LDHHealed: Tired of suffering

LDHHealed

I was on Cymbalta,  remeron,  gabapentin and klonopin for 5 months for fibromyalgia ibs and anxiety and pain bc of them. My Dr Ctd me in July and I'm suffering.  I was never aware that I should taper and I feel angry.  I'm currently living in my car bc noone believes these meds caused my illness . Lost my job, family, marriage, insurance,  my life I have food ,histamine intolerance,  lost 60lbs,  vision hearing issues, severe body ache, lack of appetite,  bladder issues,  pins and needles, bone pain, 

Remeron  45mg April 2020 July2020

cymbalta 60 mg july 2019 to Feb 2020

cymbalta 120 mg feb 2020 to July 2020

klonopin. 50 feb 2020 to july 2020 

Dr Ctd 

Remeron  45mg April 2020 July2020

cymbalta 60 mg july 2019 to Feb 2020

cymbalta 120 mg feb 2020 to July 2020

klonopin. 50 feb 2020 to july 2020 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, LDHHealed.

I'm sorry you were prescribed such a toxic mix and then taken off cold turkey. 

Please note I've taken what you wrote about your drugs, doses, and dates and placed them in a signature for you. Your signature is shown underneath each of your posts. 

Even if you had access to these drugs, reinstating after such a long time off would likely not work. And right now, finding a safe place to live is a priority. 

All we may be able to do as an online forum is reassure you that the symptoms you list are indeed withdrawal. 

It may help to gather some resources to show any family or friends who may be open to this information, in hopes you may reestablish some connections that could help you with housing. 

This is a leaflet from Royal College of Psychiatry website (the Royal College of Psychiatry is similar to the American Psychiatric Association here in the U.S.). It's a groundbreaking report, as it acknowledges the reality of withdrawal syndrome:

Stopping antidepressants

Major milestone: Royal College releases new guidance on stopping antidepressants

You may also want to read this thread:

Helping family understand

Major milestone: Royal College releases new guidance on stopping antidepressants

Many of the non-drug coping skills are free and available online. You may find guided sleep videos, breathing exercises, etc. to be helpful until you're able to get what you really need - safe housing and food security. 

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Have you seen any improvements since last summer? 

• Shep changed the title to LDHHealed: Tired of suffering