saimshah citanew or xanax.

saimshah

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear @saimshahI hear how terrible the anxiety is for you.  I send you all my support.  I also experienced the symptoms you describe.  I now realize that horrible, unbearable, excruciating as they are, they will pass, and you will heal.  It takes our poor bodies time to relax.  The lack of sleep is so hard to endure, but eventually, eventually, it will get better.

I can offer you one technique that I use.  It's a trauma technique called, The Butterfly Hug:

1.  Put your right hand on your left shoulder and your left hand on your right shoulder.

2.  Tap your right hand 3 times, then tap your left hand 3 times.

3.  Repeat while breathing deeply for as long as you can.

Also during the day, rub your hands together, both hands massaging each other.  This is an old gesture, of course, but I believe there are actually studies  showing that it helps the nervous system.

I am thinking of you even if I'm not always available to reply,

Arbor

Zoloft: 1995 - 2015

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

Enalapril: 2010 - 2019

Lipitor: 2017 -2017

Metformin: 2000 - 2020

Liothyronine: 2007 - 2019

Levothyroxine: 2000 - 2022

1 hour ago, arbor said:

Dear @saimshahI hear how terrible the anxiety is for you.  I send you all my support.  I also experienced the symptoms you describe.  I now realize that horrible, unbearable, excruciating as they are, they will pass, and you will heal.  It takes our poor bodies time to relax.  The lack of sleep is so hard to endure, but eventually, eventually, it will get better.

I can offer you one technique that I use.  It's a trauma technique called, The Butterfly Hug:

1.  Put your right hand on your left shoulder and your left hand on your right shoulder.

2.  Tap your right hand 3 times, then tap your left hand 3 times.

3.  Repeat while breathing deeply for as long as you can.

Also during the day, rub your hands together, both hands massaging each other.  This is an old gesture, of course, but I believe there are actually studies  showing that it helps the nervous system.

I am thinking of you even if I'm not always available to reply,

Arbor

@arbor thank you so so much for kind words and exercise . i have started to do it now. my question is its been 8 months since i stopped AD why i m still facing these issues. is it because I CT the medicine? what are my possibilities to start taking AD again, stable myself and then taper it slowly in sone months. I never had anxiety or any such thing before taking AD.  I just had 2 panic attacks in 3 days and thats it. will I be a patient of anxiety for whole life now ? 

2010 citanew 10mg ct after 6 monthes

2015 citanew 10mg ct after 5 to 6 monthes

April 2020 xanax .25 mg ct after 1 month

April 2020 citanew 10mg ct August 2020

several wd , insomnia, anxiety, fear, muscle spasm, weakness on left side.

2 hours ago, mustafa said:

My dear saimshah,

Can u reduce sugar in your diet?

I suggest u dont eat too much fruit as it contains alot of sugar. You may also be sensitive to some types of fruits, strawberry for exapmle. For me, when I eat fruit or any sugar source, I feel like u and I dont feel any comfort unless I stop this sugar source. So I advise u to stop and eat vegetables instead. This wont be harmful to u because vegetables can give u the same benefit.

Gradually after u stop the sugar, I think u are going to be better.

Have a good day, dear.

@mustafa i m just eating apples that I will stop eating now.  Yes you are right yesterday spices were high in my food and right after that i got anxiety attacks. I will take extra care to not eat any spicy or sugary thing. I have a question from you. Will i be patient of anxiety for life time now. Before AD i was never had anxiety  just small panic attacks once or twice  a year and i was managing them without medicines. I am unlucky I met a ignorant doctor who prescribed me xanax without seeing my history and i m a bigger idiot i took xanax without investigationsnd and keep taking it for a month without knowing I m being addicted to it. Is my anxiety due to withdrawals or its real me now? 

@saimshah

I'm going through something very similar to you right now, although I'm still on a tiny bit of Escitalopram (only .67mg). Very similar story. I had a panic attack, was given a benzo, used it for too long, doctor's gave me Escitalopram. I'm telling you this because I'm still slightly on the meds and experiencing what you are, so I think introducing a tiny bit may not do much. We took the same exact meds and both us have this very bad burning sensation. It seems to let up when I'm finally able to sleep the next day, but then it cycles again until I have insomnia and don't sleep for multiple days. Does this sound familiar to you?

5/24 - Started .5mg - 1 Klonopin as needed - 7/20 - Started Lexapro 5mg (still on Klonopin) - 7/27 - Lexapro 10mg - 8/5 - Started tapering Klonopin stabilizing on a daily dose of .25mg - 8/17 - Jumped at .065 (fast taper... but it seemed to work)

8/17 - Lexapro to 9mg (time to get rid of the next drug..) - 8/29 - Lexapro to 6.5mg from 9mg (probably too fast but I had only been on Lexapro for a month so I felt like I could get away with it), 9/8-9/13 - Had alcohol all week sporadically (1 to 2 drinks) because I was feeling so much better. I tested with 1 drink, got away with it, and just kind of got excited.. ugh 

9/13 - Lexapro was down to 2.78mg (so 8/29-9/13 6.5 to 2.78mg) way too fast I know. 9/14 - Had a dentist appointment, received probably Lidocaine - Had mild anxiety in the afternoon after Novocaine wore off - 9/15 - Feels like I'm starting back into acute benzo withdrawal, 9/16 - Definitely very back into acute something, feels like Benzo withdrawal with severe burning sensation on skin, doing laps around the house. 

9/17 - Updosed Lexapro to 3.9mg 

9/19 - Updosed Lexapro more to 4.46mg

9/21-9/22 - reinstated Klonopin for 2 days .03125 mg 

9/26-10/16 - reinstated Klonopin again .03125 mg-.046875mg 

9/29-12/1 - reinstated Klonopin again - 03215mg-.065mg Klonopin

12/1 - 0 Klonopin

3/2 - .67mg Lexapro - Having a terrible month

3/12 - 0 Lexapro - advised it may actually be causing adverse side effects

6 minutes ago, dadtobe said:

@saimshah

I'm going through something very similar to you right now, although I'm still on a tiny bit of Escitalopram (only .67mg). I also started on a Benzo (Klonopin). I'm telling you this because I'm still slightly on the meds and experiencing what you are, so I think introducing a tiny bit may not do much. We took the same exact meds and both have this very bad burning sensation. It seems to let up when I'm finally able to sleep the next day, but then it cycles again until I have insomnia and don't sleep for multiple days. Does this sound familiar to you?

yes exactly this is what happening to me. if i m not able to sleep even for 1 night next night i start feeling this burning. I feel it on my neck arms and head. its so much severe i have to turn on the AC. do you think these are just wd and one day we will be out of this hell ? also i was never had anxiety just few panic attacks once in a blue moon but now it seems i have permanant anxiety. do you think it will be alright when we heal  ? 

@saimshah It's 100% caused by the meds in my opinion, but it sounds like it will take us some time for our brains to heal. I blame Escitalopram over the benzos. I don't want to believe this is permanent. It'd be good if we could find a survivor of this. I'll maybe search around SA, or maybe someone reading this can let us know of one to give us some hope but a lot of people drop off SA after they feel better. But just like when you post in a panic I feel the exact same way (I slept last night which is the only reason I can write this calmly today). I've talked to probably 6+ doctors who have never heard of this in their experience. But we are out there. 

Do you get hypnic jerks when you try to fall asleep as well? Like where your body wakes you up just as you fall asleep?

Exact same as you, before this I enjoyed stress, but had a panic attack when things got overly stressful. Was given a benzo, ended up on an anti-depressant, and now my body can't handle even a mild stressor. If before the meds I could handle stress fine, and after I can't, you cannot tell me that my condition has just got worse, and say I need more meds. It's pretty obvious the medication sensitized us and it's going to take us some time to desensitize.  I've had a couple good months with only a couple minor episodes, and I thought I was improving or getting it under control, but then things got bad about a month ago for me because of a big stressor. Even though the stressor doesn't bother me anymore, my body hasn't let up since. It seems to me the only way to get better is to get sleep, and then avoid literally all stress possible. So that's what I'm trying to aim for right now as best as I can.  

I keep a daily log of the hours I slept the night before as well as some notes about the day, and a % of how I feel I felt that day. It allows me to see my progress. If you're not doing that already it might be helpful. A lot of people do food logs, but I stopped doing that since my diet is so plain now, I never really saw a correlation with what I ate and what was causing the burning. 

It would be good to stay in touch, and compare notes. I'm really trying to focus on making sure I sleep even if it means forcing myself to lie down and sit still and just lay there for hours.   I finally got my doctor to provide me something for sleep and a benzo incase things get really bad again. I'm doing my best not to take them but sometimes just knowing they're available is comforting. 

A couple of things I've tried recently.

1) I had hypnic jerks last night, after falling asleep probably 10+ times I took magnesium, tried again and fell asleep finally. So that might be useful.

2) I read that Potassium might help with the burning. Someone mentioned 99mg tablets, but that's literally 2% of your daily value. I've been drinking coconut water which has like 600mg (and a little bit of sugar). Bananas have like 400. I can't say for certain it's helping, but I think it might when the burning isn't so active. 

We'll make it through this! 

5/24 - Started .5mg - 1 Klonopin as needed - 7/20 - Started Lexapro 5mg (still on Klonopin) - 7/27 - Lexapro 10mg - 8/5 - Started tapering Klonopin stabilizing on a daily dose of .25mg - 8/17 - Jumped at .065 (fast taper... but it seemed to work)

8/17 - Lexapro to 9mg (time to get rid of the next drug..) - 8/29 - Lexapro to 6.5mg from 9mg (probably too fast but I had only been on Lexapro for a month so I felt like I could get away with it), 9/8-9/13 - Had alcohol all week sporadically (1 to 2 drinks) because I was feeling so much better. I tested with 1 drink, got away with it, and just kind of got excited.. ugh 

9/13 - Lexapro was down to 2.78mg (so 8/29-9/13 6.5 to 2.78mg) way too fast I know. 9/14 - Had a dentist appointment, received probably Lidocaine - Had mild anxiety in the afternoon after Novocaine wore off - 9/15 - Feels like I'm starting back into acute benzo withdrawal, 9/16 - Definitely very back into acute something, feels like Benzo withdrawal with severe burning sensation on skin, doing laps around the house. 

12/1 - 0 Klonopin

On 2/14/2021 at 11:28 AM, saimshah said:

i took citanew 10mg first time in 2010 for 6 mothes mainly for panic attacks and ct . once again i took it again in 2015 for 5 to 6 monthes and stopped it ct without any withdrawals effects.

In april 2020 i took antibiotics which increased my heart rate and i got panic and doc gave me xanax .25 mg for 30 days generally for relaxation and keep my panic under control but it gave me adverse reaction . i did not realize i m having panic attacks breathing issues anxiety just because of xanax. its half life is 8 hours and i was just taking 1 tablet .25 mg at night time . i switched my doc and new doc started me on citanew and said ct xanax when citanew kicks in. anyway on 13th May 2020 i ct xanax and citanew really controlled my symtoms. i did a big mistake and again ct citanew in august 2020 . In September i started to have severe panic attacks , sugar crashes, full body weakness, fear to go out side, muscles spasm.  i dont know now these are withdrawal of xanax or citanew.  i need advise from you all . what i should do ? should i reinstate citanew with minimum dosage or face the withdrawal. its almost 7 monthes from the time i have ct citanew and i m living in hell. please help.

What was your adverse reaction to Xanax?

12/1 - 0 Klonopin

you are absolutely right about stress. i am also running my own IT business with 1000s of clients and never stress out but now i cant even talk to the client as it gives me stress. i am not even able to go out of house asvmy heart starts to beat fast and i freaked out. my symtom started right after I took vitamins b12 and D on 5th of Feb. In the start burning was very extreme and i was  not able to sleep for more then 10 days. Now it is getting better. From last few days i m again not able to sleep and again burning has started. As soon as I start panic or anxious burning starts. There is a strange thing i found. If i meditate I feel good and burning stops for sometime. I also get up at 3 Am everyday with full of sweating and burning. I meditate for 10 minutes and again able to sleep for few hours but overall my sleep is broken. I guess till our sleeep is not retunred we will not heal from it. I m really thinking to start AD again and taper it slowly as right now my baby girl of 6 months is on vent and she really needs me and my wife is alone handling her. 

4 minutes ago, dadtobe said:

What was your adverse reaction to Xanax?

it was giving me extreme anxiety and more panic attacks. stupid doc prescribed me only for night and half life of xanax is 8 to 9 hours if i m not wrong. as soon as half life was completing i started to have extreme panic attacks, anxiety, breathing problems jelly legs and alot small issues which i dont remember now. 

12 minutes ago, saimshah said:

you are absolutely right about stress. i am also running my own IT business with 1000s of clients and never stress out but now i cant even talk to the client as it gives me stress. i am not even able to go out of house asvmy heart starts to beat fast and i freaked out. my symtom started right after I took vitamins b12 and D on 5th of Feb. In the start burning was very extreme and i was  not able to sleep for more then 10 days. Now it is getting better. From last few days i m again not able to sleep and again burning has started. As soon as I start panic or anxious burning starts. There is a strange thing i found. If i meditate I feel good and burning stops for sometime. I also get up at 3 Am everyday with full of sweating and burning. I meditate for 10 minutes and again able to sleep for few hours but overall my sleep is broken. I guess till our sleeep is not retunred we will not heal from it. I m really thinking to start AD again and taper it slowly as right now my baby girl of 6 months is on vent and she really needs me and my wife is alone handling her. 

That is very tough! I also own a business, so it's impossible to get breaks but thankfully has allowed me the time to take days off when things are bad. Sorry to hear about your baby girl. That is a tough choice. I'm tempted to go back up on the meds too if I don't get better in the next month or two. If you do decide to go back on definitely let me know. If it works for you, I'd be tempted to try it as well. Just to get some relief, remove the stress from my life, and then try to taper off again. 

12/1 - 0 Klonopin

@dadtobe right now i m just trying to cope these issues. If I could not get better in a month or so i will definitely go on AD, stable myself and then taper it slowly.

@dadtobe i have ct lexapro two times in the past and never faced any issue. I guess our burning is related to benzo just my thought. what do you say about it ?

28 minutes ago, saimshah said:

@dadtobe i have ct lexapro two times in the past and never faced any issue. I guess our burning is related to benzo just my thought. what do you say about it ?

It could very well be. I've sort of been guessing back and forth as well. I originally thought I was in benzo withdrawal, but I've been on benzos for 3 months now and I got the burning sensation. I'm not saying that the benzo withdrawal doesn't come in waves but it seems we should have had this issue immediately following going off the benzos and I seemed to notice the burning after going down on the Escitalopram. That's not to say that we don't have sensitized nervous systems because of the benzo, and that the anti-depressant is actually suppressing that. It's a toss up, which is what makes this whole thing so challenging. Do we go back on the meds, never touch them again, which med to go on, etc.  I do know that going on and off the meds a few times does seem to sensitize us a bit more every time. Which is maybe why the first 2 times it was no problem and the 3rd time it caused issues. But again, it's all a guess right?

12/1 - 0 Klonopin

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, saimshah said:

is it because I CT the medicine? what are my possibilities to start taking AD again, stable myself and then taper it slowly in sone months. I never had anxiety or any such thing before taking AD.  I just had 2 panic attacks in 3 days and thats it. will I be a patient of anxiety for whole life now ? 

Dear @saimshah I can't advise you about reinstating because I am a new moderator and don't know enough yet about Citanew, specifically.  When they are less busy, a more experienced moderator will offer guidance in how you might weigh your choices.  What I can share is my experience after an ignorant, fairly hasty taper off Prozac and not long after, off Gabapentin.  This you can find in my Introduction.  At about the same time into my withdrawal as you are now, I contacted my doctor about reinstatement.  His lack of interest, concern, or knowledge compared to the collected wisdom on this site, persuaded me not to reinstate and to wait for awhile instead.  Above all, it seemed to me that too much time had elapsed for a reinstatement to likely be helpful--based on the experiences reported by others here.  I have been a "basket case" so I can't say anything except, Hold on, keep meditating, practice deep compassion for yourself and accept it fully from others.  I found the whole experience terrifying.  When your mind is captured by negative thoughts, remember they are neuro-emotions, a symptom of withdrawal.  Don't let the symptoms spook you.  They will pass though it may take such a long time.  Do what you can to feel safe moment by moment.  

I strongly believe, would even bet on it, that the frequency of panic attacks will subside.  I haven't reached the place where they have gone completely away, but I have surprised myself recently, by thinking there's a better chance that they will become a problem of the past.  I certainly believe you will not be a patient of anxiety for your whole life.  I feel very strongly that you have a good chance to recover from this nightmare.  As they say, Patience is the hardest virtue--and especially when we're in such unbelievable misery.

Hang in there, Saimshah--I so look forward to you being well.

Arbor 

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

Hi Saimshah,

Just know that I am thinking about you and wishing for your quick return to health.  You said that everything feels out of your control, and I agree.  It's exhausting.

Take care,

Crochet

2012-present - Escitalopram currently 2.55 mg

Supplements:  Daytime- Green Lipped Mussel 1200mg, Omega-3s 1710mg, Wheat Germ Oil 770mg, Sodium Butyrate 1.2g, Phosphatidylcholine 2600mg, Multi-Min 2 tablets, Liposomal Glutathione 4 pumps, Probiotic 1 capsule, Beyond Balance herbal tinctures for lyme and gut healing (including one only taken during menstruation); Nighttime - L-theanine 200mg, melatonin 1mg, magnesium glycinate 400mg.

History:

2012-2017- Escitalopram 10mg

2017-2020 - Escitalopram 5mg

07/2019-11/2019 - Valium 10mg, every 2-3 days, then stopped

11/2020 - Stopped Escitalopram 5mg abruptly (crashed January 2021)

1/2021-12/2021 - Escitalopram Reinstated 2.5mg to 5 to 10 to 7.5 and then started slow taper

1/2021-2/2021 - Ativan .5mg - Took 13.5 pills over the course of 22 days and stopped

2/2021-9/2021  Hydroxyzine - 50-100mg tapering down to .8mg, then cross-tapered to Claritin and stopped

9/2021-9/2022 - Claritin 5 mg (tapered off)

@dadtobe  when I ct xanax in May 2020  I remember I was having same night sweating during sleep for many days. Now after taking vitamins I m facing same night sweating with burning. It may be xanax withdrawal that rises after quitting AD and sensitized the CNS by taking vitamins just my thought.

Today I did not have any burning by the way only sweating with broken sleep. I did mediate alot with breathing exercises. I guess we have to live life along with it and accept it and may be one day we will be alright.

@Crochet thanks for coming by and asking for my situation. Yes its very frustrating and need patience which i dont have by nature. Now i am trying to keep my self calm all the time and practicing meditation which really gave me relief a bit. How are you doing now?

13 hours ago, arbor said:

Dear @saimshah I can't advise you about reinstating because I am a new moderator and don't know enough yet about Citanew, specifically.  When they are less busy, a more experienced moderator will offer guidance in how you might weigh your choices.  What I can share is my experience after an ignorant, fairly hasty taper off Prozac and not long after, off Gabapentin.  This you can find in my Introduction.  At about the same time into my withdrawal as you are now, I contacted my doctor about reinstatement.  His lack of interest, concern, or knowledge compared to the collected wisdom on this site, persuaded me not to reinstate and to wait for awhile instead.  Above all, it seemed to me that too much time had elapsed for a reinstatement to likely be helpful--based on the experiences reported by others here.  I have been a "basket case" so I can't say anything except, Hold on, keep meditating, practice deep compassion for yourself and accept it fully from others.  I found the whole experience terrifying.  When your mind is captured by negative thoughts, remember they are neuro-emotions, a symptom of withdrawal.  Don't let the symptoms spook you.  They will pass though it may take such a long time.  Do what you can to feel safe moment by moment.  

I strongly believe, would even bet on it, that the frequency of panic attacks will subside.  I haven't reached the place where they have gone completely away, but I have surprised myself recently, by thinking there's a better chance that they will become a problem of the past.  I certainly believe you will not be a patient of anxiety for your whole life.  I feel very strongly that you have a good chance to recover from this nightmare.  As they say, Patience is the hardest virtue--and especially when we're in such unbelievable misery.

Hang in there, Saimshah--I so look forward to you being well.

Arbor 

@arbor thank you so much for suggestion. do you feel any burning when walk for few minuts ? I dont know whats wrong with me . I just drived my car for 2 minutes and burning started again. I was calm and nothing unusal happened while driving then why burning and panicking :( I try to stay calm but again these issues breaks me. What if i go on AD again stable myself and then slowly taper after 5 to 6 months. Please suggest is it something i should do or not ?

19 hours ago, saimshah said:

@mustafa i m just eating apples that I will stop eating now.  Yes you are right yesterday spices were high in my food and right after that i got anxiety attacks. I will take extra care to not eat any spicy or sugary thing. I have a question from you. Will i be patient of anxiety for life time now. Before AD i was never had anxiety  just small panic attacks once or twice  a year and i was managing them without medicines. I am unlucky I met a ignorant doctor who prescribed me xanax without seeing my history and i m a bigger idiot i took xanax without investigationsnd and keep taking it for a month without knowing I m being addicted to it. Is my anxiety due to withdrawals or its real me now? 

No, this is not u at all. These are withdrawals from the drugs. Once u recover, you will be back to the point you were at before starting drugs. Dont worry and just think about how to be safe as much as u can because this would bring stability to your system.

One more advice I want to give and you may like to do it or not, it is up to u but, reading in quran makes healing faster. I know this cause I tried it my self. You can read a chapter or even half chapter a day. This will bring u extra strength🙏.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

@mustafa brother thanks alot for your reassurance that i will not have this anxiety for whole life. I will start reading quran from today. Its a very good advice that you gave me. 

How are you doing today ? Any betterment in your wds ? 

Thanks once again for helping me during my WDs. It really gives me alot of courage to fight with WDs.

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, saimshah said:

do you feel any burning when walk for few minuts ? I dont know whats wrong with me . I just drived my car for 2 minutes and burning started again. I was calm and nothing unusal happened while driving then why burning and panicking :( I try to stay calm but again these issues breaks me. 

Hello, @saimshah--I believe you are experiencing the kind of withdrawal symptoms that many of us experience.  It feels irrational.  Eventually your body and mind will sort out the confusion.   I suggest you go to the Forums Section and under that, Symptoms and Self-care.  There you will find extensive conversations dealing with many of your questions.  

Whenever anything comes up, relax your body as much as you can from head to toe.  Often driving right now is too stimulating.  This will change, you will get better, @saimshah.  It's important to avoid as much stress as possible.

Allow yourself to rest--

My thoughts are with you,

Arbor

Hi Saimshah,

Thanks for checking in on me.  I'm doing okay, getting through each day and trying to make plans as best I can, trying to avoid stress, although wanting terribly to go about my regular life.  And I know you want that as well, I wish for fast recovery for you and that you can spend quality time with your family.

Take care,

Crochet

Supplements:  Daytime- Green Lipped Mussel 1200mg, Omega-3s 1710mg, Wheat Germ Oil 770mg, Sodium Butyrate 1.2g, Phosphatidylcholine 2600mg, Multi-Min 2 tablets, Liposomal Glutathione 4 pumps, Probiotic 1 capsule, Beyond Balance herbal tinctures for lyme and gut healing (including one only taken during menstruation); Nighttime - L-theanine 200mg, melatonin 1mg, magnesium glycinate 400mg.

History:

1/2021-12/2021 - Escitalopram Reinstated 2.5mg to 5 to 10 to 7.5 and then started slow taper

1/2021-2/2021 - Ativan .5mg - Took 13.5 pills over the course of 22 days and stopped

2/2021-9/2021  Hydroxyzine - 50-100mg tapering down to .8mg, then cross-tapered to Claritin and stopped

@Altostrata @mustafa @arbortonight was a nightmare for me . i could not sleep as soon as i fall sleep i started to have extreme burning and sweating. do anyone else face such thing ?

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear @saimshah--Please know that you are not alone.  In the beginning I used an icepack to help me stay cooler.  Every time you can stay calm and breathe, you help your body recover.  

All my best to you.  I hold the thought of you feeling better.

Arbor

Checking in - how are you?

History:

On 3/2/2021 at 10:14 PM, arbor said:

Dear @saimshah--Please know that you are not alone.  In the beginning I used an icepack to help me stay cooler.  Every time you can stay calm and breathe, you help your body recover.  

All my best to you.  I hold the thought of you feeling better.

Arbor

@arbor are you still feeling burning or its ok now. if its ok now then how long did it take to heal ? 

3 hours ago, Crochet said:

Checking in - how are you?

@Crochet now i m feeling better as compare to before but still have alot of morning anxiety and strange fear in mind. no clue what it is. 

how are you doing now any improvrments ?

Hi Saimshah,

I'm really glad that you have experienced improvements and I'm sorry that the fear and anxiety are still there.

I'm struggling. Finding it hard to remain positive today.  It's been almost two months since I reinstated and the improvements haven't been huge.  Thanks for checking in.

Take care,

Crochet

History:

@Crochet yes things getting better but still i m having fear to go out side, driving and stuff like that.

what are your symtoms? 

These are my current symptoms:

• Trouble concentrating / difficulty with word recall
  • Insomnia (but has gotten better)
  • Anxiety/panic
  • Chest tightness and pain, toxic feelings running through me
  • Feeling detached/unreal (but has gotten better)
  • Base of spine tingles sometimes
  • Head buzzing
  • Jolt awake and my body vibrates (but sleep jerks have lessened)
  • Inability to access positive feelings (but has gotten better)

History:

@Crochet you will be alright things will settle down. do not panic. just think these are temoporary and one day they will subside.

@mustafa @Altostrata  @arbor Guys from last 2 days my burning has reduced from 10 to 1 or 2 now. My sleep is also getting better and I can sleep 5 to 6 hours daily now. My only symtom is fear and its very strange kind of fear which is stopping me to go out side or do any outside activity. Is it normal in wd ? Anyone facing any such symtom please I need reassursnce i will be alright soon.

Thanks for the kind words, Saimshah.  The fear does seem to be normal during WD.

History:

the same fear thoughts come in my mind again and again and increase my anxiety along with head pain. I m atleast 8 months out from AD and 11 months from benzo i dont know why still facing such things.

• Moderator Emeritus
55 minutes ago, saimshah said:

Guys from last 2 days my burning has reduced from 10 to 1 or 2 now. My sleep is also getting better and I can sleep 5 to 6 hours daily now.

Dear @saimshah  This is wonderful news.  Such a sign that recovery is on the way.  

The fear has been very difficult for me as well.  Have you found anything that helps you deal with it?  I'm using meditation .  It's very slow, but I think it's helping.

All my best to you!  Arbor

last night was again very tense on me. again same burning and sweating started again. also my whole body is feeling weakness. I do not how long i will suffer from these wds now. I m seeiously thinking to start AD and taper it slowly in few months. please anyone give me some suggestions.