SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Jlkdr: off Prozac

Jlkdr

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi J.

Sun still shining?

.5 may be too much.

You reduced from 1mg to .75 = 25% reduction

.75 to .5 = 33% reduction.

Also it is only one month since last cut so at least a couple of weeks early.

We will run by Shep when you get back.

Sass

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jlkdr

• Sassenach

• Shep

• Erell

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! I appreciate the guidance!!

Ongoing Prozac 20mgs/10mgs, updosed by doctor to 30mgs no date. Tapered off? Last dose April 2019.

Ongoing Klonopin 0.5mg to 3mg. C/Ted July 2019. Doctor reinstated 3 days later on 1mg. Late July cut to .75mg. September 1 cut dose to .625, continued taper at a cut per 3+ weeks

December 11 down to .125 klonopin, cutting to .0625 

off Klonopin Dec 12, 2019

Currently-Supplements, mostly to deal with cholesterol issues. 

probiotic, krill oil, CoQ10, D, K2, turmeric, L theanine, magnesium for sleep, and sleep aid of melatonin, l theanine, b6, herbs. 

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

Hi Sass! Rainy and cloudy and cool here. As beautiful as the sun!! Great for walking on the boardwalk. Feels so light compared to where I live. Have a great day! J

Ongoing Prozac 20mgs/10mgs, updosed by doctor to 30mgs no date. Tapered off? Last dose April 2019.

Ongoing Klonopin 0.5mg to 3mg. C/Ted July 2019. Doctor reinstated 3 days later on 1mg. Late July cut to .75mg. September 1 cut dose to .625, continued taper at a cut per 3+ weeks

probiotic, krill oil, CoQ10, D, K2, turmeric, L theanine, magnesium for sleep, and sleep aid of melatonin, l theanine, b6, herbs. 

Losartan 50 mg daily 

OMGoodness! Our posts crossed. Great!! Thanks for the link. It’s affirming! J

Losartan 50 mg daily 

Thank you for the forum posts. Walking is helping me on this trip. I’ll make a walking and workout schedule when I get home. Waking early helps. Very timely information. Thank you for guidance here. Good information. 

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

You are so welcome, just wish more members were like you.😎

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello J

How are you doing and when are you flying back?

Sass

Hi, Sass, I am flying back tomorrow evening. I should arrive around 10:00 PM. I think I’m doing fine. Any symptoms I feel, like morning or periodic anxiety/aggitation, I’ve begun to expect. It passes, and I feel calm. My diet has not been the best here. At home, I can more easily manage. Have had sugar in some form every day, which causes me to feel anxious under normal circumstances. Also have had a few drinks. Have made it through both. I don’t usually indulge so much at home, but I’m enjoying my time here. We have been walking about 4-5 miles a day. Hope I can keep up with that at home. Weather here has been moderate, not like a sauna. Thank you for checking on me! Hope you’re well! J

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

Have a good flight.

Enjoy , you are on holiday.

I am sure drinks only in moderation😎

Chat soon.

Sass

Yes, absolutely in moderation. Can’t do more. 

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi J

How are you feeling now back home?

Sass

Hi, Sass, thank you for checking on me. I am not really sure how I feel. I think I’m depressed. Feel very sad, unmotivated. I’m going to wait it out a couple of days maybe to see if I feel better. Don’t know if it’s my normal depression or the withdrawal. Hopefully, this will pass. J

Losartan 50 mg daily 

Sassenach,

Do you think a low dose antidepressant would help me? I have been having some bad days. Lots of anxiety...even though yesterday seemed ok. Sense of doom. Thank you. J

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi J

Sorry to hear this.

How was your return flight?

Did this start as soon as you got home?

I will ask @Shep

All my instincts say it is a bad idea, but easy to say.

Are the non drug coping techniques not working?

Sass

My flight home was ok. Just exhausting. Yes, this started when I returned home. I made a slight cut to my klonopin two days ago. I’m just not functioning. Or maybe I am. Yesterday I was ok. I got out, walked my dog, had dinner with my daughter. But before yesterday and again today, I just feel...I can’t even explain. I can’t function. Woke up with severe anxiety. No will or drive. Fatigue. I would not mind not functioning if I could C/T off klonopin. Then I’d just wait and hope for the best. But tapering so slowly and feeling so bad... Maybe it’ll get better. I think I had two bad weeks on last cut. I’m sorry. It just feels relentless. I can’t get out or see anyone like this. I’ll just wait it out. Thank you. J

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

How slight was the Klonopin cut?

I cut .125. Currently at .625 down from .75. I can’t dry cut anything less. 

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

That is a over 16% cut.

Changing anything when you are feeling bad is what we all want to do, but should not.

I have asked Shep to take a look.

Try and relax and have a good night.

Sass

Thank you! J

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus
18 hours ago, Jlkdr said:

Yes, this started when I returned home. I made a slight cut to my klonopin two days ago. I’m just not functioning. Or maybe I am. Yesterday I was ok. I got out, walked my dog, had dinner with my daughter. But before yesterday and again today, I just feel...I can’t even explain. I can’t function. Woke up with severe anxiety. No will or drive. Fatigue.

I would advise updosing back to .625 mg, where you were 2 days ago.

Jlkdr, you are showing signs that you're crashing from a rapid benzo reduction.

On 8/25/2019 at 11:52 AM, Sassenach said:

.5 may be too much.

You reduced from 1mg to .75 = 25% reduction

.75 to .5 = 33% reduction.

Also it is only one month since last cut so at least a couple of weeks early.

As Sassenach noted, your previous reduction was too fast at 25%. And now you've gone down another 16.67%, so a total reduction of 41.67 in a little over a month.

You will do best by updosing and holding for several weeks and going forward, no faster than 10% per month.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

We'll go over how to make these small reductions using a scale or liquid titration, but for now, please updose while you're still within a safe window. Please note that benzo updoses work best within a 2 - 4 week window and you are well within that window since it's only been 2 days.

Shep, thank you. I’ll hold at .625. J

Losartan 50 mg daily 

Thanks, Shep. Will do. Having a good day today. It’s crazy! Thank you! J

Losartan 50 mg daily 

Hi, Shep, thank you for checking. I think I’m doing ok. I have a sick feeling, like heart sick or soul sick, kind of like depression, mixed with some mild anxiety, some irritability. And I find connecting with anyone other than my daughters difficult, though I try. It’s so hard for me to know whether this is the benzo withdrawal or the elimination of my antidepressant. Or if it’s my normal self. But it’s been so long since I’ve had an opportunity to have a normal life...lots of loss and sadness and medications. I’m just hanging in there and hoping that I feel better as I go. But I kind of expect to feel bad. And I know things can change quickly. I sleep fairly well with some wake-ups during the night. I go back to sleep even if it takes a while. I’m grateful for that. I’m holding at .625 of klonopin currently. Thank you for the contact and the guidance. Hope you’re doing well! J

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi J

2 hours ago, Jlkdr said:

Or if it’s my normal self

Your normal self was visible on holiday and is hiding away just now.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:41 PM, Shep said:

That was only a few days ago.

It will take time to stabilise again but please tell us before you make changes.

It is very busy on here and keeping in touch is sometimes difficult, but we will not move on until you are better.

We are here for you so do not risk what you have achieved.

Remember always, you will heal.

Sass

Thank you so much, Sass! J

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 9/8/2019 at 10:37 AM, Jlkdr said:

Hi, Shep, thank you for checking. I think I’m doing ok. I have a sick feeling, like heart sick or soul sick, kind of like depression, mixed with some mild anxiety, some irritability. And I find connecting with anyone other than my daughters difficult, though I try. It’s so hard for me to know whether this is the benzo withdrawal or the elimination of my antidepressant. Or if it’s my normal self. But it’s been so long since I’ve had an opportunity to have a normal life...lots of loss and sadness and medications. I’m just hanging in there and hoping that I feel better as I go. But I kind of expect to feel bad. And I know things can change quickly. I sleep fairly well with some wake-ups during the night. I go back to sleep even if it takes a while. I’m grateful for that. I’m holding at .625 of klonopin currently. Thank you for the contact and the guidance. Hope you’re doing well! J

Thanks for the update, Jlk.

Please update your signature to reflect your current dose and the date you updosed. Your signature is here:

Account - Settings - Create or Update Your Signature

The fact that you're sleeping is a great sign, but you may want to hold for several weeks to establish a solid baseline before continuing to taper.

On 9/8/2019 at 12:55 PM, Sassenach said:

Remember always, you will heal.

I'm going to "ditto" that. 

Thank you, Shep. Will hold at .625 until I am having good days. J

Losartan 50 mg daily 

Hi, Sassenach! I am doing well and feel ready to make another cut to .50. Let me know. J

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi J

I am glad you are feeling better.

Have you always been so impatient?:rolleyes:

On 9/5/2019 at 12:41 PM, Shep said:

This was only ten days ago and you are recovering well.

At the time you were probably thinking, Oh no not again.

It is not our job to tell you what to do but to advise.

My advice is enjoy feeling good, and if there are no more bumps along the way, reduce at the end of the month.

You so close no point in having to start all over again.

Important matter, how are your furry friends?

Keep in touch

Sass

Thank you , Sass. Yes, I’m impatient to heal, to let my body heal off these meds. But actually, I have a real problem cutting 1 mg tablets. My dose is not consistent. The quarter that I half could be any dose. I’m trying to get to .5 so I can stabilize at a consistent dose. I can easily half the tablets. I know I’ll have some difficulty, but I’m thinking there is no way around that. Idk. I guess I can wait. And yes, I am generally impatient. Lol

My dogs are doing well. Thank you for asking. I’m at the vet multiple times a week. Lol! I guess the worrying about them is part of withdrawal?? I worry about them more than I worry about myself, but thank God for them. J

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

I understand but whatever you are doing is working.

Stay with it you are getting there.

Sass

• Moderator Emeritus
20 hours ago, Jlkdr said:

I am doing well and feel ready to make another cut to .50.

As Sass wisely notes, your crash was only 10 days ago.

Please read this thread:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

You're currently at .625 mg. Going down to .5 mg is a 20% reduction. We recommend no faster than 10%. 

While you're holding, please have a look at the different spreadsheets and calculators. We'll help you with the math, but you may want to explore on your own, as well. 

How to calculate dosages and dilutions? Spreadsheets and calculators

Thank you! I don’t really understand how to  cut a 1mg tablet into the amounts necessary with any accuracy. I can certainly do the math. I’ll continue to take the half tablet with a chip until the end of the supply I cut. I think I tried to cut for 30 days. Some of the chips are so tiny, I might as well be at .5. I’m not sure how much of a difference that can make. I’m really not sure what I’m taking now. I cut from .75 to .625 as best I could using a 1mg tablet. Some chips are big, some are very tiny. J

Losartan 50 mg daily