Group chat for young members.

Icip

Hi all,

I and a friend from this site were thinking about making a group chat for younger members, a place to talk about symptoms, worries about having to deal with this at such a fragile stage of our lives, and hopefully be a means of reassurance to those who have this, may be struggling with family-life and disbelief from close ones of their condition.

This isn’t to exclude the older members, but our experience not through symptoms but of life is vastly different + Surviving Antidepressants doesn’t have a space for different ages; I like many I’ve spoken to of or near my own age feel a little lost here.

Apologies for writing this like a proposal, I guess it is. Anyone who would class themselves as being unironically ‘young’ is welcome to join, older members too if they would so please! Please submit your interest below (or PM me) with preferred social network, we’ll decide accordingly which to host it on if we get enough/any interest.

This will not be used as a means to post ‘updates’ like that of Surviving Antidepressants, but more to share experiences + more nuances and personal issues if people would so please - a way to help eachother if their symptoms do not warrant a thread post, but more of a simple, ‘keep going!’.

I posted this thread under ‘self-care’ as I assume it is a form of that, group support of shared experiences - I hope the mods will agree with me(?).

Early September 2019 - One 25mg dose of Sertraline taken.

Early October 2019 - Five 25mg doses (pills) of Sertraline taken for five consecutive days.

Withdrawal/reaction happened on the 27th of October (2019) in the evening.

Symptoms that have gone: Joint and muscle pain/weakness in my legs, phantom senses, chemical dread, chemical fear, DP/DR has gotten a lot lot better than what it is now, it was one of my worst and all-encompassing symptoms when it started, awful aphasia, parkinsonism, head pressure, pressure in my frontal lobe when trying to think/work out something, inability to plan or execute anything//feelings of being literally scatterbrained, inability to think in my head other than slight acknowledgements - the voice in my head sounded weak and 'small' like it was restrained to a much smaller area of my brain, constant fatigue, emotional numbness, constant eyestrain, and changes in perception of colour/contrast in sight.

Main remaining symptoms: Visual Snow/HPPD, derealisation, tinnitus, and brain/cog fog.

Drug free.

I’m not too savvy with WhatsApp, but it seems to be the most universally accessible option. PM me your phone numbers if that’s cool n I’ll add you to the group! I’d love to share mine here, but not sure if that fits with the decorum of the site

EDIT:

Here’s the WhatsApp link!!! - https://chat.whatsapp.com/D8kuYxcCJZH0wsnEcHMhP0

If the majority of people want Facebook Messenger, we can change!!!

Early October 2019 - Five 25mg doses (pills) of Sertraline taken for five consecutive days.

Symptoms that have gone: Joint and muscle pain/weakness in my legs, phantom senses, chemical dread, chemical fear, DP/DR has gotten a lot lot better than what it is now, it was one of my worst and all-encompassing symptoms when it started, awful aphasia, parkinsonism, head pressure, pressure in my frontal lobe when trying to think/work out something, inability to plan or execute anything//feelings of being literally scatterbrained, inability to think in my head other than slight acknowledgements - the voice in my head sounded weak and 'small' like it was restrained to a much smaller area of my brain, constant fatigue, emotional numbness, constant eyestrain, and changes in perception of colour/contrast in sight.

Main remaining symptoms: Visual Snow/HPPD, derealisation, tinnitus, and brain/cog fog.

Drug free.

I feel like a discord server would be the best option IMO.

General history:

2005 - Present: Remeron, various dosage between 7.5mg to 30mg

2011 - 2014: Lexapro, 10/20mg

2014 - 2016: Zoloft, various dosages

2016 - 2018: Pristiq, various dosages

2018 - Present: Brintellix 10/20mg,  

2019: Klonopin, 0.125mg as needed. Successfully got off of it in December. Concerta XR, stopped in December.

November 2019 - January 2020: Latuda 9mg

December 2019 - Present: 30mg Dextroamphetamine (for ADHD, don't plan to get off of that for now) 

Updates: 

Brintellix: Reduced to 10mg in December 2019. Reduced to 5mg in January 2020. Upped to 7.5mg in February 2020.

So, currently: 7.5mg Remeron, 7.5mg Brintellix

@brassmonkey,

I think that can be done through the WhatsApp link I posted. Would you be able to delete that post for me please, I don’t think there’s anyway I can do that, atleast from mobile?

I’ll post an update asking people to PM if they’re interested. Sorry if what I’ve posted doesn’t follow your rules.

Thank you,

Icip.

Drug free.

It didn't get far enough to be a problem. I hope the Chat Group works out well.

I've hidden your post and my reply.  It will still be there for future reference, but only mods can see it.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 2 years later...

Hi, I am very interested in joining the WhatsApp group, however the link doesn't work any more. Could you post a valid invitation link? Thank you so much!

2021/2 - 2021/5: Xanax 1mg, zopiclone 3.75mg; 2021/5 - 2021/8: Xanax 1mg, zopiclone 3.75mg, venlafaxine 225mg; 2021/8 - 2021/11: Clonazapem 2mg, venlafaxine 225mg, rexulti 2mg, mirtazapine 30mg, zopiclone 3.75mg; 2021/11 - 2021/12: Clonazapem 2mg, venlafaxine 225mg, rexulti 2mg

Crashed, mirtazapine WD(didn't know at that time)

2022/1 - 2022/3: Clonazapem 2mg, venlafaxine 225mg, bupropion 300mg; 2022/4 - 2022/5:Clonazapem 1mg, venlafaxine 187.5mg, trazodone 100mg

2022/5 - 2022/8/15: Clonazepam 0.5mg(wean off), trazodone 100mg, lexapro 20mg(cross taper), rexulti 3mg

Crashed, suspect to be benzo WD

2022/8/16 - 2022/9/7: Clonazepam  0.5mg, venlafaxine 150mg(side effect this time), rexulti 3mg, trazodone 100mg, seroquel 25mg; 2022/9/8 - 2022/10/1: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 20mg(cross taper), rexulti 3mg, trazodone 50mg, seroquel 25mg; 2022/10/2 - 2022/11/8: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 10mg, trazodone 25mg

Crashed since 10/9

2022/11/9 - 2022/11/15: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 5mg; 2022/11/16 - 2022/12/2: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 5mg, dayvigo 5mg; 2022/12/3 - 2022/12/21: Clonazapem 1mg, trintellix 5mg, dayvigo 2.5mg

Fly back to China from Canada, 13hrs jet lag triggered severe wave til today.

2022/12/22 - 2023/3/21: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 5mg, dayvigo 5mg

2023/3/21 - now: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 10mg, dayvigo 5mg

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy