MY story BRapsidy

BRapsidy

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi BR,

You might also want to post your question on our B12 thread here:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1392-vitamin-b12-essential-for-mood-nervous-system/

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BRapsidy

• Altostrata

• tezza

• Jemima

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

BR, you may want to try some B12 foods http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=107

Eat as fresh as possible. Lamb is very good.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 year later...

Hello Everyone. I am about to hit four years since I stopped taking Zoloft. I wanted to come back since it has been almost 2 years since I have posted. I feel horrible that I have not continued to be part of a community that helped me soooo much during one of the hardest times in my life. I know I would not have gotten through some of those days and nights if it was not for this group. I think coming back to the forum was hard, because it reminded me of what I went through. I wanted to get as far away from my memories as I could. Now I really want to help people who are going through their hardest time. I want them to know that there is another side. I want you to know you can get your life back.

So My life is pretty close to 100% back to my pre zoloft self. Each year I feel better and better. Most days I am living life as if Zoloft never came into it. I am raising my kids, volunteering in their school. I have taken up my wheel throwing/pottery again. I've learned to knit. Life is good. Do I have moments of anxiety? Yes, but my anxiety is starting to look like my "old" anxiety, not the SW anxiety. I have found ways to cope with that and feel so much stronger now. I think the last time I have had a SW anxiety was  either thanksgiving or Christmas, but that was the first time I had seen that in almost 5-6 months.. Thankfully I had my husband right there seeing me through to the other side. This episode  only lasted for a short amount of time and I was able to fall asleep right after it was over.

I have more energy, but I'm still careful not to over extend myself. If I get too tired my anxiety increases still, but I had that problem pre zoloft. So when I feel my body start to get out of whack I pull back and take care of myself. 

I was and still am working through some PTSD from all that I went through. I never thought I would be able to let this all go, but now I think one day I will be able to move on from the anger and disappointment. I M STILL VERY CAUTIOUS when it comes to taking any medication. The reactions I had early on in withdrawal have stayed with me, making it difficult for me to trust medicine. I do get depressed, but it is mild and only stays a day or two. I try to make myself interact with friends during this time, as it helps me not go too far down the rabbit hole.

I have surrounded myself with some amazing friends who all know what I have been through and they have supported me and shared their love in ways I will never forget and will forever be thankful.

All I can say is that four years ago I did not think I would even come close to living a normal life again. If I could see myself living my life like I'm living it now when I was in the early stages of withdrawal I would not believe it was me. But here I am. I hope my story can help someone get through their early days of withdrawal. I remember reading over peoples updates and holding on to them as tightly as I could and I want to repay the group by doing the same for someone else. I wish you all healing, light and love!!

Prozac(situational depression) 1993 discontinued sometime in 1994 without WD problems

Paxil from 2003 until 2004 for anxiety/panic attacks

25mg of Zoloft from March 2012. started tappering in April and took my last one on May 13, 2012

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi BRapsidy,

Thank you for coming back to post an update.  It's great to hear that you are doing so well.  May it continue that way for you.  CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management