☼ Floss: Set back

Im sure i have a signature, is there much point me holding on now ive takibg this ativan , feel i hace failed , i was 5 montgs out from the setback now have i gine back 5 months 

Polly drugged in 2019 adverse reaction , celexa , cymbalta, mirtazapeine , quitiapeiene , valium for one day , amitryptaline all given over 4/5 months . 

recovered april 2020 

setback by a steroid 2021 

Im

also scared ive got akathisia, this is been scarring me  months , do you think i have ? 
i get agitated in my legs on and off and a uti pain , morning anxiety and anxiety over this worry , i feel suicidal thinking and researching it , scared its a permanent condition , i sometimes panic so much i make myself sick and come over hot and sweaty and then think this must be it starting now . I cant live like this for much longer , i can barely distract at all , first i thought  the steroid must have caused it now im scrared the 1.5 of the ativan has , please what are your thoughts on this ? 

Polly drugged in 2019 adverse reaction , celexa , cymbalta, mirtazapeine , quitiapeiene , valium for one day , amitryptaline all given over 4/5 months . 

recovered april 2020 

• Moderator Emeritus

When you joined SA you completed a drug history.  This is only visible to staff.

The drug signature that Alto requested is different.  It appears below every post you make (it can be seen by all members) and allows the staff to see your drug history at a glance and not have to waste time reading back through your posts to get the information.  The drug signature needs to be updated whenever you make a change, with the date and dose so that it remains current.

This explains what is needed.  Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

This link goes to the area where you create your drug signature.  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

After you type your signature in the box, remember to click on Save underneath the box.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Why are my questions un answered 

recovered april 2020 

• Moderator Emeritus

Because Altostrata is very busy at this time.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Administrator

@Floss, if you've had a bad reaction to a steroid, we don't have any magic solutions for you.

On 10/23/2021 at 3:36 PM, Altostrata said:

After a drug reaction, symptoms tend to slowly fade over weeks. 

You'll have to be patient and let them fade. If you continue to take lorazepam twice a day, you'll probably have to taper off it to minimize withdrawal symptoms.

Please update your signature with the date you went on and off the steroid.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Im

scared its permanent, i feel

like im in withdrawal again still  , took the steroid in june . I honestly font know how to cope 

recovered april 2020 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

@Floss What we see here over and over, for all kinds of drugs, is that adverse reactions fade over time. You need to be patient. This is applies to steroids, too.

As we don't actually support steroid withdrawal here, we don't have any specific advice about what to do about the symptoms. For psychiatric drugs, many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see

https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you. Please let us know how you’re doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

hello Floss, how are you now?

Xanax 0.4mg on and off only for bedtime occasionally from 2015

2019.6 Xanax Inter-dose withdraw after 8 weeks continuous usage 

2019.6.3 100mg Zoloft

2019.6.27 CT 0.4mg Xanax cross over to 7.14mg Valium 75mg Trazodone

2019.8.29 Jumped Valium at 0.5mg

2019.12.15 Jumped Zoloft at 4mg

2020.1.4 Jumped Trazodone at 5mg

2020.6.1 95% healed with no symptoms and sleep very well

2021.4.6 Reinstated 1mg Zoloft and 10mg x3 Tandospirone for anxiety setback from antibiotics 2021.4.25 0.5mg Zoloft and 10mg x3 Tandospirone 2021.5.7 Jumped Zoloft at 0.25mg as adverse effects 2021.6.2Tapered and jumped Tandospirone as mild serotonin syndrome Couldn’t take Seremind (Lavender oil) neither it could also cause the serotonin syndrome 2021.6.13 1mg Cyproheptadine before bed and got better and better 2021.8.13 Bad wave don’t know if triggered by chocolate ice cream

• 1 month later...
  • Mentor

Hey @Floss sending you peace and healing.

- Escitalopram 10mg from ages 15 - 21

- Severe crash after 4 month taper to 0

- Reinstated, stabilized, slowly tapering.

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." - Hellen Keller

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• 7 months later...

Hi , it’s floss here I wanted to say I’m recovering and functioning now , I don’t want to go into detail as I’m just not ready to do that . I absolutely love my family and  I’m back to being a full time mum to my 4 beautiful children . I would like to ask the moderators if they could please delete some of my very upsetting posts because I wouldn’t like someone else to read them and feel scared , I think there’s a couple. I was so unwell back then and had no where else to go to express the pain I was going through . Thank you to who ever supported me , I won’t be replying to any posts as I find it triggering to just come back and post tbh , I’m not sure when or if I’ll ever be back here but I want to wish you all the best in your healing ❤️

Edited by ChessieCat
edited out unneccessary information which was provided to staff

recovered april 2020 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 9/11/2022 at 8:23 AM, Floss said:

I would like to ask the moderators if they could please delete some of my very upsetting posts because I wouldn’t like someone else to read them and feel scared

HI Floss,

Part of SA's mission is to educate the medical community about the effect that psychiatric drugs and trying to get of them can have on people.  The posts that you think are upsetting are what they need to know about.  However peoples' lives are affected.  Each member's Introduction topic is a case study.  Some research papers have been written using information from SA.

Please see:

On 5/15/2011 at 5:22 AM, Altostrata said:

This site is also a research project. The personal stories on this site are documentation of an iatrogenic condition -- suffering caused by medical treatment -- that is almost always ignored, misdiagnosed, or denied by the medical establishment. Given the widespread prescription of antidepressants to tens of millions of people worldwide, withdrawal syndrome probably affects hundreds of thousands if not millions -- including newborns and children.

Antidepressant withdrawal syndrome can last weeks, months, or years. It can be distressing, debilitating, or even disabling. It may be adding to an increase in what is termed disabling mental illness.

With our documentation of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome, we hope to educate the medical establishment about this problem. Case studies are essential; they are evidence understood by doctors, the psychiatric industry, and government regulatory agencies. The have already informed numerous articles in major publications and scientific papers.

Our hope is, eventually, antidepressants and other psychiatric drugs will be prescribed rarely, and only in cases of extremely severe mental illness after less invasive treatments have been tried.

Please join Surviving Antidepressants in its mission to support, document, and educate about psychiatric drug withdrawal syndrome.

• Administrator

Your posts are fine, @Floss

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

Please see this topic:  How to write your success story