CynPGAD: suffering from PGAD - medication related vs issue related to restless leg syndrome, etc

CynPGAD

Hello everyone. I am a 52-year-old female. I'm having PGAD symptoms and I'm about to die. I naturally have a high sex drive, but this is unrelenting, excruciating  and driving me crazy. I'm sure I have symptoms of Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder, but I feel mine are possibly medication-induced.  I have been having symptoms since March, right after some new meds were added.  I have a few medical diagnoses which are being treated/managed with medication. (Mood Disorder, NOS, OCD, Binge Eating Disorder) (I should also note that I have restless leg syndrome which is exacerbated by being on my feet or working out my upper legs and calves for an extended period of time. I do not take medication for that.)

Some of the medications I have been taking for a long period of time are:

Loratadine 10 mg q day - for allergies
Bupropion (Wellbutrin) 450 mg q day (I was taking 300 mp q day, but was bumped to 450 mg q day a month or so before symptoms began - for Mood Disorder and for appetite suppressant when coupled with:

Naltrexone 50 mg q bid  (Bupropion and Naltrexone combined make Contrave, an appetite suppressant)

New medications are:

Chlorthalidone 25 mg q day - began taking it in December 2019 for hypertension
Buspirone 7.5 mg bid started in March 2020 (physician thought I might be having anxiety causing dizziness and chest tightness)
Lisinopril 10 mg q day - began taking it in February 2020 as a secondary medication for hypertension
Magnesium 500 mg q day - began in February or March to prevent charlie horses caused by fluid depletion from Chlorthalidone

Somewhere along the time I started taking Buspirone or Lisinopril my symptoms began. I never really thought there was a correlation between the two. My symptoms just seemed to come out of nowhere and are so intense that it has become a total distraction throughout my day. As you can read in documentation, even masterbation does not relieve the symptoms. I am on the verge of an orgasm all the time with extremely intense sensation around the opening of my ****** and one would think masterbating would alleviate some of the sensation, but it does not. Imagine the feeling you get when you are about to orgasm as related to the ****** only. Now multiply that by about 15 to 20. That's what I have every second of every day.  The feeling is so intense that I can have an orgasm JUST from flexing the muscles in my back upper and inner thighs a few times in succession.  I can do it no matter where I am or what I’m doing.  I always have the urge to have an orgasm so that the edge will go away, but it only does for a few minutes, then it’s back full force.  Of course I have to do this discretely so no one will know.

The reason why I think it may be medication induced in because I stopped taking ALL my medication about half week in May.   I had been having fairly moderate dizzy spells and even though several of my medications say they may cause dizziness, my physician and a Neurologist I recently saw think it is something else. I wanted to test and see if it was any of my meds or a combination of meds that was causing the dizziness. Two or three days after I stopped all meds, my acute arousal went away. I stayed off all meds for a weekend and then started them back up again. Within two days of resuming all my medications the symptoms came back full force. This sensation is actually even more intense than having an orgasm, and my orgasms are pretty strong.  (The dizzy spells have subsided somewhat, but still happen with sudden movements and when I first stand up.)

I'm at a loss for what to do. I'm sure lots of people would wish for this set of symptoms to happen to them. I'm not going to lie. The first three or four days it was pretty nice. Actually very nice. However, it won't stop and I don't know what to do. My primary care provider isn’t particularly familiar with PGAD and I can't get into my therapist or Psychiatrist right now because of the quarantine.  I can't just stop taking my meds. My high blood pressure was found in December (I had no issues at any of my monthly doctor visits before) and it was near stroke level. I started the Chlorthalidone and it remained high until I began the Lisinopril.

Has anyone else ever experienced symptoms of PGAD that is taking any combination of the meds I'm taking? I'm desperate for relief and would welcome any suggestions or comments.  Sorry for the lengthy post, but I have a lot of information that could be pertinent.

• ChessieCat changed the title to CynPGAD: suffering from PGAD - medication related vs issue related to restless leg syndrome, etc
  • Administrator

Welcome, CynPGAD.

Well, that is a creative and highly excessive cocktail of 6 psychoactive drugs. Does one doctor prescribe all these drugs?

Please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
and copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic.

If your odd symptoms started after a drug change, it's highly likely they were caused by the drug change. To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern?  Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. Post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right. This can show if your symptoms are adverse effects from one of your drugs.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.