Donnam

Donnam

I began a slow titration from 150mg venalfaxin one week ago, April 7, 2019. Alternating 150mg with 112.5mg every other day and then taking the 112.5mg two days between a 150mg. Tomorrow I add one more 112.5mg between a 150mg before advancing to four days 112.5mg between each 150mg through the end if April 2019. 

Today, April 14 I took three 112.5mg and plan to go back to 150mg tomorrow and then 3 more days with 112.5mg.

I feel withdrawal today mid day

concentration is off

Neck and body starting to ache

Feeling so tired want to lay down

Help I want to stay with the schedule but getting tricky to stay clear mentally and physically comfortable

Donna

On January 20 2019 I stopped cold turkey 200mg trazadone. I did this because of severe gastritis symptoms. At week 13 I felt almost 85% better but it was horrible. It was truly a catch 22.

On April 6, 2019 I began a 37.5 titration from 150mg venlafaxine. I see the psychiatrist tomorrow April 18, 2019 about side effects.

Early morning panic and scary dreams

Achy and tired and restlessness

Blurry vision

No motivation

I need some support. Just beginning a slow 37.5mg titration from 150mg venlafaxine one week ago and feeling weirdly unsure of myself. Sitting in bookstore today, so I can have a semblance that I still belong to the human race. My mind is scared as I sit at a table with herbal tea listening to normal sounds of life around me.

On January 20 2019 I stopped cold turkey 200mg trazadone. I did this because of severe gastritis symptoms. At week 13 I felt almost 85% better but it was horrible. It was truly a catch 22.

On April 6, 2019 I began a 37.5 titration from 150mg venlafaxine. I see the psychiatrist tomorrow April 18, 2019 about side effects.

Blurry vision

No motivation

• Administrator

Donnam, stop doing that, it's caused withdrawal symptoms. I would go back to 150mg venlafaxine. Please start an Introductions topic for yourself.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I am brand new and I am trying to post my first thread

Edited by Donnam
Spelled word wrong

Blurry vision

No motivation

Did I accomplish my first thread and can it be seen and will an admin person help 

Blurry vision

No motivation

AlostrataAlostrata I thought I did start an introduction topic. I am thinking I didn't. I find this beginning process very

Blurry vision

No motivation

• Moderator Emeritus

Donnam,

Hello, and welcome to SA.  Yes, we can see your post.  Please follow the instructions in the following link, giving us an introduction about your situation, any questions, and how we can help.  Also, there is a link within the link for you to post your drug signature, which is your drug history--psychiatric drugs, doses, tapers, cold-turkeys along with dates.  The last 24 months are most important.  You are posting in the rights forum, the Introductions forum.  Each member has only one Introduction thread, so all the information is in one place.  

Please start a topic about yourself in this forum 

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

1 hour ago, Donnam said:

Did I accomplish my first thread and can it be seen and will an admin person help 

you did!

Hi Donna!  now you have your own thread and people will come and help. you are on your way! 😍

Currently taking Ramapril (blood pressure) 5 mg twice a day

Omeprazole 10 mg AM and 20 mg PM  (the taper has gone nowhere after the first cut)

Famotidine   once a day (and I still needs tums sometimes)

magnesium 200 mg at night

as of yesterday 2 fish oil capsules "EPA-DHA 1000"

off Lexapro as of 5/2018  - last dose had been 5 mg every other day for a couple years

highest dose had been 20 mg at which point I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, which went away when I cut the lexapro down to 15 mg. 

I spent years on Paxil before Lexapro (can't remember dose), briefly on Effexor and Abilify and others I have forgotten. in fact, when I was diagnoses with BPII I was put on all kinds of things which made me feel so bad I stopped them cold turkey within maybe 3 or 4 weeks, thank goodness. since then I've known these pills were terrible and I weaned down the Lexapro with zero help or support over I'm not sure how many years. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Donna:
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Donnam and welcome from me too,

We need you to tell us more about your situation so we can offer suggestions.

Please create your drug signature using the following format.   Keep it simple.  NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you.

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

This is your own introductions topic where your can ask questions about your own situation and journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• ChessieCat changed the title to Donnam
  • Moderator Emeritus

I have merged all of Donna's posts into her Introduction topic and sent her a PM giving her the link.

Edited by ChessieCat

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Donna,

I see you haven't yet created a signature as Chessie Cat posted that you should above - do you have questions about how to do it? it will really help people see at a glance where you are at with medication.

is the psychiatrist you will be seeing OK with your changing your medication? is this someone you have been seeing for awhile or someone new? 

how are you feeling today? 

Jackie

Omeprazole 10 mg AM and 20 mg PM  (the taper has gone nowhere after the first cut)

off Lexapro as of 5/2018  - last dose had been 5 mg every other day for a couple years

highest dose had been 20 mg at which point I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, which went away when I cut the lexapro down to 15 mg. 

I spent years on Paxil before Lexapro (can't remember dose), briefly on Effexor and Abilify and others I have forgotten. in fact, when I was diagnoses with BPII I was put on all kinds of things which made me feel so bad I stopped them cold turkey within maybe 3 or 4 weeks, thank goodness. since then I've known these pills were terrible and I weaned down the Lexapro with zero help or support over I'm not sure how many years. 

Hi Jackie,

I read what ChessiCat wrote and I am still at a loss on how to do what she suggests.  I would if I knew how to.

I am frustrated about this. If ChessiCat reads this please understand I appreciated your consolidating but I still not sure how to do my part on this end. Thank you

Blurry vision

No motivation

Hi again Jackie,

In response to your questions I have an appointment in two days Thurs April 18 to address issues with.my psychiatrist. I so appreciate your interest in my titration

and keeping properly on this support site. I will be counting on using it for the duration of this titration challenge. I hope you are doing well and look forward to reading what your situation. I still am at a loss how to use this site productively. Thank you for taking the extra step in tracking me down

Blurry vision

No motivation

Donnam,   Please go back and read all the posts in your thread here, paying particular attention to what the mods have written.    You need to respond to their requests for information in order for them to help you.   They all know exactly what they are doing and will provide answers suited to your issues.   Please take this seriously.  We strive not to waste the mods valuable time when they try to assist.   Respectfully, Please don't ignore what they ask.

Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg, Multi vit., Calcium, D3,  Magnesium, Fish Oil, Melatonin,  Ambien 3.3 mg 1 or 2X/mo.  Benadryl-seldom, .......2002 - eliminated alcohol

2002- Paxil - 20 mg (3 WD attempts: 2005, 2008, 2010)

2011 - 30 mg 

2018 - 40 mg- Sept to Nov} {Dec - 37.5}

Jan 2, 2019 - 35 mg

Jan 11 -  33.75 mg

Jan 28 - 32.5 mg

Feb 4 -  33.75 mg 

Mar 4 - 32 mg

Mar 30 - 30 mg

On 4/14/2019 at 5:28 PM, ChessieCat said:

Hi Donnam and welcome from me too,

We need you to tell us more about your situation so we can offer suggestions.

Please create your drug signature using the following format.   Keep it simple.  NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you.

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

This is your own introductions topic where your can ask questions about your own situation and journal your progress.

Donna you need to click on the link that is in blue so you can create a signature that will then show up under all your posts, listing your medications and doses.

do this and then if there are mistakes you can change it. 

don't worry if this is confusing, it gets easier and we will keep helping.  just click on the link in blue and start. 

• 1 month later...

Going off trazadone cold turkey

Hi

On January 20, 2019 I abruptly stopped 200mg of trazadone. It is a few days over the four month mark. I am wondering if I am still experiencing withdrawal now on June 5, 2019? Is it possible or even probable? Anyone with experience or knowledge want to chime in? I sure would appreciate some feedback.

On April 18, 2019 I dropped from 150mg effexor to 112.5mg effexor and it is 7 weeks and I am having trouble what I am experiencing is from trazadone or effexor.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

Blurry vision

No motivation

• Moderator Emeritus

merged 2 topics

• Administrator

Yes, Donnam, you can still be experiencing withdrawal from decreasing Effexor and then on top of that, trazodone.

You probably did not see this:

On 4/14/2019 at 3:44 PM, Altostrata said:

Donnam, stop doing that, it's caused withdrawal symptoms. I would go back to 150mg venlafaxine. Please start an Introductions topic for yourself.

After you reduced trazodone in January, you had withdrawal symptoms? What were they? Why did you decide to reduce Effexor in April? Why did you not go back to 150mg Effexor?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.