibration, internal trembling

In 2015 I was brought down too fast off Prozac. Among other symptoms, internal tremors were extremely distressing for a long time. During 2016 and most of 2017 they eventually came down to a manageable level. So at the end of 2017 I decided to reduce by 1 mg, but had to reinstate .5mg. Also I had a change from generic to pure Prozac around this time. Then the internal tremors intensified again and I am still having trouble with them. Last year I didn’t have a problem with anxiety and my OCD was at manageable levels. Now the anxiety and OCD is bad. I feel that I have the basic internal tremors from withdrawal, but now with increased anxiety and OCD, these have increased their intensity.  I suppose I just wait it out again.

1987 Anafranil

1987-1989 Prothiaden

1990-Jan 2015 Prozac 40mg Feb-Mar Prozac 30mg Ap-Nov Prozac 20mg (+10mg Zoloft for 1 week in Sept) Dec Prozac 10mg 2016 Jan-2017 Oct Prozac 15mg  Nov Prozac 14mg  Nov Prozac14.5mg

Other drugs Humira and Methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritisSupplements :Magnesium and calcium.Folic acid 5mg.

Inderal 10mg (stopped 2018 Dec).        

2018 Nov Quetiapine fumarate 25mg Dec 150-125mg 2019Jan 125-25mg Feb 25-12.5mg

2018 Dec Sertra 25-150-125mg

2018 Dec Pregabalin 75-150mg                                                                                                  

• 4 months later...

I ct’d Lexapro in Oct 2017, reinstated Zoloft in December 2017 and I started to get the electric current feeling internally a couple months I Ron the Zoloft.  I switched to celexa in June 2018 and I am still dealing with these issues.  I feel like they are worse under celexa’s reign, and likely medicine induced.  But I can’t prove it’s not from the AD WD. 

I do not have resting tremor.   I lay perfectly still. It’s when I use my muscles that I feel the shakiness.  Much like one would feel after a hard workout. My left arm and leg can feel numb sometimes. Not always. 

I do sometimes feel the vibration feeling in my legs when I first lay down. Then it subsides.   My calves frequently getthe creepy crawly feeling like a snake under the skin, but this is not always present.   

When I am about to fall asleep, or when waking, I get the involuntary jerks in my index fingers and thumbs and big toes.  Sometimes my head will do the same thing from one side to another. 

Very rarely do I feel the jerks when awake or moving.   

My right thumb will shake if I am holding something a certain way, (think iPhone or paint brush) as if pinching a nerve. If I change position, it subsides. 

The overall vibration and shakiness is no fun and it seems to worsen for me with activity. I have tried working out but it exascerbates the feelings.   

All in all- my nerves, especially in my limbs, just seem and feel hyper aroused. 

Benadryl has helped calm this for me, but I have pretty much ceased that med due to the advice of the moderators.  

It has been 11 months of feeling this way.   I have had only a couple of periods when I felt baseline normal since then.  The last was about 2 weeks ago when I dropped from 7mg to 5mg. Nearly all symptoms ceased for around 10-12 days.   Now they are right back where they were. 

Although the “wired” feeling has been less since I lowered my dose.   

These symptoms are the most troublesome so far, as they persist. 

Zoloft- 2010-2014 Lexa Aug 2015 Oct2017 Zoloft 50mg. Dec 17-May18

Cital 10mg May-18 to July 16 18

9.0 cital to 6.5mg,  July 30 18

7.0 mg cital liquid - until 11/23/18 /5.0 mg cital liquid - 7-13-19 4.6mg cital liquid - 7-14-19 - 8-13-19/4.2mg cital liquid - 8-14-19 - 9-13-19/4.0 mg cital liquid - 9-14-19- 11-20-19 -3.8mg-11/19-1-20. 3.7mg 6-20 3.2mg currently at 3.0mg cital liquid. 
2/20 added sodium alginate for gerd - caused updose. 

pantoprazole added 6/20. 

• 3 months later...

For the past two weeks my whole body has been vibrating it varies in intenseity throughout the day, I feel like I’ve been plugging into the mains

its come bundled with muscle spams, eye shakes and it feels like my brain is being rattled

i can’t rest I can’t sleep 

I’m hoping it passes once the celexa is out of my system 

has anyone else suffered with this?

any help would be appreciated cause I keep thinking I’m going to die

Drug History -

Citalopram Feb- March 2019

Fluoxetine March - April 2019

I have not had brain rattles, but I am no stranger to body rattles and shakes and tremors myself. It's really awful. I am not sure I can offer a whole lot of advice other than to keep hydrated, get sufficient rest and obviously avoid extra stress as much as humanely possible. 

Prozac 1997- 2013, stopped after 1 month short-taper. 

Ativan  0.5mg intermittent use, end of 2010 - end of 2014

Ativan  up to 2-3mg/day Dec 2014/Jan 2015

Partial Valium crossover: down to 0.5mg/day Ativan and 10mg/day Valium (2015-2017)

(2/2018 - 10/2018, tapered down Valium from 10mg to 3.75mg Valium per day) (HOLDING at 3.75mg/day)

(10/2018) - Ativan 0.5mg a day (HOLDING @ 0.5mg since mid 2017)

11/2018 - Cut valium to 2.5mg a day

3/23/2019 - Cut Buspar from 20mg to 15mg/day (intense symptoms)

4/4/2019 - Updosed Buspar from 15mg to 17mg

4/13/2019 - Ativan - 0.48mg/day

4/17/2019 - Buspar down to 16mg/day

4/24/2019 - Buspar down to 15mg/day

I do hear this internal static. In my case it's more like a faint rumble in my right ear.

- March 2017: 50mg Sertraline starts

- August 2017: up to 100mg

- February 2018: down to 50mg

- November 2018: one-week taper down to 0mg

I do get the upper body pain/pressure/squeezing/tremors the most. Very little of any tremor in my limbs. It's mostly focused on the upper body. It is most prominent during early to mid afternoon, as I feel the most anxiety/pain/symptoms in that period. Everything feels too bright and overstimulating and seeing a bright Sunny day when I feel awful is actually very depressing to me.

Prozac 1997- 2013, stopped after 1 month short-taper. 

Ativan  0.5mg intermittent use, end of 2010 - end of 2014

Ativan  up to 2-3mg/day Dec 2014/Jan 2015

Partial Valium crossover: down to 0.5mg/day Ativan and 10mg/day Valium (2015-2017)

(2/2018 - 10/2018, tapered down Valium from 10mg to 3.75mg Valium per day) (HOLDING at 3.75mg/day)

(10/2018) - Ativan 0.5mg a day (HOLDING @ 0.5mg since mid 2017)

11/2018 - Cut valium to 2.5mg a day

3/23/2019 - Cut Buspar from 20mg to 15mg/day (intense symptoms)

4/4/2019 - Updosed Buspar from 15mg to 17mg

4/13/2019 - Ativan - 0.48mg/day

4/17/2019 - Buspar down to 16mg/day

4/24/2019 - Buspar down to 15mg/day

• 3 weeks later...

I am having an issue with this right now.  Its awful.  I can kind of ignore it during the day, but at night its hard.  my whole body does this weird pulsing/shaking/vibrating thing.  its particularly troubling in the head.  :( 

Three weeks from my first luvox drop, wondering if its withdraw or a now adverse affect of the other two meds I am on.    Poly drugging sucks.  

9/2018- lexapro low dose few days.11/3/2018- zoloft 2 days

11/7/18  - 11/15/18 - Prozac 9 days, from 10 mg for week, to 20

11/16  inpatient put on Lexapro for a few days, Cymbalta, 2 days

11/24-12/8 - gabapentin 100 mg 3xs per day - a very fast taper

1/7 - tbuspar for  three days- blurry vision, jerky eye

1/17/19 - 2/15/19- mirtazapine 15 mg - started taper on 1/30 

2/20/19 gabapentin 600 mg. .  12/20-  taper finished

2/20/19 - seroquel 25 mg current - taken  10 pm

2/20/19- luvox (generic) 25 mg.  4/6/19  to 18.75 mg .held  . Started taper again  1/7/21- 15 mg, 2/7/21- 12.5 mg, 3/7/21 -10 mg, 4/1/21- 9 mg, 5/1/21- 8.1 mg, 5/27/21- updose to 10 mg,  6/21-  in patient updose to 50 mg,  6/25/21- reduce to 10 mg (current) .  9/5- split dose 5mg am/5 mg pm.  9/20- 4 mg am/5 mg pm . 

9/1/21-  took one dose of vistril 50 mg.   

9/1/21-accidental double dose of seroquel- 50 mg 

• 6 months later...

I could use all the info and advice anyone can give me on this topic. I am having a really difficult time.

I've always been a somewhat shaky, fragile person, meaning I'd shake as a child when nervous or cold. But over last few years (while on 40mg of Prozac) the shaking got worse, even while calm or laying down, and I started noticing weakness in my arms and legs, especially arms, and some coordination problems with them, which is terrifying. I noticed a lot of internal tremor and spasms inside.  I've also had visible twitching, spasms and cramps, some myclonus from Prozac over the years, especially noticable after taking the daily dose. I started noticing numbness, nerve pain, and muscle pain and stiffness, burning in feet, especially at night. I diagnosed myself with fibromyalgia and pretty much ignored it. PCP said it was probably fibromyalgia. 

When I had a vaccine reaction and was prescribed a strong steroid last June, I developed visible tremors, especially in the left hand, which never stops. I developed a postural tremor that you can see when I hold a fork. This showed up right after I took the Prednisone. Basically my whole left side has tremors now, from my head to my foot, and I have some on the right too. Most are internal or hard to see unless people are really paying attention. Some, especially in hands and a little in neck and head, are visible. I have weird action tremors when I lower limbs, the muscles shake. This REALLY bothers me. I feel shaky all the time. It is a horrible feeling! Lately I noticed tremor in my tongue, mouth, and chest, and my head and neck tremor have gotten worse with withdrawal from Prozac, it seems. 

I've also had problems with mobility, especially since steroid. My whole body will cramp up and I'll feel stuck or off balance. I've had a few falls. My hands and arms cramp up, one at a time or both at once, shake or get weak and feel disconnected from my body. I feel like the cramps might be mild dystonia. I feel my nervous system is completely fried from the Prozac and Prednisone. I've had trouble driving, dressing, doing dishes, everything. I sweat in my sleep and when I wake up, I am shaky and disoriented and my arms and hands are numb. 

I'm sure you are wondering if I've been tested for neuro diseases. I've spent the last 4 months being tested for everything under the sun. MRI brain scan, normal. EMG, normal. Nerve Conduction Study, normal. Parkinson's screening, negative. I was convinced because of the spasms, that I have ALS and was going to die. They say I do not. They say I do not have MS because of negative brain scan. Neuro reflex tests, normal. These basic exams, though, they don't test for fatigue, and the cramping didn't show up when I was there, so they couldn't see it. Basically if you can squeeze their fingers and resist being pushed on, you pass the tests. They did see the tremor (visible ones anyway) and they blow it off, which is extremely frustrating. One Neuro did say it could be essential tremor. My dad has a postural tremor in one arm but it only and it showed up when he was 60. It is nothing like what I have.

I had spine MRI'S to see if that could be causing anything. They did find a herniated disc, some narrowing in parts of my neck that could be causing some of the numbness issues that I have, and I might have carpal tunnel and some pinched nerves, and I have some arthritis, but probably not the cause of the tremor or cramps or walking problems. I never had walking or balance issues before the steroid incident. In fact, I was figure skating several times a week for fun. When I took the steroid, it gave me serotonin syndrome like symptoms including hyperreflexia, which was noted in my chart, but the doctors didn't make the connection. That was a PCP. They don't seem to know much about these things. Since then, I've had to give up skating, working out, everything really. I can't even walk much. I am just sick and couch bound most of the time. I've pretty much lost everything, except my family. 

One Neuro and Psychiatrist at Mayo clinic believe this is Prozac and Prednisone caused. Psychiatrist says SSRI'S can cause or exacerbate movement disorders. Neuro thinks my brain is overstimulated by Prozac. Both want me to take more meds, which I haven't because I am scared of more symptoms! Psych wants me to take Gabapentin to "get rid of excess glutamate and slow nervous system down." This makes sense but I am still scared to take it. I don't trust the doctors or the drugs. I dont know what to do at this point. Also feel like I have horrible withdrawal from the Prozac too. It has been 3 months since I did a 1 month taper (was told that was enough time by a PCP) So yeah, in hell right now like a lot of you.

Today is my 39th bday. I can't believe I have all these issues at this age. Will I be like this forever? Will it improve, or get worse? Has anyone else had tremors or movement problems from your AD? Have you improved or gotten worse after tapering/stopping? Would greatly appreciate any comments. Thank you. 

2005-2015 Fluoxetine 20mg (tried to get off it twice during that time) Had bad depression once, so was raised to 40mg. 
2016-June 2019  Fluoxetine 40mg Noticed tics, twitches and spasms in muscles right away, especially in face and behind eyes. Doctors blew it off. Noticed tremors and muscle weakness in arms developing over time, especially after dose increased to 40mg. Noticed nerve pain, parathesia, and muscle pain/stiffness, coordination issues with my hands starting around 2016. Eye pain and vision issues.

June 2019 Was prescribed prednisone 20mg for 3 days, for vaccine reaction. Had horrible reaction to it. Maybe combined with fluoxetine? Reaction included serotonin syndrome like symptoms - hyperreflexia, rigidity, tremor, etc. Doctor had me take it for 3 days even with symptoms. Have been ill ever since with continuing neurological problems, dizziness, nausea, rigidity, tremor, blepharospasm, balance and eye issues movement and vision issues, akathisia, sound sensitivity.
July 2019-August 2019 Fluoxetine Seemed to be causing movement disorder and tremors. Tapered off Fluoxetine. Was cut to 20 mg over a week period, then 10 over a week, then 5 for a week, then 5 every other day for a week. Felt withdrawal at month 2.
2006-2019 Alprazalom Have used sparingly over the years. Not currently using.

September 2019 Was prescribed Ativan for withdrawal symptoms and tremor. Did not help.

September 2019 Was prescribed Gabapentin for withdrawal symptoms and tremor. Scared to take it due to side effects and worried it will make things worse.

November 2019 Diazepam 2mg Took 2 doses, did not seem to help and caused leg cramps. Stopped Diazepam.

November 2019 Flexeril 5mg, taking 1.25 mg very sparingly when needed for rigidity and muscle cramping 

• 5 months later...

Have any of you felt a terrible internal trembling/shaking/vibrating? I feel like my whole body is shaking or shivering, but it's not visible on the outside...just internal.

I have had this on and off through this process, but usually wouldn't last more than an hour or so at a time.

I have found that for the last three days it's been almost constant. It's worse in my hands and arms, but I can feel it through my whole body.

I've read this can also be part of anxiety.

Is this just another "normal" part of the process?

Anyone else experience this? How long did it last for you?

It's driving me crazy and seems to be worse every day. Almost like I'm having or about to have convulsions

This quote above exactly what I am going through @Altostrata... It started today and has been constant. Do you know how long is stays? With it, ny shoulders are also heavy, brain burning and chest tightness

LZie, Zoloft 25 mg, 3/31/20-4/6/20

On 9/22/2013 at 3:13 PM, Cookson said:

Is this a good sign? The reason I say this is because this is the first symptom I experienced when starting the medication

@Cookson, how long until your internal tremors went away? It was also my first symptom on Zoloft. 

LZie, Zoloft 25 mg, 3/31/20-4/6/20

• Administrator

Lz, as you can see from this topic and others in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum, people have been discussing this symptom since 2011.

As we've discussed before, you will have waves and windows. Your symptoms will mutate. This is not an emergency, it's the neurological upset caused by going on and off drugs. It will take time to resolve.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm now vibrating like I'm on a vibrating bed since this morning. I did a light elliptical workout for 20 minutes in the afternoon ( very mild speed) yesterday and hadn't done it in a few months. Do I keep working out to see if my CNS will get used to it, or do I stop? I took magnesium last night and this is where I am now. I also took melatonin early this morning (the workout stimulated my sleep also). Not sure about what to stop and start. @Altostrata

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

• Administrator

Don't do things that make you feel worse.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I have been experiencing tremors/shaking 24/7 for three months now since stopping Citalopram. I took it for 7 days but had an adverse reaction. My torso/pelvis/neck tremors/shakes all the time and Ive been finding it very difficult to just sit/lay/relax - sleeping has been very hard and I've had to take a sleeping pill the past couple of nights.

From reading many posts I haven't really seen anyone who has had these tremors/vibrations 24/7, they seem to be for smaller periods of time at least.. I never had any issues with shaking or tremoring before my 7 days of Citalopram. Is this something that has happened to anyone else? and is it something that disappeared? My legs feel so shaky and weak when I walk its just not like me at all. previous to this I was running 2/3 times a week. 

11th - 17th February 2020 - Citalopram (3 days 10mg & 4 days 20mg) - SEVERE ADVERSE REACTION 

There are people who have tremors 24/7 there are people who have jerking 24... there is not too much new in withdrawal... tho maybe I should not say that I have not been here for a long time.  I had tremors... slowing everything down EVERYTHING  no news no fast or demanding movements no tackling big problems... do meditate... put some heat on your spine do eat easily digestible foods bland is best green is good juice your greens if you have to. Rest rest rest... you are looking for a state that is turned down you will know it when you find it.  Magnesium baths were a life saver to me get the purest form you can.  Sleep as much as you can.  Take gentle walks when your able... avoid drama not easy these days but it never was.   

Stay off the computer as much as you can listen to music you love . 

Try this with heat on your spine pillows at your back 

wait... it takes a long time to heal and things you thought were gone will come back try to take it in stride and make the best life you can. 

peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Thank you for your response and advice @btdt I've used hot water bottles and some deep heat just to provide a different sensation on my back. it's just so scary and uncomfortable, really want it to go or at least subside a bit. worried its permanent 

11th - 17th February 2020 - Citalopram (3 days 10mg & 4 days 20mg) - SEVERE ADVERSE REACTION 

• 2 weeks later...

@btdt how long did you have tremors for? did they go away completely? 

• 4 months later...
On 10/6/2016 at 2:20 AM, downtongirl said:

What's happening I am getting the jerks waking me up from sleep about 2 hours after I go to sleep sounds very similar to what you d scribed...have they gone away or gotten better for you?

Hi Downtongirl,

I'm sorry I didn't respond years ago. I actually just saw this and realized your question went unanswered. Well it's been obviously 4 years now. At that time I had so many different drug introduced into my system to try combat the actual withdrawal of Effexor. But It stabilized once I reinstated my effexor to my original 37.5mg and got rid of all the other drugs. 

However, now in my 2.5 year tapering from Effexor and being down to 3mg. The inner vibrations have come back but they aren't as alarming anymore. Not Alarming in a sense that I know they are just from the withdrawal and not some other life threatening disease. The jerks are every so often but I tune into a different mindset with those as well.

Effexor XR 37.5mg (1st time 2003-2004 / 2nd time 2007-2008 / 3rd time 2010-current) Attempted to get off again in July of 2015 and did a year long taper only to reinstate by June 2016 due to failed taper. By July 2017 started to give this another try.

7.01.17 - 37.5mg fast forward to 3.25.18 - 26 mg  / 4.27.18 - 23.4 mg  / 5.20.18 - 21 mg  / 6.24.18 - 18.9 mg / 9.7.18 - 17 mg  / 10.13.18 - 15 mg / 11.10.18 - 13.5 mg 12.24.18 - 12 mg / 2.10.19 - 11 mg  / 3.6.19 - Updose to 13 mg and was better only for a month so decided to continue with tapering process. / 5.18.19 - 12 mg / 6.12.19 - 11 mg  / 7.7.19 - 11 mg  / 8.22.19 - 10 mg  / 10.4.19 - 9 mg   / 11.29.19 - 8.5mg / 12.16.19 - 8 mg / 1.24.20 - 7.5mg / 3.15.20 - 6.5mg / 3.29.20 - 6 mgs / 5.9.20  - 5.5 mgs / 5.23.20 - 5 mgs / 6.29.20 - 4.5 mgs / 7.10.20 - 4.25mgs / 7.24.20 - 4 mgs / 8.18.20 - 3.75mg / 9.1.20 - 3.5 mgs / 9.29.20 - 3 mgs but Horrendous insomnia suddenly appear preventing further tapering.

10.9.20 - Effexor Updose to 3.5mg

10.18.20 - Effexor Updose to 4 - 4.5 mg but no relief and insomnia got worse so.....

11.04.20 Effexor jump! with direct switch to Prozac 10mg.

12.4 - prozac 7.5mg 

12.20 - prozac 4mg 

• 2 months later...

Trembling

Its now 2 years since my last dose and i still struggle. One thing i feel is really strange is i start to tremble a lot while i fell to sleep and i sometimes even wake up trembling. I think its nor much visible for others but when i wake up and put my hand in my neck i can feel it. Anyone else Who has that? Iam nervous i get Parkinson. 

Edited by manymoretodays
merged to similar topic, title added

Started Venlafaxine around  2007-2008  for around 4,5-5 years 70mg

ca .2012  Taper as doctors advise 2 weeks skip a day and stop

7 -8 later months total breakdown after sruggling a lot Hospitalized

and started on Cipralex.

Taper as doctors advise: Mai 2018  from 20 to 10 mg escitalopram to zero in one Month.

supplements

Magnesium citrate 600 mg

Omega 3  2000 mg

vitamin D3 sometimes

• 5 months later...

This could go in any of the symptom topics, so I apologize if it’s in the wrong one. 

I have been dealing with internal jitters and panic attacks for about a month now. I’ve also lost my appetite and mostly have to make myself eat and have terrible brain fog & depersonalization. I had mild covid and mild pneumonia, and was on an antibiotic that I am confident my body did not do well with… but before that was taking some different supplements to try to rid a parasite and heal my gut & deal with exhaustion. 

I am 5 years post adverse reaction to 3 SSRIs (see the list below) and have been doing so well…almost feeling healed for about 2 years. Now I’m in a terrible spot and just don’t know what to do. Seems to have gotten worse as the weeks have gone on…

None of my normal helps are working (Epsom salt baths, camomile teas)…in fact, the salt baths make me feel even more jittery. 

Anyone have any thoughts? Do we think I just need to let my body heal?  

I’m so tired and just want to feel normal again. 

mFrustrated

Celexa- 2 days (February 2016)

Paxil- 5 days (February 2016)

Zoloft- 11 days (February 2016)

BuSpar-2 days (June 2016)

• 6 months later...

I too have had both the external shaking and internal trembling. I believe they are both related to adrenaline or cortisol but really not sure. The external shaking in my legs, at first, reminded me of just having "chills" but I couldn't stop them. My wife would cuddle with me, we would breathe together and usually it stopped after 20-30 minutes. It was always right before bed. I think human touch helps (and she is a massage therapist). I associated those leg shaking episodes with what I was calling a "surge" (feeling good, almost a "high" which kept getting stronger) of which I first thought serotonin but now am pretty sure it was adrenaline. I had 3 or 4 of these episodes during acute withdrawal (2-3 months after quitting) but nothing in the past 6-8 weeks.

In the past few weeks I have experienced the waking in the middle of the night then noticing it felt like all my organs and internal systems were vibrating (much like others have described). Even though I believe anxiety is at the root of it, I don't tend to panic about it. Just an annoyance. It happened the last two nights and I was able to calm myself with breathing and it actually stopped. I think I have now thrown it in the "insomnia" bucket since it has been causing these significant sleep disruptions. I even noticed it once when I got up to pee in the middle of the night. Almost like subconscious anxiety happening while I sleep.

So I second the opinion that these are anxiety-based and driving a stream of cortisol or adrenaline. I also have noticed that getting up and walking around tends to shut it down pretty quickly. Note I also take Propranolol (beta blockers) so the adrenaline won't drive up my heart rate.

My Introduction thread

2002-2003 Celexa/Lexapro (first ride, very mild withdrawal). 2004-2012 Drug free
2013-2018 Cymbalta 60mg | 2019 Effexor 75mg - 150mg (can't recall specifics)
2020-Apr 2021 Trintellix 20mg | May-Jun 10mg | Jul-Aug 5mg (stopped Aug 12th, 2021)

WD symptoms began 4-6 weeks after last dose, increased severely at the 4 month mark
2021 Oct 9th Propranolol 10mg 2x/day (10am and 7pm) tapered to 5mg. Stopped 2/1/22.
Lorazepam (Ativan) 0.5-1mg as needed

Started a 0.5mg Trintellix reinstatement on 12/17/21 

Tapered to ~0.4mg and 0.3mg by end of May 2022

Stopped Caffeine 1/1/2022 and Nicotine on 4/1/2022.

Jan 19, 2022 - Added Vitamin D3 (2000iu), Super Omega-3 (2500mg) 

December 2022 - Finished taper of reinstatement dose around 0.09mg

• 1 year later...

I read through this whole thread and haven’t found anyone with shaking that’s similar to mine. 

My feet and hands shake on and off throughout the day. There’s slight improvement if I eat but it’s short lived. If I go long periods on my feet the shakiness goes up my calves. Though sometimes I can just be out on a walk and it’s like it goes away.

My concern is if I’m lacking energy to do basic functions like walking around my house and chores, my body will summon cortisol to hold me up. The last thing I need is more cortisol production. Has anyone experienced this? What is it? In one member’s thread she said it was sugar craving, but I’m not so sure about that. 

1/21 Prescribed 3mg Lorazepam/ day. Fell dependent in 10 days. Attempted 2 CTs before getting smart and tapering over 10 months- .0625mg drop every 3-5 weeks. 
2/21 Prescribed 20mg Prozac/ day. 
11/21 Finally tapered off Lorazepam

1/22 unsuccessful Prozac taper (skipping days)

2/22 Reinstated at 20mg daily

5/22 Switch to liquid Prozac

6/22 Begin Prozac taper of .08mg every couple weeks

10/22 Finally tapered off Prozac. 3 AWFUL days of depression and sickness, then feel fabulous for a couple months. 
12/22 Begin windows and waves of depression, panic and hopelessness

6/23 Symptoms stopped worsening but are still present 

9/23 Having more good days than bad, symptoms drastically lessening

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy