BigAng5815: How long is Wellbutrin withdrawal likely to last if I was only on it for 5 weeks?

BigAng5815

Hello everyone I’m new to the site and I’m just very worried about what Wellbutrin might have done to me.

I had a psychotic episode about a year ago and have have mild Anhedonia since but it wasn’t extreme like it is now.

I took Wellbutrin for 3 weeks straight and then got off of it for a week because I thought it was working. I then got back on after that week and stay on it for a week. I got back off for a week and took it again for a week and now I’ve finally gotten off of it completely. In total I took it for 5 weeks but I’ve been off of it for 2 weeks now. I’m starting to get really worried because I haven’t really seen improvement in much symptoms. 

the symptoms I’m having now are my Anhedonia is worse, memory problems, brain fog, don’t really have my vivid imaginations now, and now I’m having vivid dreams every single night. I’m really hoping this isn’t a long term thing this is really hard to handle. Even when I had mild Anhedonia I could still enjoy music but now I can’t even enjoy that I’m starting to get really worried that Wellbutrin might have messed me up long term even though I was only on it for 5 weeks. I was only on Wellbutrin at the time so nothing else medication wise could have caused me to have these symptoms. I’m really hoping these withdrawal symptoms don’t last a long time.

• ChessieCat changed the title to BigAng5815: How long is Wellbutrin withdrawal likely to last if I was only on it for 5 weeks?
  • Administrator

Welcome, @BigAng5815

What were you treated with when you had that episode you describe as psychotic? Are you still taking that drug? If not, how did you go off it?

Over what period did you take Wellbutrin off and on? How did you finally go off? What symptoms did you have after? How have they changed over 5 weeks? What is your sleep pattern?

Many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see

https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you. Please let us know how you’re doing.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.