saimshah citanew or xanax.

saimshah

i took citanew 10mg first time in 2010 for 6 mothes mainly for panic attacks and ct . once again i took it again in 2015 for 5 to 6 monthes and stopped it ct without any withdrawals effects.

In april 2020 i took antibiotics which increased my heart rate and i got panic and doc gave me xanax .25 mg for 30 days generally for relaxation and keep my panic under control but it gave me adverse reaction . i did not realize i m having panic attacks breathing issues anxiety just because of xanax. its half life is 8 hours and i was just taking 1 tablet .25 mg at night time . i switched my doc and new doc started me on citanew and said ct xanax when citanew kicks in. anyway on 13th May 2020 i ct xanax and citanew really controlled my symtoms. i did a big mistake and again ct citanew in august 2020 . In September i started to have severe panic attacks , sugar crashes, full body weakness, fear to go out side, muscles spasm.  i dont know now these are withdrawal of xanax or citanew.  i need advise from you all . what i should do ? should i reinstate citanew with minimum dosage or face the withdrawal. its almost 7 monthes from the time i have ct citanew and i m living in hell. please help.

2010 citanew 10mg ct after 6 monthes

2015 citanew 10mg ct after 5 to 6 monthes

April 2020 xanax .25 mg ct after 1 month

April 2020 citanew 10mg ct August 2020

several wd , insomnia, anxiety, fear, muscle spasm, weakness on left side.

i forgot to mention right now i m in big wave . i did not know and i took vitamin b12 and vitamin d which brought this wave now . i m not able to sleep from last 4 to 5 days just 2 to 3 hours broken sleep.  extereme fatigue, i was able to walk 4 to 5 km a day and now i m not even able to walk properly and cortisol starts to rush. night time sweating and burning in my skin. how vitamin b12 put me in this wave i dont know. 

• Altostrata changed the title to saimshah citanew or xanax.
  • Administrator

Welcome, @saimshah

What is the pharmacy name for citanew?

We often see that B vitamins or other supplements can cause worse withdrawal symptoms because your system is sensitized by the adverse drug events. Stay as calm as you can and let your nervous system settle down.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

its Escitalopram. just before taking vitamin b12 and vit d i was able to walk 4 to 5 km a day with minimum withdrawal and now even a slight walk put burning in my whole body and i feel extreme hotness and sweating. I get up in the morning  right at 3 or 3.30 AM with full of sweating and anxiety. will this be alright please give me some assurance. also anyway i can calm my nerves ? should i reinstate Escitalopram with minimum dose to taper things properly or i should bear the wd . I m still confused is it xanax withdrawal or Escitalopram i used xanax .25 mg between april and may 2020 for 4 to 5 weeks. As soon as  Escitalopram kicks in i stopped facing wd from xanax at that time. I just took 10 mg Escitalopram for 5 monthes between April to august 2020. please help.. my 6 monthes old baby girl on ventilator due to lunges infection and i even cant go to hospital to see her. i m very miserable right now.

My dear @saimshah, as altostrsta(the administrator) told u, supplements like b vitamins or d may cause the symptomts to be worse so a first step is to stop having them. I dont think altostrata would advise u to reinstate escitalobram because it is too long from your last dosage so reinstating wont be helpful as I always read here. As u stop b and d vitamins, you would come to good point again. After that, try to schedule your main bothering symptomts and go to forum (symptomts and self care) to see how people coped with these symptomts with non drug techniques.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

salam mustafa really nice to have a reply from you. i took vitamins last time 5 days ago total for 3 days and as soon as i started to face insomnia i stopped both of the vitamins but still after 5 days i m facing cortisol surges all the time, fast heart beat, no sleep more then 2 to 3 hours and get up every night at 3 to 3.30 AM with full of body sweats like i just took a bath. if i try to walk i face extreme exhaustion and anxiety. just 1 week before taking vitamins i was walking 4 to 5 km a day and withdrawal symtoms were very bearable. will i be able to walk again. is it withdrawal or i am facing some life threatening dease. i never faced such issues in 7 monthes from the time I ct AD. please tell how i can improve my symtom if u know something. i heared some people are talking about magnesium for CNS relief.  are they talking about magnesium vutamin or something else. will it give me any relief in my anxiety if i take it.

5 minutes ago, saimshah said:

salam mustafa really nice to have a reply from you. i took vitamins last time 5 days ago total for 3 days and as soon as i started to face insomnia i stopped both of the vitamins but still after 5 days i m facing cortisol surges all the time, fast heart beat, no sleep more then 2 to 3 hours and get up every night at 3 to 3.30 AM with full of body sweats like i just took a bath. if i try to walk i face extreme exhaustion and anxiety. just 1 week before taking vitamins i was walking 4 to 5 km a day and withdrawal symtoms were very bearable. will i be able to walk again. is it withdrawal or i am facing some life threatening dease. i never faced such issues in 7 monthes from the time I ct AD. please tell how i can improve my symtom if u know something. i heared some people are talking about magnesium for CNS relief.  are they talking about magnesium vutamin or something else. will it give me any relief in my anxiety if i take it.

It takes time for CNS to settle down even after u stopped the vitamins, so dont worry, your system will stabilize again but give it the time.

There is no fast solution to solve the problem, it is only to care yourself to be safe as much as u can until u recover from these withdrawals. This can be by eating healthy foods, avoid soda, caffine, alcohol and sugar as much as u can and smoking too.

Time still the only choice and the only way to recover from symptomts.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

One more thing to add iam sorry.

I think magnesium will bring the same effect like b vitamins so avoid it as well. @saimshah

can i eat all fruites like apple, oranges.  they also have sweet in it. is it ok to eat them ?  i will avoid all vitamins for now. i m not smoker. 

by the way how are you feeling now. i read your whole post. are you still living alone or went back with your parents.

30 minutes ago, saimshah said:

can i eat all fruites like apple, oranges.  they also have sweet in it. is it ok to eat them ?  i will avoid all vitamins for now. i m not smoker. 

I really cant give a definitive reply for this. For me, fruits were ok and became bad and I still cant determine why this happened. But if u are eating them and no problem, then dont cut them from your diet. You may also try to depend on vegetables instead of fruits, it is your choice.

Yes iam still living alone. Sometimes I go to visit my parents.

Ah, I need to add: if u are muslim, never miss your pray, it is a powerful key for u to end the journey of withdrawals.

i m asian. on our side we cook everything till all usefull ingredients are not out of food lolz just kidding . do u mean raw vegetables or cooked. yes fruits are not giving me any symtom or may be i did not think about them. what about almonds and other nuts. also olive oil . can i have them. sorry i m asking too manything .

and yes i m muslim but may be i m bad muslim. i will start to pray now. 

why i feel like i will passed out when i walk for 2 3 minutes. will this be alright ? i m scared

3 hours ago, saimshah said:

why i feel like i will passed out when i walk for 2 3 minutes. will this be alright ? i m scared

I dont think there is a problem. Just relax and dont make alot of effort. Try not to panick.

thanks for help. do u know anyone else on tbis forum who is facing same kind of issue.

i m feeling too much hunger all the time and if i dont eat in 2 to 3 hours i started to panic and my feet started to feel like very cold and sinetime burning. any idea why is it ?

i m feeling too much hunger all the time and if i dont eat in 2 to 3 hours i started to panic and my feet started to feel like very cold and sinetime burning. any idea why is it ?

5 hours ago, saimshah said:

i m feeling too much hunger all the time and if i dont eat in 2 to 3 hours i started to panic and my feet started to feel like very cold and sinetime burning. any idea why is it ?

My dear saimshah, I think binge eating is one of the common symptomts of antidepressants( taking , tapering them and stopping them).

If I were u, I would select to eat some foods that take long time to be digested, in order to stay full alot of time. And also select the foods that gives the feeling of fullness.

Try this and see.

i c thats why i m facing these issues since i started these pills and now again. but why i got panic if i dont eat. any reason ? i will try to eat more proteins now. thanks for your reply. you are so helpful. how are you feeling now ?

1 minute ago, saimshah said:

i c thats why i m facing these issues since i started these pills and now again. but why i got panic if i dont eat. any reason ? i will try to eat more proteins now. thanks for your reply. you are so helpful. how are you feeling now ?

Iam fine thanks.

Things are getting better❤🙏😉.

last night i got some sleep after 11 days. i will never touch vitamins again 😓 . i was feeling like fire going through my veins. i turned my air conditioning on just to get some relief and set it at 20 c though still winter on my side.

• Administrator

You'll pull through. Try to stay as calm as possible.

After some months, you may be able to start vitamins again, starting with very low doses.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Saimshah,

I just wanted to say thank you for posting on my feed.  I hope you get more sleep and and recover soon, I really do. 

Take care,

Crochet

2012-present - Escitalopram currently 2.55 mg

Supplements:  Daytime- Green Lipped Mussel 1200mg, Omega-3s 1710mg, Wheat Germ Oil 770mg, Sodium Butyrate 1.2g, Phosphatidylcholine 2600mg, Multi-Min 2 tablets, Liposomal Glutathione 4 pumps, Probiotic 1 capsule, Beyond Balance herbal tinctures for lyme and gut healing (including one only taken during menstruation); Nighttime - L-theanine 200mg, melatonin 1mg, magnesium glycinate 400mg.

History:

2012-2017- Escitalopram 10mg

2017-2020 - Escitalopram 5mg

07/2019-11/2019 - Valium 10mg, every 2-3 days, then stopped

11/2020 - Stopped Escitalopram 5mg abruptly (crashed January 2021)

1/2021-12/2021 - Escitalopram Reinstated 2.5mg to 5 to 10 to 7.5 and then started slow taper

1/2021-2/2021 - Ativan .5mg - Took 13.5 pills over the course of 22 days and stopped

2/2021-9/2021  Hydroxyzine - 50-100mg tapering down to .8mg, then cross-tapered to Claritin and stopped

9/2021-9/2022 - Claritin 5 mg (tapered off)

@Crochet thanks for giving me hope. my sleep was getting better but again from 2 days i am not able to sleep and cortisol rush started again. what i should do ? can i take fish oil and magnesium citrate as all others are getting to calm my nerves.

how are you feeling now ?

On 2/24/2021 at 9:12 AM, Altostrata said:

You'll pull through. Try to stay as calm as possible.

After some months, you may be able to start vitamins again, starting with very low doses.

@Altostratai am again on the point zero it seems. I could not sleep from 2 days. I was improving and all of a sudden again not able to sleep and again cortisol rushes and sweating whole night and day. did it happen to you that u are improving and all of a sudden on point zero. I m very tense right now i dont know what i should do. one thought comes in my mind start AD atleast i will be out of hell for the time being.

My dear @saimshah, sometimes u may hit waves and u may be suffering a wave now.

My advice is not to panick. Some herbs may worsen the symptomts by the way so be careful too at this point. Dont forget caffeine, soda and sugar are known to increase the symptomts and finally yes, your system may suffer ups and downs after u stop vitamins until your brain calms down. And dont forget again, u are living windows&waves patterns .

@mustafa @Altostrata do anyone face fear in wd ? I never had this before. now i m feeling fear of sitting alone , going out side even i cant shower. If i do my heart started to beat fast and have alot of sweating. what should i do ? its not in my control.

@Altostrata @mustafa today i hit by a very intense wave . whole night when i tried to sleep i was full of sweating and burning. its getting very hard for me. please help . should i start AD with small dose to keep my symtom minimum. please please reply i will die if you dont help me.

i feeling too much weakness and i cant even stand. plz help me i m dieing.

@mustafa @Altostrata please help me i beg you. i have no one else to help me except you guys. i need your support. can i start AD again and then slow taper it when i am stabilize. please atleast advice me something. it is very very hard to stay like this. i have intrusive thoughts, fear of dieing, fear of going out side, too much weakness in whole body, severe anxiety, depression, no sleep from 4 days. heart palpitations (skipping heart beat), heavy head.

• Moderator Emeritus

Are you taking any drugs or supplements?  If yes, what are they?

Have you taken any Xanax this year 2021?  If yes, when and how much?

Do you drink alcohol or consume caffeine (eg energy drinks, cola drinks, coffee)?

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@ChessieCat thanks for reply really appreciate it. my last dose of .25 mg xanax march 2020. This year i did not take anything except vitamins b and d last time on 5th of feb which put me in this big wave. I was feeling ok but all of a sudden 4 days ago my sleep has gone and since then i m having all these issues. I m not taking anything except normal food and fruites.

@ChessieCat please note after taking vitamin B12 and D on 5th of Feb i was hit by big wave which subsided gradually but again hit by severe wave on 25th Feb in that i am in now. Again i m not eating anything unusual.

6 hours ago, saimshah said:

@mustafa @Altostrata please help me i beg you. i have no one else to help me except you guys. i need your support. can i start AD again and then slow taper it when i am stabilize. please atleast advice me something. it is very very hard to stay like this. i have intrusive thoughts, fear of dieing, fear of going out side, too much weakness in whole body, severe anxiety, depression, no sleep from 4 days. heart palpitations (skipping heart beat), heavy head.

My dear saimshah,

Can u reduce sugar in your diet?

I suggest u dont eat too much fruit as it contains alot of sugar. You may also be sensitive to some types of fruits, strawberry for exapmle. For me, when I eat fruit or any sugar source, I feel like u and I dont feel any comfort unless I stop this sugar source. So I advise u to stop and eat vegetables instead. This wont be harmful to u because vegetables can give u the same benefit.

Gradually after u stop the sugar, I think u are going to be better.

Have a good day, dear.

@saimshah

One thing to add is that u must stay away of all spicy foods. Like sugar, spicy food can raise your suffer to a hard level.