Edward424: 11 weeks in

Edward424

Been taking antidepressants for a while, none seem to work. All side effects and even brought anxiety.  Quit them. Start over.

March 2020 

Started sertraline 100mg for 2 weeks and had bad side effects.

Switched to Cymbalta for 2 weeks worse side effects with trip to emergency room and hospital for bad anxiety. 

Currently on Trintellix for 7 weeks with bad side effects and depersonalization.  20 mgs. now down to 5. Also taking buspar 10 mgs twice a day and clozonepam of needed.  

• ChessieCat changed the title to Edward424: 11 weeks in
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Edward and welcome to SA,

So that we can offer suggestions we need to know your drug history.

Please create your drug signature so that we can see your drug history at a glance.  Please keep it simple.  Drug name, dates, doses (increases/decreases).  We also need to know what was the last dose you took of each drug before you stopped it.

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature
Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

Once you have created your drug signature please post telling us more information about the experience with each of the drugs you have used.  Did you taper the drug or cold turkey it.  Did you skip days to taper?  What side effects did you experience from that drug?

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Started with sertraline for 2 weeks at 100 mgs.  Side effects and headache were atrocious. Then cymbalta which massive anxiety into er then a med clinic home for a week. they gave me trintellix at quick doses to 20 mgs. Now on 10 mgs and 10 mgs of buspar. Still feels like hell. 

March 2020 

Started sertraline 100mg for 2 weeks and had bad side effects.

Switched to Cymbalta for 2 weeks worse side effects with trip to emergency room and hospital for bad anxiety. 

Currently on Trintellix for 7 weeks with bad side effects and depersonalization.  20 mgs. now down to 5. Also taking buspar 10 mgs twice a day and clozonepam of needed.  

• Moderator Emeritus
On 8/21/2020 at 11:44 PM, Edward424 said:

they gave me trintellix at quick doses to 20 mgs. Now on 10 mgs and 10 mgs of buspar.

Please put ALL the drugs you are currently taking into the Drug.com Interactions Checker

Either copy and paste the results here OR copy and paste the link to the report.

On 8/21/2020 at 12:18 PM, Edward424 said:

Been taking antidepressants for a while

We need to know the drug name, dates and doses for other drugs which you have taken previously and ALL the drugs you are currently taking please.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management