mva96: hello everyone - 6 months of escitalopram

mva96

• Administrator

Hello, @mva96, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hey @Altostrata, doing better overall thanks. Still have some residual anhedonia/mental fatigue but it continues to improve slowly. I'd estimate a few more months and il be fully recovered from the escitalopram. I don't think il be rushing to start taper this year, but i'l definitely be back here when i begin that journey. Hope all is well on your end!

Started Lexapro 5mg Mid March 2020

Came off Completely September 2020

Hospitalised september 2021

Slowly worked up to 50mg lamictal and 60mg Prozac

reduced to 20mg Prozac September 2021

Holding 20mg Prozac and 50mg Lamictal for a good while to stabilise. November 2021

• Administrator

Yes, all is going well. Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 6 months later...

Finally closing in on my 'normal'. Still have some anhedonia and facial palsy, but its just that, mild.

Starting to come back to life is a strange experience when you've been in such dark, barren and terrifying place for years. 

It's a little frustrating knowing i'm basically just back to where I was was 3 years ago before ditching lexapro, plus an additional drug. But at least prozac is a little more forgiving. Frankly i'm just grateful to still be alive.

I likely won't be tapering for a while. Would like to enjoy feeling relatively normal for some time before going back into the pit, albeit much, much, much slower this time.

If your in hell, hang in there. Recovery does happen, its just painfully slow.

MV

Started Lexapro 5mg Mid March 2020

Came off Completely September 2020

Hospitalised september 2021

Slowly worked up to 50mg lamictal and 60mg Prozac

reduced to 20mg Prozac September 2021

Holding 20mg Prozac and 50mg Lamictal for a good while to stabilise. November 2021