Jon99

Jon99

Hi guys, I took Venlafaxine and mirtacapine for about 6years. Tapered off venla now in between 3 months which was already a nightmare but now after the tapering of the mirtacapine I feel even worse. I am at a point where I never believed I could ever be.. Even having suicidal thoughts again. I am at 0 now with venla for about 4 months and at 0 with mirtacapine for about 3 weeks. Right now I feel so bad with huge depression, Intense anxiety and rumination. I was having hope due to the support of a holistic doc and a good friend but now I lost hope that I can handle myself any longer with those symptoms that strong. Doing meditation, supplement support, wim hof breathing, walks, sun exposure bit still find myself in the worst place I could possibly be right now and believe I do need some outsidr help even though my holistic doc still believes my buddy can handle it. Are u guys having been in that spot? Any suggestions like acupuncture, ketamine or sth else entirely?? Help so much appreciated 

2013-2015 fluoxetine only(30mg)

2015-2020  venlafaxine 75mg plus mirtacapine 30mg

Started tapering in May 2020 with monthly reduction of only venlafaxine over a period of 4 months... Then after another month I started taper the mirtacapine, now at 0 since December 1st. I guess I tapered the mirtacapine too fast but was so tired with it that I had zero energy. Also my German psychiatrist tried to get me on first wellbutrin and then duloxetine again after the withdrawal of the venlafaxine ... But I stopped it again after huge anxiety and suicidal thoughts, flew to a friend in another country and working on it now with his help and the help of his holistic doc to get rid and stay rid of antidepressants. Hardest time of my life ever and there are days like today that I can't make it cause it's just too painful and exhausting. Taking Marijuana now here and there on bad days and hope it helps me to l cope with the symptoms. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi @Jon99 and welcome,

I am very sorry to hear about your situation. And yes, we are many who are and have been in this situation unfortunately. That's why I'm convinced you like the rest will recover. It might just take some time. How long it will take differs a lot from person to person. For some it can take a few months, and for some it takes longer. To maybe get a better understanding of what you might be experiencing, these two topics can be useful:

What is withdrawal syndrome?

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Would you mind writing your signature according to the link below? It will make it easier for us to get the most important information and better help you.

How to write your signature

Reinstatement usually seem to work 3 months within your last dose, but it's never guaranteed to work. If you do this, we recommend to start at a very low dose and only change one drug at a time. This topic explains it well:

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

After reinstatement it can usually be tapered a lot slower and for many that seems to help prevent symptoms a bit better. That's why we recommend to taper this way:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Since many are so sensitive in withdrawal, any substances can make withdrawal worse, even if we were able to handle those things well before. This can be worth to keep in mind both regarding the marijuana but also things like alcohol or seemingly harmless supplements. 
The only two supplements we usually recommend are omega-3 and magnesium. Those have been helpful to many. Just make sure as with anything to start at a low dose and only try one thing at a time. So that if you get worsened symptoms you will know the cause and can manage it better.

Magnesium

Omega-3

This can be a lot of information to take in, so feel free to see my post as a reference rather than something you have to read through right away. The signature is a good first step.
Have you had any days or moments since you stopped the drugs where you feel it is a little easier?

Edited by Sunnyday

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

2016: Started tapering Escitalopram 5 mg at a time, every fourth week

July 24th, 2016: Escitalopram 5 mg

April 2nd, 2017: Quit last dosage (WD worsened a lot)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

Ca Dec 2017: Out of Diazepam, i.e free from all prescribed drugs

Now: Still drug free

Supplements: Irregular intake of Omega-3, magnesium, vitamin D.