Lynnardgirl

Lynnardgirl: can’t stabilize - it's been 7 months

Lynnardgirl
Posted (edited)

MOD NOTE:  This is member's first post which was in a different topic.  Member was advised to start an Introduction topic.

Can’t stabilize it’s been 3months getting worse

Edited by ChessieCat
added mod note

Lynnardgirl

Topic title:  Need help if I’m in tolerance! Can’t stabilize been 7 months

Please help! I was on regular Effexor for over 20 years, two years ago I went up on my dose from 150 to 225! Big mistake

Then I tapered within a month ! I was doing ok until woke up with panic attack scared me so went back on the 225 immediately!

took a couple of weeks to stabilize then after year or less I started having insomnia, my doctor gave me trazodone 

Found out the two don’t go together, because I started having panic attack and bad bad anxiety! My natural path 

change my reg Effexor to  XR and dropped my dose down to 150!  Then two months later I tapered twice!  Went back on the reg 

effexor trying to cut! Was having some really good windows but then my doctor gave me some supplements and I can’t get out of this awful wave!  Didn’t think if I was having good windows I could be in tolerance from the drug! I’m not well and need some advice ,

I don’t want to live like this help please 

Edited by ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Hi Lynnardgirl and welcome to SA,

We need some more specific information about the dates you made the dose changes, and we also need to know if you are taking any other drugs and/or supplements.  The easiest way for you to provide this information is to create your drug signature using the following format.  

Keep it simple.  NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you.

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

Once we have these details we will be better able to offer suggestions and information relevant to your situation.

This is your own introductions topic where your can ask questions about your own situation and journal your progress.

Lynnardgirl

I hope I did the signature right! 

Please keep me posted! 

Thank you for all your hard work 

helping others 

Altostrata

Welcome, Lynn.

I see your drug signature.

on 112 mg split in half twice a day 2019

This refers to Effexor XR, correct? When did you start taking 112mg again? Why are you taking it twice a day?

What times of day do you take your drugs, and their dosages? Do you feel better before or after you take them? How's your sleep?

Lynnardgirl

My natural path put me on xr Effexor and cut my dosage from 225 down to 150!

Didnt have to bad withdrawals but wanted to start tapering agian. I had my  psychiatrist 

put me back on regular Effexor thinking it would be easier to taper than taking beads out!

I cut twice probably to much more like 25 % Inwas having bad anxiety before during and after all this 

dosage change ! With regular Effexor I have always taken one in morning and one in afternoon 

So I take half of 112 in morning than the other half in afternoon! My last taper was in January and I cant

stabilize and getting worse

Lynnardgirl

During a wave my sleep is not good wake up every hour! Total wake at 3:30 4:00 every morning.

losing weight sweat so bad at night! Anxiety and heart pounding most days! Ugh will it ever stop

Lynnardgirl

Sorry yes Effexor XR

Lynnardgirl

What do I do? Start to taper again it’s been 7 months and I’m getting worse 

Help please

Gridley
54 minutes ago, Lynnardgirl said:

Start to taper again it’s been 7 months and I’m getting worse 

Help please

I would continue to hold.  Your system is working to stabilize and doesn't need changes.  Unfortunately, it can take a long time to stabilize.  

Lynnardgirl

Gridley Do you think I could be in tolerance to the drug sense

I tapered to fast then a month later reinstated 

Gridley
1 minute ago, Lynnardgirl said:

Do you think I could be in tolerance to the drug sense

It's possible since you've been on the Effexor for so long.  I'm going to ask the other mods what thy suggest.

brassmonkey

Hi Lynnardgirl-- tolerance is a tricky subject.  It is quite possible to go into tolerance after a long hold.  Let's start out with some general information from this thread:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/17909-are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take/?tab=comments#comment-354114

Give this a read and then we can talk some more.

Lynnardgirl

Brassmonkey 

I don’t know what to do ! Today Im in window didn’t think if I was in a window or having windows 

could I still be in tolerance! Good information thank you! 

brassmonkey

I've been reading through your thread and have to agree with Gridley.  This is looking more like normal WD from a bunch of big changes.  I think holding at this level for a good long time is going to be the best bet.  When a person makes a number of large changes in a fairly short time it really sensitized the body.  This takes a very long time to stabilize and will cause some very large, long lasting waves while it is happening.

Lynnardgirl

Thank you so much for the reply! 

I will Keep holding! 

street129
8 hours ago, Lynnardgirl said:

Brassmonkey 

I don’t know what to do ! Today Im in window didn’t think if I was in a window or having windows 

could I still be in tolerance! Good information thank you! 

I really feel bad for you. I know the feeling. I'm hoping to hear you'll be stabilized real soon.

Lynnardgirl

Street129

thank you so much for the kind words! This is total awful what we go through 

Guilietta

Hi there. I'm really sorry about your prolonged discomfort/misery. I am at the same place and know how you must be feeling. I have a number of consecutive bad days (1/2 the day I am nearly totally incapacitated) and other days I am mostly fine. I have been holding at the same place for the past 2 months and I not planning to make any changes quite yet. I never know when I'm going to be dizzy in the morning.... 🧐 and want to stabilize like you. I know I have a sensitive nervous system and maybe you do as well.

We were wronged by the prescribers,  the drug companies and the FDA who doesn't do a proper job vetting drugs or correcting labels.

Lynnardgirl

Guilietta,

so sorry you are going through this nightmare to! I know I will be healed but just afraid of what is next 

with my withdrawals! Will I be getting worse and maybe to a point  can’t function? This is what really scares me!

So I will not taper for a long time until I feel well and hopefully sooner than later 

thanks for the reply it’s nice knowing I have so amazing support 

thelegend

I know how you feel. I reinstated too high of a dose after a CT and I am still waiting to stabilize, going on 4 months now. It is the worst. Hang in there, hopefully we will both start making some progress!

Guilietta

How are you doing today? I hope much better. We go from days that are better than others and those that aren't so hot (I tell myself on those days that things that this is just for today - and this moment - and not to anticipate what I cannot control). Does that help?

This has been an unpleasant few days so I've missed some messages. Apologies. I'm also not very good with computers. This is a nicely done site -but still a challenge for me especially now.

Yesterday I got unpleasant confirmation that I tried hard to avoid - I had gone off CT in December of 2018. I thought I had planned and executed a taper.  This explains why I have had misery since 'reducing' my dosage from what I thought was 20 mg to 18 mg. I had quit CT last year (around April/May I think) - under MD's advice.  

So - with all the symptoms now - I'm not sure what to do. I explained to my neurologist's nurse to day and got an appointment next week (they kindly moved people around for me). Neurologist is not the prescriber of this med but manages my seizure disorder (yes, more meds for that).

Trying to keep as positive as I can and keep busy - as much as I can.  Things need a bit of dusting and vacuuming so may give that a try this afternoon. ;)

I am reminding myself that I have had to deal with ADs tapers (a few weeks - per MD) and anti-seizure meds for years and made it through OK. That said, it can be a bumpy ride. But I know we'll both make it.

Speak soon,

Guilietta

Lynnardgirl

Guilietta,

Hi thanks for your reply! I’m in a wave but starting to accept that I might be in and out of windows and waves 

for a long time! I just want to stabilize been going on way to long! 

Yes keeping busy is what helps! I try to always think good thoughts, pray and thank God for each and

every day! Good or bad! 

Keep in touch sorry but I haven’t got back on this site for over a week sometimes it makes me 

stress more during a wave! 

Take care, God bless you 

Lynnardgirl

thelegend 

sorry to hear you haven’t stabilized yet but promise coming soon !

take care thanks for your reply

Altostrata

Lynnardgirl, what is your current daily symptom pattern? How's your sleep? What times of day do you take your drugs, and their dosages?

Lynnardgirl
On 10/25/2019 at 6:09 PM, Altostrata said:

Lynnardgirl, what is your current daily symptom pattern? How's your sleep? What times of day do you take your drugs, and their dosages?

I have been cutting the tablets and I’m on 112.5 split twice a day! I wake up around 3-4 every morning with 

heart palpitations! Throughout the day I have horrible anxiety! Then maybe a window for a couple of days then back to anxiety 

I think I do see improvements but very little! Ugh want this to stop

Lynnardgirl

Altostrata

my doctor gave me estrogen cream because he says Im very very low! I have been slowly taking it,

but my anxiety is through the roof? Waking up at 3 and heart racing ? Should Instop the estrogen?..

thelegend
8 minutes ago, Lynnardgirl said:

I have been cutting the tablets and I’m on 112.5 split twice a day! I wake up around 3-4 every morning with 

heart palpitations! Throughout the day I have horrible anxiety! Then maybe a window for a couple of days then back to anxiety 

I think I do see improvements but very little! Ugh want this to stop

sounds like we are in the same boat. This is exactly what is going on with me and I agree I just want it to stop. So sick of it, we are really in the same place it seems at this point, we need to help each other!

Lynnardgirl
2 minutes ago, thelegend said:

sounds like we are in the same boat. This is exactly what is going on with me and I agree I just want it to stop. So sick of it, we are really in the same place it seems at this point, we need to help each other!

Absolutely we need to support each other! This is just awful. Trying so hard to keep positive but this anxiety is horrible!

so sorry you are suffering but we will heal

2 minutes ago, thelegend said:

Kernol
1 hour ago, Lynnardgirl said:

Absolutely we need to support each other! This is just awful. Trying so hard to keep positive but this anxiety is horrible!

so sorry you are suffering but we will heal

I am in the same boat as you @Lynnardgirl and @thelegend as well. Hoping and praying to stabilise from this extreme chemical anxiety. It’s awful 

Lynnardgirl
1 hour ago, Kernol said:

I am in the same boat as you @Lynnardgirl and @thelegend as well. Hoping and praying to stabilise from this extreme chemical anxiety. It’s awful 

Kernol

It feels to me it’s getting worse! 
Pray and pray we all heal soon from this nightmare ! 

Lynnardgirl

Found out I’m very low on estrogen and was put on estrogen cream !

Been using it for a month and feel like my anxiety has gotten so much worse ! I don’t know what to do ! Any feed back would be greatly appreciated thanks 

Altostrata

I would not add estrogen just yet.

Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern?  Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. You can post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, with a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right.

Lynnardgirl
9 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

I would not add estrogen just yet.

Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern?  Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. You can post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, with a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right.

Thank you

Lynnardgirl
2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Did the estrogen make it worse? Estrogen has a very long half-life, this will gradually go away.

Altostrata 

yes my  symptoms  Are worse ! Stopped taking the estrogen about a week ago! Wow this is awful 

Altostrata

How has your symptom pattern changed? Please note I asked for daily notes on October 25.