Wherewolf: mirtazapine

Wherewolf

Not sure where on the site I should post this

i’ve been on mirtazapine for 6 weeks, on 30 mg, and looking to taper off. 3 weeks ago i went down to 15, and just 2 days ago i felt some pretty bad electric shock like sensations through my body in the middle of the night and couldn’t sleep, so out of desperation i Decided to up it to 22.5 that same night. The next night was the same so i upped it to 30.

now I’m not sure what to do.

should I go back to 15 and ride it out now that I’ve already gone 3 weeks on it, or should I stay here on 30 and taper 10% every 4 weeks? I’m feeling weird today, not sure if it’s withdrawal, side effects, or just the lack of sleep

i should mention that I’m pretty much bedbound ME/ chronic fatigue syndrome, and I’m not wanting to damage my nervous system even further

I’ve managed to heal a lot in these 6 weeks that I’ve been on mirtizapine

so should I maybe stay on mirtizapine until My body can handle the withdrawal?

thanks

• Administrator

Welcome, Wherewolf.

I moved your post here to start your Introductions topic, where you can ask questions about your particular situation and track your progress.

Your sleep is back to where it was before you started reducing mirtazapine, is that correct?

You may wish to let your system settle down for a while before tapering again. We advise a very gradual taper to avoid the shock to your nervous system that you have experienced.

See Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Tips for tapering off Remeron (mirtazapine)

Please let us know when you're ready to taper.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Wherewolf: mirtazapine