Sneha: The fear/anxiety attacks are terrifying, this kind of life seems almost impossible

Sneha

Hey @Sneha- Good move on the updose. Do you have access to a scale where you can weigh your pills? If you're not super precise with your dosage, it has the ability to throw things off even more.

2005- 2008: Lorazepam (max dose- 1 MG daily)

2008- 2016: Lexapro (max dose-10 MG daily)

January 2017- March 2017- Pristiq (max dose- 100 MG daily)

April 2017- June 2017: Trintellix (max dose- 10 MG)

July 2017- October 2017:  Lexapro (max dose-10 MG daily)

November 2017- April 2018- Luvox (max dose- 100 MG)

May 2018- Zoloft (max dose- 18.75)

5/28/18- 3 MG Lexapro, 6/3/18- 3 MG Lexapro, 6/7/18- 3.5 MG Lexapro, 6/13/18- 4 MG Lexapro, 6/21/18- 4.5 MG Lexapro, 6/28/18- 3/29/21- 4 MG Lexapro, 3/30/21- Present- 3.8 MG Lexapro

**Bad Wave Caused by Trileptal 150 MG (one pill) in December '20 and Low Dose Naltrexone .12 MG (one pill) in April '21**

"The Journey is The Reward"

Hi @ryan1982, thanks for the tip, I probably should search for a scale on an e commerce site based on the advice in the links sent to me here on this thread. Good point, thank you. The 5mg tablet is very small so it's hard to quarter accurately. 

1. 2006: Cold turkey off duloxetine 120mg and trifluoperazine 2mg after 1.5 years of various antidepressants taken serially (sertraline, venlafaxine, reboxetine, bupropion) and antipsychotics taken serially (olanzapine, then trifluoperazine), and lorazepam taken on an SOS basis. 

2. 2017: Tapered off fluvoxamine 200mg (+ lamotrigine 300mg + oxcarbamazepine 600mg), all done over 35 days after 6.5 years of two antidepressants taken both serially and in parallel (escitalopram, fluvoxamine), mood stabilizers taken both serially and in parallel (sodium valproate, oxcarbamazepine, lamotrigine), antipsychotic (risperidone, maybe for 6 months in 2011), clonazepam taken on an SOS basis. Went back on antidepressants and mood stabilizers after 2 months of withdrawal. 

3. November 2020: Tapered off escitalopram 20mg (+ lamotrigine 200mg) over 30 days after 10.5 years (not counting the 2 months mentioned above) of various antidepressants, taper ended on December 2nd 2020. (Taken between 2017-2020 at various points, both serially and in parallel:
Amitriptyline, vilazodone 40mg, risperidone 1mg, pregabalin 150mg June 2017 to March 2018, duloxetine 30mg, promethazine on an SOS basis for anxiety, zolpidem for sleep for a few weeks, topiramate for binge eating, clonazepam taken on an SOS basis.) Went back on escitalopram 5mg and lamotrigine 25mg on Jan 18th-19th after 47 days of withdrawal. 

I thought withdrawal was bad but if this is the kindling effect it's so much worse. I've been having panic spasms all evening and night which is atypical for me, I usually have them mainly in the morning. I'm terrified to try even 1.25mg tomorrow. 😕

1. 2006: Cold turkey off duloxetine 120mg and trifluoperazine 2mg after 1.5 years of various antidepressants taken serially (sertraline, venlafaxine, reboxetine, bupropion) and antipsychotics taken serially (olanzapine, then trifluoperazine), and lorazepam taken on an SOS basis. 

2. 2017: Tapered off fluvoxamine 200mg (+ lamotrigine 300mg + oxcarbamazepine 600mg), all done over 35 days after 6.5 years of two antidepressants taken both serially and in parallel (escitalopram, fluvoxamine), mood stabilizers taken both serially and in parallel (sodium valproate, oxcarbamazepine, lamotrigine), antipsychotic (risperidone, maybe for 6 months in 2011), clonazepam taken on an SOS basis. Went back on antidepressants and mood stabilizers after 2 months of withdrawal. 

3. November 2020: Tapered off escitalopram 20mg (+ lamotrigine 200mg) over 30 days after 10.5 years (not counting the 2 months mentioned above) of various antidepressants, taper ended on December 2nd 2020. (Taken between 2017-2020 at various points, both serially and in parallel:
Amitriptyline, vilazodone 40mg, risperidone 1mg, pregabalin 150mg June 2017 to March 2018, duloxetine 30mg, promethazine on an SOS basis for anxiety, zolpidem for sleep for a few weeks, topiramate for binge eating, clonazepam taken on an SOS basis.) Went back on escitalopram 5mg and lamotrigine 25mg on Jan 18th-19th after 47 days of withdrawal. 

I'm better now, panic attacks have reduced a bit. Moved on up to 5mg of escitalopram and started 25mg of lamotrigine on my old psychiatrist's advice. He mistook my withdrawal symptoms for return of mental illness, compared serotonin to insulin and attributed the following improvements I've observed in the last six weeks of no-meds to hypomania, which was just plain wrong, I was not hypomanic: my wakefulness during the daytime, improved connection with other people and improved willingness to work, including housework. 

I'm too mentally exhausted to start the search for a better psychiatrist now. Had bad experiences with two other psychiatrists last year and quite traumatized by them. At least this one makes me feel resigned and not traumatized because he's polite. Will just focus on stabilizing now so that the panic attacks decrease. 

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Sneha said:

Moved on up to 5mg of escitalopram and started 25mg of lamotrigine on my old psychiatrist's advice.

Unfortunately, it's very hard to find a psychiatrist who isn't clueless. But you can make much smaller doses of these drug yourself. These links go into details. 

Tips for tapering off escitalopram (Lexapro)

Tips for tapering off lamotrigine (Lamictal)

If you have a doctor who will prescribe these drugs long enough for a taper, you'll be okay. 

Thanks so much @Shep. And for these useful links.