Bobby23: Quit Effexor and then Pristiq now on Seroquel

Bobby23

I was on Effexor for 60 days. From 37.5 to 112.5. Then straight switch to pristiq due to migraines. Pristiq was 50mg for 25 days.

I was told to stop cold turkey by my psychiatrist.

I suffered withdrawals of brain zaps and dizziness. For 4 weeks

at 7 weeks I started to experience adrenaline rushes and extreme nausea

and really high anxiety. I was losing weight rapidly. My psych has put me on serequal to try and stabilise. Should I continue this plan or am I killing myself slowly.
I was not functioning and highly suicidal 

please advise and any help would be greatly appreciated  

Welcome @Bobby23

I am sorry you are going through this and are suffering, but relieved you have found us.  What date did you stop Effexor? What date did you stop Pristiq? Are you experiencing side effects on Seroquel? How were you feeling before starting Effexor?

To help us better advise you, can you please create a signature with all of the drugs that you are taking and have been taking in the last couple of years following these instructions:

How to List Drug History in Signature

When we have a few more details, we will be in a better position to offer support and suggestions.

Edited by Kiasofia

These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I have learned, not medical advice.

Drug history

2002-2019 Citalopram/Escitalopram, Lamictal
2019 April Escitalopram, quit at 10mg (withdrawal), Oct Escitalopram 10mg reinstated, quit after a few days (adverse reaction)

2019 Oct Lamictal cut from 200mg to 100mg
2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

2020 Aug-Nov Lamictal tapered to 50 mg

2020 Nov 24 Lithium taper started, 30 Jan off Lithium

2021 15. March-31. May Lamictal tapered to 32.5 mg (holding)

2022 10. Jan started taking 25mg+5mg+2mg+0.5 liquid, 22. Jan went back to taking 25mg+5mg+half 5mg

• Kiasofia changed the title to Bobby23: Quit Effexor and then Pristiq now on Seroquel