200mgdaily

200mgdaily

49 years depressive female.

Been on sertralin for 30 years but 1.5 year of pregnancy and breastfeeding.

Now suffer from confusion. Feeling of electric chock in body. Memory loss. Jumping leg. Night sweat and teethgrinding.

Zoloft 200 mg from 2001 - 2002

Sertralin 200mg from 2002-

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome @200mgdaily,

I'm sorry to hear about the symptoms you have been getting. Had you made any changes before you started getting these symptoms? And are you looking to taper off sertraline?

Thank you also for filling in the signature. Are you taking any other drugs or supplements apart from sertraline? 

Many questions, it's so that we can hopefully help you a bit better.

Edited by Sunnyday

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

2016: Started tapering Escitalopram 5 mg at a time, every fourth week

July 24th, 2016: Escitalopram 5 mg

April 2nd, 2017: Quit last dosage (WD worsened a lot)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

Ca Dec 2017: Out of Diazepam, i.e free from all prescribed drugs

Now: Still drug free

Supplements: Irregular intake of Omega-3, magnesium, vitamin D.

The teeth grinding and tendency to never relax jaw muscles have been there ever since i started medication. So has the night sweat.  I cant really remember if the electric chock sensation in body was there before.

Memory loss and confusion kind of snuck up on me slowly. First time i became aware if it was in 2014. As this was the same time i was hit by stress i did not think of it, but as the stress have been worked with through therapy and daily routines the symptoms remain and getting worse. So does the shaking hands.  Jumping leg is a fairly new symptom that have begun within the last year. I have never taken any other drugs. But wedensday i started microdosing with mushrooms. I am hoping to start tapering the sertraline but have not started yet. Still figuring out how. 

Zoloft 200 mg from 2001 - 2002

Sertralin 200mg from 2002-

• Moderator Emeritus

@200mgdaily,

We generally recommend to taper by no more than 10% of your current dose. These two links should be helpful:

Tips for tapering Zoloft (sertraline)

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Any drugs you take should preferably be in your signature, so this includes the mushrooms. Alcohol intake as well, cannabis, etc.

How to write a signature

I would say trying supplements and drugs during this can be a bit of a gamble. For some people it helps, and for some it makes things a lot worse. The only two supplements we generally recommend are magnesium and omega-3. If you decide to try anything, it can be a good idea to start at a very low dose and only start with one thing at a time. That way we know better what's causing any issues.

Have you noticed any difference in symptoms since you started microdosing the mushrooms? I found two topics related to this with some different perspectives, it might be useful reading through before you start tapering. 

Psychedelic mushrooms, ayahuasca and other hallucinogens

Mushroom Supplements: Lion's Mane, Reishi, Shiitake, AHCC

After reading through them myself I wouldn't personally try it in combination with being on an antidepressant, especially while tapering, but it's of course up to each individual.

Take care, and please keep us updated.

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

2016: Started tapering Escitalopram 5 mg at a time, every fourth week

July 24th, 2016: Escitalopram 5 mg

April 2nd, 2017: Quit last dosage (WD worsened a lot)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

Ca Dec 2017: Out of Diazepam, i.e free from all prescribed drugs

Now: Still drug free

Supplements: Irregular intake of Omega-3, magnesium, vitamin D.