Anahita1141: ask for help

Anahita1141

Hello Altostrata,

After nearly one month insomnia,my psychiatrist perscribed me trazodon for sleep.

I even tried melatonin but it made me so depressed and and nervous and beside of that one month insomnia took me to the border of suicide. 

I dont know weather it exist a medication safer than trazodon for sleep or no,because I read horrible side effect about it ,even it can become toxic in some cases.If you know better medication for insomnia I can talk about it with my psychiatrist. 

However I would like to know trazodon at 50mg ,raise prolactin level and cause problem in women for their menstrual period?
Thanks in advance

Clomipramin (more than 10 years)

tapering gradually and at last 5mg by 5mg until 15mg nearly 2 months ago then I withdraw it. about 5 days ago I started it again at 25mg dosage on april 2021.

Seroquel 25mg recentlytook it nearly 4  nights on april 2021 .some years ago I was on it also but little by little I reached to zero. 

Clonazepam 2 mg its a long time I am on this medication. (More than 15 years)

Trazodon 50mg (5 days)  April 2021

Melatonin (2 weeks taking stoped because of depression) April 2021

Doxepine (started 18 may 2021)

Omega 3 ,Magnesium glycinate,April 2021

Vitamin B6

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Anahita, please add your posts to this topic. This is your Introductions topic.

2.5 mg for several days

tapering gradually and at last 5mg by 5mg until 15mg nearly 2 months ago then I withdraw it. about 5 days ago I started it again at 25mg dosage on april 2021.

Seroquel 25mg recentlytook it nearly 4  nights on april 2021 .some years ago I was on it also but little by little I reached to zero. 

Vitamin B6

17 minutes ago, Anahita1141 said:

2.5 mg for several days

Thank you  for giving me this space to add my posts.

Vitamin B6

13 hours ago, Anahita1141 said:

2.5 mg for several days

Hello,as its nearly 2 weeks that my psychiatrist increased the dosage of clonazepam to 2mg and above it I take trazodon 50mg ,and clomipramin 20mg.

Some withdrawal symptoms if clomipramin still exist like sore eyes,intolerance to food,and my body is not still stable.

But I have a question ,as these medications seems too much for me now ,can I taper clonazpam? 

and about tapering clonzpam especially the last 0.5 dosage ,should I taper it by 10% method or I can taper 25% ?

Thank you very much

Vitamin B6

• Administrator

Anahita, please add your posts to this topic, do not start new topics in the Introductions forum.

What times of day do you take clonazepam, at what dosages? What times of day do you take your other drugs, with their dosages?

Please update your signature with the dates your drug dosages were increased.

If 2.5mg melatonin helps you sleep for a couple of hours, which you'd expect from melatonin, but made you depressed, did you try less than 2.5mg?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Sure ,I hope this place would be good to continue my posts.

I take all of my medications at the bed time.

I didnt try less than 2.5mg melatonin ,because when I was on it , day after day I became more depressed and nervous even to the border of suicide,so I stoped it.

I contacted with my psychiatrist and he prescribed me trazodon 50mg.

After 2 night of taking trazadone, those horrible feelings are becoming better,and I can sleep at night. But the very next day  ,I find myself very confused and I feel I really dont want to come out of bed.

on the other hand some withdrawal symptoms of clomipramine still persist, like sore eyes and intolerance to food.

By the way I want to know can I reduce clonazepam, as its about two weeks that I increased 0.5mg more to it and how should I decreace it ?25% of 0.5 mg is ok for start?I have another question about cannabis oil for insomnia,is it safer than trazodone? 

I dont know how long this trazodone could work for me ,I find out that its risky to take it with clomipramine, and in some cases it shows adverse effects after several time ,by the way tapering it is very difficult.

Huge thanks

Vitamin B6

• Administrator

What times of day (o'clock) are you taking your drugs, at what dosages?

Please do not change dosages of any drugs until we get your schedule sorted out. Too much clonazepam may be causing your symptoms, not the melatonin.

In the meantime, you might try 0.5mg melatonin.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Dear Alto,

Many thanks for your reply ,I listened to my psychiatrist how increased clonzpam to 2mg which doesnt help me for sleep at all!

Its about 5 night I am taking trazodone 50mg for sleep ,at first it was helpful but its about 2 night it doesnt work anymore for my sleep!

I dont know weather I can put it aside or withdrawal syndromes come from it to me!

I am terribly affraid next time I talk with my psychiatrist he would prescribe me seroquel, which when I took it before and  I felt pain in my heart!

I will try 0.5mg melatonin ,but my insomnia is very powefull 

I really dont know what to do with this horrifying insomnia!

Vitamin B6

• Administrator

Please read my posts carefully and answer them completely.

22 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What times of day (o'clock) are you taking your drugs, at what dosages?

Please do not change dosages of any drugs until we get your schedule sorted out. Too much clonazepam may be causing your symptoms, not the melatonin.

In the meantime, you might try 0.5mg melatonin.

Dear Alto,

Many thanks for your reply ,I listened to my psychiatrist how increased clonzpam to 2mg which doesnt help me for sleep at all!

I take all my medications at bed time.

Its about 5 night I am taking trazodone 50mg for sleep ,at first it was helpful but its about 2 night it doesnt work anymore for my sleep!

I dont know weather I can put it aside or withdrawal syndromes come from it to me!

I am terribly affraid next time I talk with my psychiatrist he would prescribe me seroquel, which when I took it before and  I felt pain in my heart!

I will try 0.5mg melatonin ,but my insomnia is very powefull 

I really dont know what to do with this horrifying insomnia!

Vitamin B6

• Administrator

For the third time, what time o'clock do you take each of your drugs, with their dosages?

Dear Alto,

I take all of my medications at bed time.

Vitamin B6

Hello,

As my withdrawal symptoms with clomipramine still persist(insomnia,anxiety ,intolerance to food, depression)and  its about 7 weeks that I am on 20 mg of this drug. I would like to know is not better for me to increase clomipramine to 25mg ?as it is h1 blocker also. Can it help me stabilize my body sooner?

Thanks alot 

Vitamin B6

Hello ,

Az trazodone didnt help me to sleep ,I stopped it after 5 nights. Its been nearly 2 months I am suffering from insomnia. Its very difficult.  

Due to fast tapering of clomipramine, my body shows high tolerance towards clonazpam 

I tried anything possible,meditation, yoga,relaxation,melatonin, nothing worked!

I dont think I would have other way except taking seroquel.

Do you have any other suggestion for me?

Thank you,

Vitamin B6

Hello,

I reallly dont know what to do ! Insomnia is killing me.

I stopped trazodone because it didnt help me to sleep after 3 nights.

Due to clomipramine withdrawal, my body becomes tolerant to clonazepam and it doesnt help me to sleep at all!

I even tried 12mg of seroquel but it made me so depressed. 

Is it possible that I switch to another benzo or z drug ?

Thank you so much

Vitamin B6

• Administrator

@Anahita1141 for the FOURTH TIME, what time o'clock do you take each of your drugs, with their dosages?

I have no idea what time is your bed time.

How do you feel before and after you take your drugs?

Please DO NOT START ANY MORE TOPICS in the Introductions forum. Put your questions in this topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply. 

I take all my medications around 12 at night.

Its about 3 months that I am not able to sleep. This insomnia is torturing me.

But there is no heal! My body has developed tolerance towards clonazepam.

I take Clomipramine 25mg,clonazepam 2mg

Supplement:vitamin  b6 , omega 3 and magnesium glycinate. 

Would you please tell me what to do?

Vitamin B6

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

You take clonazepam, clomipramine, and doxepin at midnight? Why do you take them all at the same time?

What times of day do you take clonazepam, with the dosages?

If the doxepin isn't helping, why are you continuing to take it?

Hello, Thanks alot for your reply.

Yes ,I take all these medications at midnight ,but unfortunately I cant sleep! I take clonazepam (2mg) at midnight .I suppose my body has developed tolerance towards it.

About doxepin , which doesnt help me to fall in sleep , I am reducing it,each night a quarter of it.I was affraid, if I stop it suddenly, it would be a cold turkey ,and terribel symptoms come to me.

I really dont know what to do with insomnia , I even thought it might become better by time ,but its a bout 3 months that I am suffering from insomnia . 

Vitamin B6