swordiebrom 4 mg Risperidone/80mg lurasidone recovery?

After 6 months tapering on 4mg risperidone and 1 month on 80mg lurasidone,I guess I am the minority that didn't suffer any withdrawal . However, the side effect of the medicine like weight gain and loss of emotions slowly got better after 2-5 months but I didn't lose all my weight from eating too much while on medicine

Also lost my sexual urges while on meds and regain them after a month, ate a lot of broccoli,salmon,bananas and fish oil while I was recovering

My case was kind of special because I had some illogical beliefs but did not suffer from ANY hallucination at all (both auditory and visual),these beliefs stemmed from me being paranoid and were gone after I had a logical discussion with my doctor and nurses so I decided to stop the medication with the doctors approvals

And throughout my recovery,I didnt do much exercising,just eating balanced diets and playing computer games all day

risperidone 5mg on 17 december 2017

4mg from 15/1/2018

3mg from 23/1/2018

2 mg from 27/3/2018

fluoxetine 20mg started 15/12/2017,stopped 15/1/2018

1/1/2019 80 mg lurasidone

2/1/2019 40 mg lurasidone

3/1/2019 stopped

29/5/2019 20 mg lurasidone 

7/6/2019 10 mg lurasidone 27/6/2019 5 mg lurasidone 30/11/2019 2 mg lurasidone 30/12/2019 1.66 mg lurasidone

Taking 40mg lurasidone and its helping a lot, don't stop your antipsychotic if you suffer from psychotic symptoms

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!🎈🎊🎉 

May 2018
- 75 mg Zoloft 
- 75 mg Trazadone 
- 0.75 mg Xanax 

March 2019
- 75 mg Zoloft
- 2 mg / 1 ml liquid Diazepam 

August 2019

- ended diazepam taper

75 mg Zoloft 

My intro thread: Oliver1974: sertraline / Zoloft tapering

My benzo thread: Oliver1974: Benzo withdrawal and backache

• Altostrata changed the title to swordiebrom 4 mg Risperidone/80mg lurasidone recovery?
  • Administrator

swordie, thanks for coming back. When did you take your last dose of risperidone and lurasidone?

How long were you on each drug?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

6 months on risperidone,1 month on lurasidone. I went 6 months without risperidone then took lurasidone at the start of this year

4mg from 15/1/2018

3mg from 23/1/2018

2 mg from 27/3/2018

3/1/2019 stopped

7/6/2019 10 mg lurasidone 27/6/2019 5 mg lurasidone 30/11/2019 2 mg lurasidone 30/12/2019 1.66 mg lurasidone

Taking 40mg lurasidone and its helping a lot, don't stop your antipsychotic if you suffer from psychotic symptoms

• Administrator

How did you feel after taking lurisidone? How did you go off?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Is anxiety a withdrawal symptom cause by the drug or a sign of the illness relapsing? From googling there seems to be results saying anxiety is caused by illness

4mg from 15/1/2018

3mg from 23/1/2018

2 mg from 27/3/2018

3/1/2019 stopped

• 4 months later...
On 5/28/2019 at 1:44 PM, swordiebrom said:

After 6 months tapering on 4mg risperidone and 1 month on 80mg lurasidone,I guess I am the minority that didn't suffer any withdrawal . However, the side effect of the medicine like weight gain and loss of emotions slowly got better after 2-5 months but I didn't lose all my weight from eating too much while on medicine

Also lost my sexual urges while on meds and regain them after a month, ate a lot of broccoli,salmon,bananas and fish oil while I was recovering

My case was kind of special because I had some illogical beliefs but did not suffer from ANY hallucination at all (both auditory and visual),these beliefs stemmed from me being paranoid and were gone after I had a logical discussion with my doctor and nurses so I decided to stop the medication with the doctors approvals

And throughout my recovery,I didnt do much exercising,just eating balanced diets and playing computer games all day

Please Sir, do you have anything like brain shakes, It feels like a hammer bang at the back of my skull, like my brain bounces around in wide my head and my upper body shakes when I’m laid down / please I did stopped cold turkey. Thinking of reinstating if is going to stop this symptoms. Thank you and congratulations on your success 

July 18 Risp 1/1mg day   on and of 12times didnt know it was the drug 

2m sep for 4 to September 9

Ct Sept 10 / RI 1mg Sept 15 to 16

went down to 0.5mg Sept 17/18 

CT sep 19 30mg whine drug estimate

tmj, brain zaps, itching, body pains, loud tinnitus, brain fog , tremors , body ,Td,deregulation , sleep issues due to loud tinnitus. Facial movements, clogged ear , choky , burning , discomfort,banging brain 

bruxism , teeth clenching, hedac/nerve p

• Mentor
On 10/23/2019 at 10:06 AM, Henryk12 said:

Please Sir, do you have anything like brain shakes, It feels like a hammer bang at the back of my skull, like my brain bounces around in wide my head and my upper body shakes when I’m laid down / please I did stopped cold turkey. Thinking of reinstating if is going to stop this symptoms. Thank you and congratulations on your success 

I had that feeling except it was in my temples. I had massive headaches for months. Like the worst liquor hangover over and over all day for months. I now get very minor discomfort from headaches and they come very seldom. Henry can you update you signature ? 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

what’s signature 

tmj, brain zaps, itching, body pains, loud tinnitus, brain fog , tremors , body ,Td,deregulation , sleep issues due to loud tinnitus. Facial movements, clogged ear , choky , burning , discomfort,banging brain 

• Mentor
27 minutes ago, Henryk12 said:

what’s signature 

It’s your drug history. It gets posted beneath your messages, so people know your past. A mod will be able to help you out. I always have to find the walk through when I update mine.

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

Risperidone 2mg /30mg on and off for 3 months in total