annalena

Thesis & Research Project about SA

annalena

Dear SA community,

my name is Anna-Lena, I am studying anthropology at the University of Vienna and I am currently working on my bachelor’s thesis surrounding the topics of patient-/ consumer empowerment and pharmaceutical emancipation. In this regard, your forum is really interesting, and I would like to get to know your community and day-to-day a little better over the next couple of months. Alto gave me her OK to observe and participate in the forum and maybe to conduct interviews with interested members. No worries, I will ask for your permission individually before quoting anyone and all information will be anonymized!

In case you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them!   
Thank you for your cooperation,

Anna-Lena :)

MRothbard

Have at it!

brassmonkey

Hi Anna-- welcome to SA.  There is a lot of information here and a lot of different stories to hear.  Please feel free to look around and if you have questions please ask, its a very friendly place. Your project sounds interesting, we would love to hear more about it.

Brassmonkey

annalena

Thank for the warm welcome guys :)@brassmonkey That's my experience too so far. Great that you’re interested! I am looking at the dynamic between patients and physicians when it comes to the withdrawal of psychotropic drugs. Online support groups/ networks are the starting point for my analysis since they introduce a new and very interesting party to that relationship. And SA so far seems like a great example, since it is very active and vibrant community!

Anna-Lena

FarmGirlWorks

Welcome @annalena. Looking forward to seeing your writings on this topic.