Mandacosta: Withdrawal from Lexapro

Mandacosta

Been on Lexapro for a yr. Lost my insurance, doc refuses to refill prescription unless I come in for an appointment which I cannot afford. Now I'm withdrawing hard, and very sick

Also it is 20 mil. The withdraw I'm having this time around is making me feel very sick, as in nauseous, after I try to eat I feel very sick and must rush to the restroom. I am light headed, having vertigo and a strange pain in my head when I look left or right. I have not experienced this type of withdraw before please help what can I do to.help myself feel better 

• Administrator

Welcome, Mandacosta.

If I were you, I'd go immediately to the emergency room or community clinic, tell them you've been cut off from your 20mg Lexapro prescription, and start taking at least 10mg per day again.

While you're there, you need to talk to them about getting on Medicaid or other state plan for people who cannot afford doctor visits.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Mandacosta: Withdrawal from Lexapro