Ginine: Need help with Valium Taper

Gininne

Hi

I’m sorry anyone needs to be here but glad I found you!

I asked my dr to help me taper but she refuses. I spoke to Jen Klajajic and she  speaks very highly of this group and referred me here to help with Valium taper. I currently am on one 5 mg tab once a day. 

I’ve been on Valium for 20 + years anywhere from 0 to 20 Mg for muscle relaxant after 2 thoracic surgeries. 

3 years ago dr abounded me and I went cold turkey off v for 30 days and landed in in Er. New dr reinstated 5 Mg and told me she would get me off. Instead she wants to increase but I  resisted. I also weaned myself off Percocet 3 years ago. 

I’m not functioning at all I have severe withdrawal symptoms for along time.

I have a swollen tongue and altered taste. Eating is limited. Pins and needles everywhere. Skin biopsy shows small nerve fiber neuropathy. Neurologist does not believe it’s related but my skin and body is on fire. Eye problem depression anxiety insomnia agoraphobia. I can’t get out of bed. I lost my emotions. List goes on and on. Blessed with my husband who cares for me. 

I miss me and my family misses me too.

I could sure use help on how to taper very slowly. Not sure how to microtaper or do small cut and holds with a scale. I can’t figure out how to do the math or how it works. 

I see there is a group here for Benzodiazepines. If I should post there please let me know. 

Any help greatly appreciated. I just need to get started. 

Thank you in advance.

20 Mg Valium 20 +Years

10/2016 cold turkey Valium for 30 days 

11/2016 back on 5mg Valium 

20+ years Percocet off since 11/2016

”This too shall pass” ~ Mom

• Administrator

Welcome, Gin.

Are you taking any other drugs? If so, please put them all in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html and copy and paste the report or a link to it in this topic.

Yes, you will find more detailed coaching in https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forum/29-benzo-tapering-and-recovery/

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Altosrata

Thank you for the welcome and information. 

I am only taking vitamin D and one Tylenol at night. 

Thanks for the other link as well. Much appreciated. ;) 

20 Mg Valium 20 +Years

Also do I do a new introduction and signature in the other forum?

thanks 

20 Mg Valium 20 +Years

• Administrator

You would start a new topic to introduce your benzo history. You do not need to do a new signature.

If you're taking vitamin D at night, you might shift it to the morning. It is a daytime vitamin-hormone.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• manymoretodays changed the title to Ginine: Need help with Valium Taper